onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mr Smurthwaite's games begin........

I don't trust him at all,he needs to be reminded during the Macc game what we think of him,maybe a Black and Gold day would help remind him.

We can't take anything for granted. He could backtrack and remain in situ. He won't announce it until after the season when fans are in no position to do anything demonstration wise. If I was disinterested I certainly wouldn't turn up to games just for a bit of hospitality. Bottom line is he likes his bit of fame, loves the publicity, love's the power trip. Simple fact is: He stays, I go...

Advert

We can't take anything for granted. He could backtrack and remain in situ. He won't announce it until after the season when fans are in no position to do anything demonstration wise. If I was disinterested I certainly wouldn't turn up to games just for a bit of hospitality. Bottom line is he likes his bit of fame, loves the publicity, love's the power trip. Simple fact is: He stays, I go...

Along with hundreds, if not thousands of other Valiants mate.

Hope the black and gold people will tell us their ideas for Saturday we can't let him think this is over bring your red cards and choose a minute of the match where we all turn our backs to him

Protests are suspended pending the takeover. The Shanahans are subject to an NDA and are very limited their ability to comment on progress.

It’s frustrating but a lid needs to be kept on everything for a little bit longer.

It hasn't all just blown over if that's what he's thinking.

What he's currently experiencing is the carrot. The stick can always be brought back.

I suggested on another thread that we toss our season cards on the pitch at the end, to remind him of how many STs won't be renewed unless he goes.

The point of suspending protests and direct active dissent was to not give him any excuse whatsoever.

It’s not a let up because the bid had been accepted.

It’s solely to not undermine the delicate takeover.

Would it be worth B&G issuing a statement, reminding fans of the agreement to halt the protests but stating that this is only to support the ongoing talks and that in the event of nothing materialising then protests will be back?

They did on the day the takeover acceptance was announced.

Red Cards/protests against Macclesfield are not going to alter the negotiations one way or another.

We've got to the point where he has entered detailed negotiations and signed an NDA with a buyer we all want. We can't really do much more.

If we start any form of aggression again, it'll give him more ammo to start playing around. Time is of the essence; this deal has to be completed by the dates he stated he would withdraw financial support.

If people wish to do their own individual thing then there's nothing Black and Gold can do to stop them; however, at this stage, no news is good news, as it means the NDA is still in place and the negotiations are progressing in the expected manner.

If we begin to hear things, whispers, and rumours, it suggests the NDA no longer exists and things have gone wrong.

In my view, sit tight; there's not a lot we can do anymore as fans. A statement from B&G would merely be repeating the announcements made after the signing of the NDA, and would be open to criticism from the fans who believe B&G should be remaining quiet.

Archived