onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Fosse69

Me too, I totally agree. Putting aside his red card, he looked so much sharper and fitter in the Crawley game, scores every time the reserves play, but still can't see it happening as much as I think we should. People normally play in the reserves when they are not expected to play the next game, and more relevantly perhaps is that clearly playing anyone up front with Tom in a 'two' doesn't, hasn't, couldn't work, not with the way we play anyway, so if Tom is going to play, and we assume he will, then lets have a genuine front three. We're not expected to win so why not go for it.

Good call. 433 and score some goals. Draws are no good at home, we need to start winning.

Advert

If we play two up top we will get murdered.

I thought Mansfield where a good side earlier in the season and expect them to be in the automatic places. I think its a game we need to pack the midfield to close down the passing lanes.

Not popular I know, after positivity of a point last week but we really need to just stay in this game and try and nick it towards the end. If we can get a point followed by a win against Yeovil would be a very good week.

Me too, I totally agree. Putting aside his red card, he looked so much sharper and fitter in the Crawley game, scores every time the reserves play, but still can't see it happening as much as I think we should. People normally play in the reserves when they are not expected to play the next game, and more relevantly perhaps is that clearly playing anyone up front with Tom in a 'two' doesn't, hasn't, couldn't work, not with the way we play anyway, so if Tom is going to play, and we assume he will, then lets have a genuine front three. We're not expected to win so why not go for it.

Playing one up front just invites the opposition to push their full backs forward to overload the midfield.

Miller needs to start and is horrible to play against and keeps their defenders occupied and takes the pressure off Pope.He also tends to draw fouls and possibly penalties .Playing one up front doesn’t work because we don’t score goals and has been tried multitudes of times by Baldrick Brown and Aspin.

Also please get Legge using his long throws as it isn’t happening since Askey came in.

We are the home team and need to close them down quickly and not sit back and invite them to attack us.

Just hope Askey has the balls to go two up front.

Just brought me ticket online .

Looking forwards to the game .

Its 11 v 11 and the onus is on our 11 delivering .

Not about individuals .

So here the teamid like to see take to the field .

Brown

Gibbons (clark if gibbons injured )

Legge

Crookes

Montano

Worrall

Joyce

Oyeleke

Hannant

Pope

Miller

I think montano should and could give us a extra dimension in home league games .

Just a observation he goes past players and creates space for others .

I think what ive seen of Miller is he gives you a bit of that unpredictabilty what can give you a good foothold in any game so im hoping see him start .

Pope well he is a very good playeras we know that but there does come a time in every players career where it gets harder to do the things what made you the player you are and were.

If not going for him id like see him replaced on 60 mins and have a look at another option .

Its all to predictable and gives the opposition very little think about .

As a manager you surely got to have many different ways win a game .

Every corner has gotta have imagination like the one which led to Jack Grealishes goal etc last sat .

Smith is not a threat to the opposition at corners ,its all so lameiwanna see anything but lame .

UTV

Just brought me ticket online .

Looking forwards to the game .

Its 11 v 11 and the onus is on our 11 delivering .

Not about individuals .

So here the teamid like to see take to the field .

Brown

Gibbons (clark if gibbons injured )

Legge

Crookes

Montano

Worrall

Joyce

Oyeleke

Hannant

Pope

Miller

I think montano should and could give us a extra dimension in home league games .

Just a observation he goes past players and creates space for others .

I think what ive seen of Miller is he gives you a bit of that unpredictabilty what can give you a good foothold in any game so im hoping see him start .

Pope well he is a very good playeras we know that but there does come a time in every players career where it gets harder to do the things what made you the player you are and were.

If not going for him id like see him replaced on 60 mins and have a look at another option .

Its all to predictable and gives the opposition very little think about .

As a manager you surely got to have many different ways win a game .

Every corner has gotta have imagination like the one which led to Jack Grealishes goal etc last sat .

Smith is not a threat to the opposition at corners ,its all so lameiwanna see anything but lame .

UTV

Had this conversation about Smith last week, I sure when he broke into the first team in league one, he used to net regular from corners? Maybe the service was better then.

11 games to go, 33 points on offer. Our form is the worst in the league but sooner or later things must turn.

A good result in our favour last night.

We must shoot, and for that reason I think Miller MUST PLAY with a front 2 of Miller and Pope with Whitfield just behind them.

No points today will not relegate us, a point today will be massive, 3 points will really change our outlook.

UTV, Smurf OUT.

Just a few years ago Mansfield were glad to employ Port Vale's cast off's when they were none league.

Now they are after gaining promotion to L1 and the Vale are fighting to stay in L2.

What a dreadful downward plunge for our club. Obviously all down to a lousy owner.

Let's forget how important this game could be..... let's forget about our precarious position,... let's forget how bloody desperate we feel..... just go for it.... do your best.... get at them.... go for the win..... sod the draw..... all or nothing.

Let's forget how important this game could be..... let's forget about our precarious position,... let's forget how bloody desperate we feel..... just go for it.... do your best.... get at them.... go for the win..... sod the draw..... all or nothing.

Spot on geo,we need a home win and not a another club record around our neck.

Spot on geo,we need a home win and not a another club record around our neck.

Completely agree, I will be utterly amazed if we go for it though with Arthur in charge sadly.

I am a little surprised by how some have become carried away with a poor to average performance against the worst football league club last week but the manager surely has to harness that and use it to drive us on with more of a dynamic performance. His dropping of Kay is a glimmer of light which was long overdue and he must show much more of that style of management if we are to become more forward thinking.

Completely agree, I will be utterly amazed if we go for it though with Arthur in charge sadly.

I am a little surprised by how some have become carried away with a poor to average performance against the worst football league club last week but the manager surely has to harness that and use it to drive us on with more of a dynamic performance. His dropping of Kay is a glimmer of light which was long overdue and he must show much more of that style of management if we are to become more forward thinking.

Who is Arthur, thought you didn't name calling.

Archived