onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics bid turned down

Jacko51

Advert

Oh just **** off you unbearable attention seeking piece of ****.

Can we please remove that PV1876 user please. It’s become painfully obvious that it is that piece of scum who somehow owns our club on a windup. It has become apparent that he is getting some kind of sick thrill out of destroying a community asset that is essential to the community and is dear to the hearts of generations of Stoke-on-Trent citizens and yet he has the sheer audacity to come on here and take the **** out of the very people who have fattened his pockets.

It’s PVFC86, isn’t it?

When one business takes over another, in a multi-million pound deal is all the cash paid up front or are the payments staged? When Premier League team buys an expensive footballer in a multi-million pound deal is all the cash paid up front or is the deal staged? When someone who has something to sell asks the buyer to consider staged payments, which they then offer, why in the name of God does the seller then shout in the press about mortgages?

Norman Smurthwaite is to sensible business practice what King Herod was to child welfare.

Well if you take a mortgage out to buy something then the seller receives the whole lot up front.

It is up to Smurf if he wants installments or not, but it would appear that he is not being truthful there given Carol's comments about it being his idea initially. She also mentioned that they could have arranged finance themselves.

It’s not too far a stretch to think he’s right, albeit for the wrong reasons. Synetics are bidding and their below par (knowingly or otherwise) helps their cause in the eyes of the fans.

Think reasonably, who wants an owner who can’t even afford the purchase price? Only an idiot. Another bid will come (if they’re serious), guaranteed

Really?

Can we please remove that PV1876 user please. It’s become painfully obvious that it is that piece of scum who somehow owns our club on a windup. It has become apparent that he is getting some kind of sick thrill out of destroying a community asset that is essential to the community and is dear to the hearts of generations of Stoke-on-Trent citizens and yet he has the sheer audacity to come on here and take the **** out of the very people who have fattened his pockets.

seconded

It’s not too far a stretch to think he’s right, albeit for the wrong reasons. Synetics are bidding and their below par (knowingly or otherwise) helps their cause in the eyes of the fans.

Think reasonably, who wants an owner who can’t even afford the purchase price? Only an idiot. Another bid will come (if they’re serious), guaranteed

If they were on the ball and had the resource they would flip the owners argument on its head and offer the 3.5 million in full with the Hughil money to come in Jan 2020.

It seems the owners issue was with payment terms which you are absolutely right to indicate would cast a shadow over how they were to fund the club at the same time over the next 5 years, a consistent issue for me during debates of supporting any new owner along with sustainable business plans. If they have the facility to do that and show us such a plan it would put the ball very much back in the owners court because that seems to be his only issue in his statement. It was Synetics who said he wanted more, I don’t think he made mention of it?

The romance of local owners is great but we have been there before and don’t want to be seeing B&GIII in a few years because the money isn’t there again.

I’ll reply to you Rob because I’m struggling with the lunatics taking over the asylum and I genuinely respect your opinion.

If anyone wants an owner that can’t afford £3.5m outright & is basically mortgaging the club from the outset, they are insane. For ***** sake, there’s another team in Mancester for this very reason. It would be about 10 minutes until all this kicked off again.

All businesses use credit to be fair.

As long as it's sensible and affordable then it means that they have their own cash spare to invest, which is worth more to them in the long run.

I don't know how much money they have by the way. I can't imagine a company of their size would struggle to get a £3.5m mortgage on half decent terms though.

If they were on the ball and had the resource they would flip the owners argument on its head and offer the 3.5 million in full with the Hughil money to come in Jan 2020.

It seems the owners issue was with payment terms which you are absolutely right to indicate would cast a shadow over how they were to fund the club at the same time over the next 5 years, a consistent issue for me during debates of supporting any new owner along with sustainable business plans. If they have the facility to do that and show us such a plan it would put the ball very much back in the owners court because that seems to be his only issue in his statement. It was Synetics who said he wanted more, I don’t think he made mention of it?

The romance of local owners is great but we have been there before and don’t want to be seeing B&GIII in a few years because the money isn’t there again.

Oh yeah because it’s so good and the owner puts in so much money now!!!

Agreed, it would be great if they sorted the finance and offered the whole lot to Smurf to walk away.

I think it would be rejected again though and he'd have to think of another reason to state publicly.

I think it’s a huge stretch, considering Carol has fought back earlier in reply to him, stating that it was HIM who wanted staggered payments?

I also ask you. Wasn’t he more than happy to take the Hugill payments by method of a “mortgage”?

Do we take it Preston are skint?

It’s common business practice.

As for those who suggest Carol hasn’t got the money. How’s this so called multi millionaire working out for us right now?

“He’s put his money in. Fair play” I hear people cry, still.

So you could argue a multi millionaire doesn’t work.

Now, back to Carol and Kevin. What they will bring is their business acumen to take this club forward. It won’t be throwing millions at it but they will have a model and a plan. Something we’ve lacked for years.

They also have HUGE contacts in the likes of Autonet, KMF Metal to name two. Big companies who are fans who WILL invest and move this club forward.

Look at where we are. Look at what’s being offered and take away Smurthwaites lies.

Regardless of if it’s over 5 years, 4.65 million is a hell of a lot more than this club is worth. 1.25 mill up front is MORE than he paid for it and we are in a worse position on and off the field now. That’s fact. No getting away from it.

He bought the club for 1.25 mill with 600k of STs sales ringfenced. Money that magically disappeared may I add. So in theory he/Paul Wildes/whoever paid 650k for the club.

Think about all of that and then come back and debate it with me.

The problem is not buying the Vale, but keeping it afloat. Borrowing money is realistic if it generates funds to pay the interest and pay off the loan, not many clubs below the Championship can do that. A risky thing to do, not many people willing to do that unless emotionally evolved, not many multi-millionaires about, a consortium may be another way. Settling on a fair price is another problem.

All businesses use credit to be fair.

As long as it's sensible and affordable then it means that they have their own cash spare to invest, which is worth more to them in the long run.

I don't know how much money they have by the way. I can't imagine a company of their size would struggle to get a £3.5m mortgage on half decent terms though.

True but financing would be in advance of an offer- it doesn’t work the other way round! Plus no one is willingly funding the purchase of Port Vale at a corporate level, it’s utter lunacy.

The problem is not buying the Vale, but keeping it afloat. Borrowing money is realistic if it generates funds to pay the interest and pay off the loan, not many clubs below the Championship can do that. A risky thing to do, not many people willing to do that unless emotionally evolved, not many multi-millionaires about, a consortium may be another way. Settling on a fair price is another problem.

I totally agree.

Archived