onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Supporters Club protest fighting fund

Doha

I run some entertainment some of which is football-related. I've provided this at Liverpool, Man City, Wolves, Crystal Palace, the Champions League final in Cardiff and the Women's FA Cup final.

I offered my services free of charge for a day in the summer holidays to stage a club fun day and launch season ticket sales etc.

You can probably guess the response I got.

I gave up even bothering with trying after that.

As I mentioned last week I offered that female marketing genius from Preston (her name escapes me) a package to encourage more ST sales and benefit current ST sales. The package was worth over £30k to the club and was offered entirely cost free as Vale is my club, on the understanding they would provide a testimonial for a role out across the football if successful. The reply my company got was they would ‘consider’ it if we bought advertising 🙄

The marketing department has been a disgrace since Mike Aldridge left.

Advert

I run some entertainment some of which is football-related. I've provided this at Liverpool, Man City, Wolves, Crystal Palace, the Champions League final in Cardiff and the Women's FA Cup final.

I offered my services free of charge for a day in the summer holidays to stage a club fun day and launch season ticket sales etc.

You can probably guess the response I got.

I gave up even bothering with trying after that.

Another excellent idea.

They were asking for money I was saying no.... some people said yes.

Do people have to stay silent if they don't comply?

Personally I don't trust the SC with financial matters.

Me neither as we discussed previously. It’s up to the individual but too much water under the bridge for me on that. I’d certainly never give to a faceless organisation either.

The SC would do well to put the fighting fund some of us contributed towards to take legal action against Deakin and Miller towards this current campaign after years since donation there is little ever mentioned about it.

As I mentioned last week I offered that female marketing genius from Preston (her name escapes me) a package to encourage more ST sales and benefit current ST sales. The package was worth over £30k to the club and was offered entirely cost free as Vale is my club, on the understanding they would provide a testimonial for a role out across the football if successful. The reply my company got was they would ‘consider’ it if we bought advertising 🙄

The marketing department has been a disgrace since Mike Aldridge left.

Just to add that I don't have any issues with Debbie when I met with her last year. It was a little bit of a waste of time as they reached out to me through reccomendation of the blue one but then didn't seem to know what I can do but Debbie was very profesional and polite when talking to me.

I still believe the PV shop website is terribly outdated and could provide further income to the business helping to clear more merchendise.

Me neither as we discussed previously. It’s up to the individual but too much water under the bridge for me on that. I’d certainly never give to a faceless organisation either.

The SC would do well to put the fighting fund some of us contributed towards to take legal action against Deakin and Miller towards this current campaign after years since donation there is little ever mentioned about it.

What do you make of Norman’s comments / behaviour this weekend, REP?

I'm not sure that would be possible legally.... diverting funds can be a risky business.... I wouldn't agree with agreements being broken.

Just to add that I don't have any issues with Debbie when I met with her last year. It was a little bit of a waste of time as they reached out to me through reccomendation of the blue one but then didn't seem to know what I can do but Debbie was very profesional and polite when talking to me.

I still believe the PV shop website is terribly outdated and could provide further income to the business helping to clear more merchendise.

This wasn’t Debbie mate, just gone through my old emails to try and find her name but we changed servers a couple of years ago and I’m struggling to find correspondence. It was the summer of 2015.

Well there is clearly nothing happening with that money YEARS down the line Geo. I won’t forget.

I have no idea mate... if they asked the original donors if they could redistribute the funds to a different cause I doubt it would cause much of a problem.... perhaps in an open letter or such.

Perhaps they should give an accounting and an update on that particular situation.... it's not something I was involved in.

This wasn’t Debbie mate' date=' just gone through my old emails to try and find her name but we changed servers a couple of years ago and I’m struggling to find correspondence. It was the summer of 2015.[/quote']

Ah no worries I just didn't want it to seem I was criticizing Debbie because she was actually very good to deal with and wasn't her decision not to move forwards.

The Fighting Fund towards Deakin & Miller remains ringfenced for that purpose. We can't update you on the details of the progress or otherwise of that particular campaign as we're not privy to SC information. I'm sure if you email the committee or attend the next Supporters' Club meeting with your concerns you will get answers to any questions you have. I was in attendance of the January SC meeting and the ringfenced money was mentioned in their Treasurers report.

As for the current fighting fund - if people don't wish to give to a 'faceless' organisation then that is totally understandable. However, we choose to remain relatively personally anonymous to deter any personal attacks and also legal threats from the target of our campaign. We're not 'faceless' as such - the fund is in the name of the SC and is being accounted for by that organisation, in conjunction with B&G. We're as transparent as can be with why we're raising the funds and it's entirely people's choice on whether they wish to donate or not and every donation is very much appreciated. Unfortunately, Mark Porter has come under criticism and even threats from some quarters - not least the chairman himself. We try to avoid a similar situation so that we can concentrate on the task at hand, rather than be distracted by fighting other battles that we could well do without. Huge credit has to go to Mark for handling what he has had to of late. Some comments from Mr Smurthwaite are deplorable.

Despite being 'faceless', we'd like to think that the progress that we have made, to date, speaks for itself on our aims. We have been self financing up until three days ago but having met with two solicitors it's clear that certain things will be delayed unless we were to raise funds. Having encountered numerous requests for a donation facility, we took the decision to set up that very facility. It is entirely optional.

What do you make of Norman’s comments / behaviour this weekend, REP?

Bizarre mate, clearly he doesn’t mean it. It was ill advised and emotional. There is probably some truth in certain aspects of what he says but he repeated himself too much for my liking and the interviewer didn’t press him sufficiently on key aspects, (I appreciate the interviewer said he was no business expert, but at least he could have researched or taken advice from journalistic colleagues given what is going on at the club and what B&G had broadcast a day earlier). I much prefer he makes professional statements on the official club website.

It’s definitely a huge positive for all those that want change though so I don’t see why there is all this mass hysteria and worry as clearly Synetics will make another bid amongst others possibly.

The Fighting Fund towards Deakin & Miller remains ringfenced for that purpose. We can't update you on the details of the progress or otherwise of that particular campaign as we're not privy to SC information. I'm sure if you email the committee or attend the next Supporters' Club meeting with your concerns you will get answers to any questions you have. I was in attendance of the January SC meeting and the ringfenced money was mentioned in their Treasurers report.

As for the current fighting fund - if people don't wish to give to a 'faceless' organisation then that is totally understandable. However, we choose to remain relatively personally anonymous to deter any personal attacks and also legal threats from the target of our campaign. We're not 'faceless' as such - the fund is in the name of the SC and is being accounted for by that organisation, in conjunction with B&G. We're as transparent as can be with why we're raising the funds and it's entirely people's choice on whether they wish to donate or not and every donation is very much appreciated. Unfortunately, Mark Porter has come under criticism and even threats from some quarters - not least the chairman himself. We try to avoid a similar situation so that we can concentrate on the task at hand, rather than be distracted by fighting other battles that we could well do without. Huge credit has to go to Mark for handling what he has had to of late. Some comments from Mr Smurthwaite are deplorable.

Despite being 'faceless', we'd like to think that the progress that we have made, to date, speaks for itself on our aims. We have been self financing up until three days ago but having met with two solicitors it's clear that certain things will be delayed unless we were to raise funds. Having encountered numerous requests for a donation facility, we took the decision to set up that very facility. It is entirely optional.

Excellent explanation for you REP

I think events at the weekend mean that you will clearly achieve your aims.

Hopefully you will be able to now go further and assist and support new owners who will be right for the club in your organisations eyes and more importantly for the long term stability of the club we all love. I’m sure no one wants more protests in the future against another set of new owners. It’s very easy in this world to say what you don’t want, finding positive long term resolutions and taking responsibility for those changes supported is an entirely different matter.

One thing is for sure, no one wants a third period of admin, that would be a disgrace.

PS. There should be no abuse of Porter, he requested peaceful protests (as is the right in a democracy) and from what I’ve witnessed they have been exactly that.

I'm fairly certain that some members of B&G will play an active role in advising any new owners, should they wish to seek our help in moving the club forward in a new dawn. We've caught the attention of the fanbase to enable us to galvanise them into requesting change. If the correct deal is struck to move the club forwards, of course we will harness the goodwill that we have to then galvanise the fanbase in supporting new owners.

Archived