onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe's legal defence over Bennell claims

robf

Advert

From Dave Kidd,the Sun's chief sports writer.

"So Birmingham City have received a nine-point deduction for spending too much money,with Aston Villa,Derby and Sheff.Wed all fearing punishments under FL 'Financial Fair Play rules.

Maybe we should forget league tables,cancel season tickets and Sky subscriptions and just watch a load of creative accountants squabbling.

The League seem less concerned about punishing Crewe for allegedly covering up industrial scale child abuse".

From Dave Kidd,the Sun's chief sports writer.

"So Birmingham City have received a nine-point deduction for spending too much money,with Aston Villa,Derby and Sheff.Wed all fearing punishments under FL 'Financial Fair Play rules.

Maybe we should forget league tables,cancel season tickets and Sky subscriptions and just watch a load of creative accountants squabbling.

The League seem less concerned about punishing Crewe for allegedly covering up industrial scale child abuse".

Whilst financial mis-management is rightly punishable by points deduction he’s right in essence that the abuse of children in their care and then fighting against supporting the victims they failed is far worse, what would be an acceptable punishment mate? Points deductions and even expulsion from the league simply doesn’t seem enough. Surely disbanding the club and expelling anyone involved from being involved in football at any level in the future would be the only way to go. I’m amazed charged haven’t yet been brought against Gradi and the chairman.

Whilst financial mis-management is rightly punishable by points deduction he’s right in essence that the abuse of children in their care and then fighting against supporting the victims they failed is far worse' date=' what would be an acceptable punishment mate? Points deductions and even expulsion from the league simply doesn’t seem enough. Surely disbanding the club and expelling anyone involved from being involved in football at any level in the future would be the only way to go. I’m amazed charged haven’t yet been brought against Gradi and the chairman.[/quote']

They also need to up their game on dealing with fit and proper owners as well.

As a practising Catholic I think that's a bit below the belt Barry.

At least the Vatican have owned up to their shortcomings, more than Crewe Alex have done.

Ridiculous statement Barry Bennel is in jail and the club have settled out of court today ! I’m all for football rivalry’s but to use the case of people who have been sexually abused to have a go at our local rivals is pitiful . Grow up and show some respect for the victims !

The continuity of a company / business / club over time means the current generation is accountable for the sins of the people in the past involved with running the club at all levels. The present directors have a duty to obey the law, yes, but also represent and act in the interests of the company which is a corporate person under the Companies Act. So, of course there is pressure to limit liability, especially if significant liability is so large it threatens to bring into question Crewe continuing to trade as a going concern and the entire future of the club.

Crewe Alex is an important part of the community like Port Vale is to Burslem. It provides local employment and boosts local businesses on match days. Therefore if it is taken to the wall by its predecessors actions that really harms current stakeholders who have done nothing wrong.

The continuity of a company / business / club over time means the current generation is accountable for the sins of the people in the past involved with running the club at all levels. The present directors have a duty to obey the law, yes, but also represent and act in the interests of the company which is a corporate person under the Companies Act. So, of course there is pressure to limit liability, especially if significant liability is so large it threatens to bring into question Crewe continuing to trade as a going concern and the entire future of the club.

Crewe Alex is an important part of the community like Port Vale is to Burslem. It provides local employment and boosts local businesses on match days. Therefore if it is taken to the wall by its predecessors actions that really harms current stakeholders who have done nothing wrong.

The current chairman was there when it happened wasn’t he?

McGarry, part of the local media's Wall Of Silence, has this morning retweeted a Crewe Chronicle article reporting some of comments the former Palace chairman Simon Jordan made on the radio.

Jordan was saying that Crewe haven't apologized to their victims properly because of insurers, liability etc. etc. plus a few platitudes about What A Good Job John Bowler Is Doing etc...

The Chronicle and the rest of the local media are laughable aren't they? They largely ignore the story but as soon as something vaguely supportive of Crewe's handling of this appears, they jump all over it.

Ridiculous statement Barry Bennel is in jail and the club have settled out of court today ! I’m all for football rivalry’s but to use the case of people who have been sexually abused to have a go at our local rivals is pitiful . Grow up and show some respect for the victims !

To be honest DV I wrote that before Crewe settled. As such it was factually correct.

I'm not sure where I've said that it was anything to do with local rivalry - if it had been Inverness Caledonian Thistle I'm sure I'd have said something similar.

On the other hand, you could just be a troll (given your posts on the Smurthwaite threads) and I've just bitten.

Archived