onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Supporters Club protest fighting fund

Doha

Advert

Call his bluff it’s obviously getting to him regarding the ongoing protests.He must be made to realise he is making the situation worse with his childish behaviour

He is just an unwanted fart in a lift..

He is just forcing us to up the ante more before the season ends.

Are the supporters club pushing the council to renew or enforce the community asset placed on the land to prevent him building on it ad finitum.

I suppose the crux of the matter is how much Mr Smurthwaite values his health. And I don't mean that in a threatening sense. He said that he was close to a heart attack when Vale lost that cup tie at Exeter. Surely the stress of the current situation can't be good for him? I suppose he needs to decide if Port Vale is worth more than a long retirement.

I would strongly advise Mr Smurthwaite to consider selling. There's nothing here for him at Vale Park.

There is; a big chunk of brown field house building land with all the mine shaft problems dealt with at the end of Bell's time as chairman. While the local council is unlikely to grant permission once there's no football club he can put in an appeal at national level with a good chance of success. Its the football club which goes into administration not the business owning the ground. Plus the scrap value of the stand he'll sit on a decent sum, probably over 4 million. The football club itself is worthless as an investment and with all the debt attached to it, unless you've got an emotional attachment. While he's waiting for the planning he'll still get the return on the commercial letting in The Lorne Street and anything else he can make from the land. As the largest creditor he can make it very difficult for the club to be brought out of administration, which as a cold business decision would be the last thing he'd want to happen as he'd take a hit on his loan and find it far more difficult to make a profit from the land.

Sadly this does seem to make some sense. It has been the only "angle" that i could see for his madness. I have often read that VP could not be built on because of the mineshafts, but half of SOT is over mineshafts! What do others think? I don't know about scrap metal value - seems a huge clearance cost? Also, i think that the Lorne Street income would drop sharply if the club goes - surely it is partly driven by being Vale fans? It would be a long wait to get PP on appeal - wouldn't it be easier to take the ridiculously large offer and go. Surely the EFL must start to take an interest if he is threatening to close a club when an offer has been made?

Archived