onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectic`s owner statement

valeblue

1' date='500, where has that figure come from?[/quote']

It's my estimate and it's based on what I've seen, heard and felt when this topic has been discussed.

I honestly think a lot of people are underestimating the depth of feeling about Smurthwaite from a very large percentage of the fan base.

Time will tell who's right, but I'm sadly confident this summer will be a new low if he stays - and for the record, I won't be renewing or attending any home games next season unless he sells up.

Advert

It's my estimate and it's based on what I've seen, heard and felt when this topic has been discussed.

I honestly think a lot of people are underestimating the depth of feeling about Smurthwaite from a very large percentage of the fan base.

Time will tell who's right, but I'm sadly confident this summer will be a new low if he stays - and for the record, I won't be renewing or attending any home games next season unless he sells up.

3 tickets from my family (always early bird)are withheld until he clears off

You do tend to hear that sort of stuff quite a lot mate and then summer comes, fans miss it and give in to the lure of the attractiveness of the early bird offer. I don’t think you are wrong suggesting there will be some drop off but I’d be surprised if it’s anywhwre near that much.

One thing that is alarming that has never been addressed that I’ve banged on about for years is the attraction of a new younger bunch of fans, a brief look around particularly in the Railway Stand and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realise in 10 years most probably won’t be physically alive or capable of attending, I’m the youngest by about 20 years where I sit!

You do tend to hear that sort of stuff quite a lot mate and then summer comes, fans miss it and give in to the lure of the attractiveness of the early bird offer. I don’t think you are wrong suggesting there will be some drop off but I’d be surprised if it’s anywhwre near that much.

One thing that is alarming that has never been addressed that I’ve banged on about for years is the attraction of a new younger bunch of fans, a brief look around particularly in the Railway Stand and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realise in 10 years most probably won’t be physically alive or capable of attending, I’m the youngest by about 20 years where I sit!

And that's what happens when you allocate zero budget for marketing and promotion.

I'm one of the people who sooner or later renew but definitely won't this summer and I've heard the same from enough people to know we're heading for a very low sales figure. Still as Smurthwaite himself said he's "not fussed about season ticket sales".

I'm with smithie on this. From Lorne Street and away games banter the theme is very much along the lines of die hards NOT renewing season tickets if Smurthwaite stays. My 2 season tickets will NOT be renew as long as he stays and I'm usually one of the 1st to pay up. I do understand what REP says and accept that under normal circumstances die hards will say one thing and maybe act differently the next day. We are not in usual times though. The depth of feeling against Smurthwaite's smug, ego boosting, untruthful statements and his seemingly disinterest in the paying customers has culminated now in what I believe will be a record low on season ticket sales. Thus is not a knee jerk reaction. It's reality and as long as Smurthwaite is the owner Vale will not have access to full potential. Enjoy retirement Smurthwaite, please get yourself away from us and sell up for a reasonable figure.

I'm with smithie on this. From Lorne Street and away games banter the theme is very much along the lines of die hards NOT renewing season tickets if Smurthwaite stays. My 2 season tickets will NOT be renew as long as he stays and I'm usually one of the 1st to pay up. I do understand what REP says and accept that under normal circumstances die hards will say one thing and maybe act differently the next day. We are not in usual times though. The depth of feeling against Smurthwaite's smug, ego boosting, untruthful statements and his seemingly disinterest in the paying customers has culminated now in what I believe will be a record low on season ticket sales. Thus is not a knee jerk reaction. It's reality and as long as Smurthwaite is the owner Vale will not have access to full potential. Enjoy retirement Smurthwaite, please get yourself away from us and sell up for a reasonable figure.

Hopefully it won’t come to that mate.

Well when the interview for the role of marketing manager consists solely of flirting with a dirty old man what do you expect?

Bratt? Lloyd? Deakin? Miller? Wildes? Smurf?

The people in the post previously were also dreadful, that can’t be the answer for all of them.

I personally negotiated a deal with a woman (from Preston) whose name I forget back in early 2014, something that a company of Vale’s fan size would pay £35,000 for which she was being offered for free and one which would have benefitted every single ST holder, she was so blind that she looked a gift horse in the mouth stating she only wanted it if we bought a certain amount of sponsorship from her 🙄

If that's the case I hope they don't buy it.

So you hope they don't buy it based on some random comment on a message board from someone who's probably never met the Shanahans let alone discussed their motives in offering to buy the club?

So you hope they don't buy it based on some random comment on a message board from someone who's probably never met the Shanahans let alone discussed their motives in offering to buy the club?

I did qualify the statement by saying..... IF that's the case.

Archived