onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A Mansfields fan view of Smurthwaite.

Advert

Strange isn't it how many people meet/have dealings with our Chairman and all come to the same conclusion. Apart from Dave , who rings into Radio Sjoke and always meets him down the training ground and loves him, is there anyone out there who has had a different experience? I say that only from the viewpoint of doing business with him to buy the club. He always seems to blame the fans for scaring off investors, the Chinese £500k springs to mind. What if its you Norman ? Seriously would you do business with him and therefore just how many potential buyers of the club are there realistically ?

Strange isn't it how many people meet/have dealings with our Chairman and all come to the same conclusion. Apart from Dave , who rings into Radio Sjoke and always meets him down the training ground and loves him, is there anyone out there who has had a different experience? I say that only from the viewpoint of doing business with him to buy the club. He always seems to blame the fans for scaring off investors, the Chinese £500k springs to mind. What if its you Norman ? Seriously would you do business with him and therefore just how many potential buyers of the club are there realistically ?

I would do business with anyone if it made money..... however..... I wouldn't trust him and would have the contract scrutinise by contract barristers .

I would do business with anyone if it made money..... however..... I wouldn't trust him and would have the contract scrutinise by contract barristers .

If you had those many concerns Geo would you even start the process? Lets be honest taking into account who you would be dealing with and the product you were buying appears to be overpriced and not that desirable how many potential buyers are there really out there ? Synetics. Are they just really bidding against themselves.

According to this old news story he used to own a chain of estate agents in Notts. Probably known to one or two Stags fans.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/millionaire-coventry-city-fan-who-3015811

The last 2 paragraphs are starting to look familiar. 6 years ago he was talking about Coventry - now we're in the same situation...

“But this is a different business plan completely because they don’t own the stadium".

“So I don’t believe anyone will put their hand in their pocket because they would be just writing off X millions of pounds".

If you had those many concerns Geo would you even start the process? Lets be honest taking into account who you would be dealing with and the product you were buying appears to be overpriced and not that desirable how many potential buyers are there really out there ? Synetics. Are they just really bidding against themselves.

The business would have to be viable and the price right, which Vale isn't at the moment... but the principal still stands.... anyone if it makes money.

According to this old news story he used to own a chain of estate agents in Notts. Probably known to one or two Stags fans.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/millionaire-coventry-city-fan-who-3015811

I moved to Nottingham in 1980 and bought and sold four houses and was very aware and visited most if not all of the local Estate Agents in Nottingham and it's surrounnding towns. The only significant chain of Estate Agents I can remember were a company called Frank Innes who were later bought by Lloyds Bank when Banks decided to get into the Real Estate. The rest of the market was mainly Estate Agents who had 1-3 shops/locations, eg C O Day etc.

I can't remember anything in the local paper (The Evening Post or freebie papers) or on Radion Nottingham about Frank Innes being bought by a businessman (other than Lloyds Bank, perhaps Smurthwaite bought it before I moved to Nottingham), there's also no record I can find of Frank Innes being bought/owned by anyone other than Lloyds Bank..

I moved to Nottingham in 1980 and bought and sold four houses and was very aware and visited most if not all of the local Estate Agents in Nottingham and it's surrounnding towns. The only significant chain of Estate Agents I can remember were a company called Frank Innes who were later bought by Lloyds Bank when Banks decided to get into the Real Estate. The rest of the market was mainly Estate Agents who had 1-3 shops/locations, eg C O Day etc.

I can't remember anything in the local paper (The Evening Post or freebie papers) or on Radion Nottingham about Frank Innes being bought by a businessman (other than Lloyds Bank, perhaps Smurthwaite bought it before I moved to Nottingham), there's also no record I can find of Frank Innes being bought/owned by anyone other than Lloyds Bank..

Obviously did not trade under his surname.

It never ceases to amaze me, and putting aside any existing rivalries, how some footballing issues clearly resonate with fellow supporters all over the world, and top of the tree in bringing fellow supporters together and at worse a shared understanding, is when people see how and what blatant mismanagement and worse, outright shenanigans and financial ineptitude can do to small club like us.

One could argue that the appointment of Mrs Radford as Mansfields CEO was certainly at the time 'perhaps' little more than a publicity stunt, but OMG is it working for them, as she has clearly proved well up to the task.

But more than that, it demonstrates perfectly what a well run club they are, what the Radfords commitment, both in vision and most certainly investment on and off the pitch has provided, and as a consequence, what the ensuing harmony, not just 'in the boardroom', but from the boardroom to the management has given to the supporters...................

Oh what would we give to have an owner like theirs? :banghead:

Obviously did not trade under his surname.

Obviously not Fosse, but I would expect there to be something out there describing a sale/purchase....perhaps I'm not looking in the right place. Being in the East Midlanda you must know of Frank Innes Estate Agents.

Archived