onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Yeovil Town

Fosse69

Back to the 6 pointers, keep the run alive with Askey`s playing style and start climbing to safety. Keep the winning team of course, however the Tuesday stamina test of our improved fitness may mean changes in the second half. Settled winning teams breed confidence, but the ability to bring on a fitter Pope to upset the opposition maybe useful in the future, especially if he is keen to get back on the pitch. The more options the better. So same again Vale, high tempo organised play for our first double of the season.

Advert

A word of caution is certainly in order but if we can play at the same level again (unlikely) then we'll certainly get a positive result.

They've got a few players back and have a decent away record so it isn't going to be easy. The tension will be palpable.

After feeling totally down after the abysmal January window and some of our more recent results I'm seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunnel now.

To my mind we also have a number of players who, for me, would be first choice, who are not in the starting XI currently and the bench could look very strong with the likes of Monty, Howkins and Pope on it.

I'd now take a point but we should be aiming for three. Strike while the iron is hot.

Need to be winning this one really. Yesterday will feel a waste if we can’t build on it and win the games we should.

Three points here and we are closing in on League football next season.

The problem we always have is we can’t beat sides below or level with us.

The players were motivated to beat a high flying Mansfield team but will struggle against a defensive negative team sitting back hoping to pinch a goal.

They only lost 1 nil against Lincoln on Friday night so the question is can we carry it on against a desperate team on a cold Tuesday night.

That’s one of the joys of supporting an unpredictable Port Vale.

The only good thing is they probably are having a worse losing run than us and their heads may drop if we score first.

Need to be winning this one really. Yesterday will feel a waste if we can’t build on it and win the games we should.

Three points here and we are closing in on League football next season.

Disagree it would be a waste. We are 3 points better off than most predicted coming in to this game, and most would gladly have taken 4 points from these 2 home games irrespective of the order we got them in.

What it has done is created an excellent opportunity to give ourselves some breathing space over 3 teams with just 9 games to go if we can secure another win, or at least keep Yeovil below us along with Marc and County if we draw.

Definitely see this as a tougher game on Tuesday. I've said all season that there is very little difference in quality throughout this league, yesterday it looked like we wanted it more and we got our reward. Yeovil will come to Burslem desperate for a point and off the back of a mini revival. I'd love 3 points obviously, but I'd be content with a point and keep our tally clicking along. Another cup final let's hope for a similar performance from our boys. Don't forget your flasks and red cards, we are the twelfth man.

I don't get this happy with a point ********.Three points is a must and nothing but guts and determination with achieve just that.More of the same Tuesday will put this tinpot outfit well below us where they belong.

Completely agree. These happy with a point at home to Yeovil-ers are why the club will never amount to anything. No game is easy but we not only should be looking to beat them at home, we should be looking to beat them convincingly.

Same side with Popey on the bench perhaps?Just hope Manny and Wozza are fit.

Spot on mate, the players have earned it. Finally we have managed to ‘rest’ the players that don’t suit the system and that don’t have the ‘legs’ for the manager wants to play, if a little luckily in Pope’s case and very thankfully in Kay’s case as Joyce now has the opportunity to shine.

There is a time and a place for sentiment and reputation but that’s not at Port Vale in viral league games.

Spot on mate, the players have earned it. Finally we have managed to ‘rest’ the players that don’t suit the system and that don’t have the ‘legs’ for the manager wants to play, if a little luckily in Pope’s case and very thankfully in Kay’s case as Joyce now has the opportunity to shine.

There is a time and a place for sentiment and reputation but that’s not at Port Vale in viral league games.

Anyone know what a viral game is?:wink:

Robbie Earle's Perm

May 2010

Originally Posted by The Master

Synectics. It’s SyneCtics.

I wouldn’t worry, lots of folk can’t spell some of our own players names correctly so a potential buyer is way down the list!

Archived