onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Refreshment Kiosk Boycott

Advert

It really doesn’t matter who profits from the catering, if Smurthwaite is pocketing the proceeds then a boycott will help shift him.

If the kiosks have been sub leased to a private company, presumably for a fee, then if they’re not taking enough money they won’t be happy and would probably pull the plug. Every little thing will help to shift Smurthwaite.

Boycotting is another straw toward breaking the camels back.

It really doesn’t matter who profits from the catering, if Smurthwaite is pocketing the proceeds then a boycott will help shift him.

If the kiosks have been sub leased to a private company, presumably for a fee, then if they’re not taking enough money they won’t be happy and would probably pull the plug. Every little thing will help to shift Smurthwaite.

One thing I would say, if there’s to be a catering boycott, it needs to be publicised on other social media sites as well as on here as ovf really only covers a relatively small section of the fan base.

Seems if he wants to hang on to the kiosks that badly, it must be a real cash pig for him. We should hand out leaflets to explain this, and put picket lines up inside the ground. Utter disgrace that were topping up his pension.

Whilst impacting on people's jobs working at the Vale I totally agree that ALL supporters, preferably via turnstile admission point (leafleting) become aware of this. It is appalling frankly, immoral some might say, starving the club of profit. Digusting man, no shame, chasing the pound note his only love.

For me after 44 years, no more season tickets (2), no more shirts (3), no more progs until he has gone - this time I mean it regardless of my love for the Vale.

Can't believe the WHOLE fan base has not turned on this greedy selfish man.

We have spent a lot of money each year following Vale home and away including match sponsorship - no more.

The part that I don’t get is if the kiosks are sub let then why is Smurthwaite often seen unloading pies and other items from his car?

Far more effective would be a physical presence outside each kiosk asking people to help the boycott.

Burslem has got stacks of places offering far better food and drinks.

Support Burslem, not this leech.

be hilarious if synectics put a burger/refreshment van on their land

The part that I don’t get is if the kiosks are sub let then why is Smurthwaite often seen unloading pies and other items from his car?

It could be that he is the "preferred supplier"....selected by himself. So he makes money on the pies and money from the people selling the pies.

All of which no-one would care about if he wasn't such a tosser.

Whilst impacting on people's jobs working at the Vale I totally agree that ALL supporters, preferably via turnstile admission point (leafleting) become aware of this. It is appalling frankly, immoral some might say, starving the club of profit. Digusting man, no shame, chasing the pound note his only love.

For me after 44 years, no more season tickets (2), no more shirts (3), no more progs until he has gone - this time I mean it regardless of my love for the Vale.

Can't believe the WHOLE fan base has not turned on this greedy selfish man.

We have spent a lot of money each year following Vale home and away including match sponsorship - no more.

No season ticket money next season.No club shop spend.No kiosk spend must be the best way to hurt him in the pocket.More people need to buy their pies etc from down town on way to match.They are also cheaper.Dont buy any ale in the ground.Have your pre match ale before getting to the ground.Spend money in local pubs where it will be more appreciated.Just go without the half time ale.The kiosks often run out early on anyway.Yes he will no doubt blame the fans because they have spent their hard earned elsewhere.But he blames the fans for everything anyway if they spend money in the ground or not.He has recently said he isn’t bothered about ST anyway.So we will soon see just how bothered he is about ST sales.When he cries about lack of sales.

It could be that he is the "preferred supplier"....selected by himself. So he makes money on the pies and money from the people selling the pies.

All of which no-one would care about if he wasn't such a tosser.

That could well be the case.But then they would be paying kiosk rent to him.Buying supplies from him (with his mark up added on)They then have to add their own mark up to cover costs.Then it comes to the point that it is no longer viable for them.So when their contract with him is up for renewal they dont renew and he loses out financially on the kiosk rent and the profit he makes by supplying them.

Archived