onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics bid turned down

Jacko51

Advert

At the moment it's obvious to me a lot of you are angry at Norman Smurthwaite.

I have a different opinion to some of you because I like to look at both sides of the coin.

I don't let my emotions run away with me.

If you are angry with Norman don't take that anger out on me.

That's the problem, isn't it? Norman just can't understand why the fans are so angry with him. He thinks it's just a game, a hobby, something that you might turn up to on a Satdee afternoon if you feel like it. Whereas the truth is that, for most life-long Vale fans, supporting the Vale is in our blood, it's a way of life, a family tradition, a deep-seated, tribal loyalty. That's why football fans ask to be buried in their club shirt, why they ask for their ashes to be scattered at the ground, why they bring their children up to support the club, and why they spend so much time, effort and emotional energy supporting their team.

So when, as someone who's just the latest in a long line of temporary custodians of the club, the owner takes it to the brink of football league oblivion by a series of dreadful errors of judgment, he might find the fans get a bit upset. When Norman took over the club, he said, as I recall (and please correct me if I'm wrong), that he knew nowt about football. Well, every passing day, including today, shows that he was right.

I'm afraid it's gone past the point where this enmity can be reconciled. Norman needs to go. He might want to destroy the club before he does, or walk away with a profit, saying I've won. But he won't have won and, if he can't understand why he hasn't, it's because he knows nowt about football.

He got the club on the cheap but he has put an enormous amount of money into the club.

I can't see why he doesn't deserve all his investment back.

Because most of the money he has invested was due his own incompetence.

He gambled and lost.

Bet 365 wouldn’t give him his money back if he lost.

The Chinese guy has offered 2.75 million including a 500k rebate if we get relegated.

Carole should tell him that the offer would be reduced by 1 million if we get relegated or withdrawn.

He would then realise what his antics causing us to be relegated will cost him money.

Perhaps he gets his kicks playing the pantomime villain besides his extra curricular activities on Hamil Road.

No. I've spent £150,000 doing it up as it was rotten to the core. Paid £50,000 for it. Should I now sell it for what I paid for it?

Or should I have just let it crumble and not pumped money into it to keep it from falling down?

Yes, but even though you spent all that money doing it up, it might still only be worth £100,000! That will depend on its market value, not what you've spent on it.

What if you spent £50k on a new roof and and put on the wrong kind of covering, meaning you had to rip off the new roof and replace it with the right type.

That's like putting in Bruno etc. A big mistake of NORMAN'S, not adding any value to the club whatsoever!

Can there be any way other interested parties may join forces with Carol and thrash out a way to oust the Owner? Life with him as continuing his dictatorship over us is completely unacceptable. I would rather stick pins in my eyeballs than give him a penny more of my money or a single breath out of my body. Before today I despised the man. Now I actually believe he has a split personality disorder and frankly hasn't a clue what to do next. He is suffering a mental breakdown attempting to recall what he previously said or agreed. There is NO way this man is fit to run a business, there is NO way we should allow him to ruin our great Club. There has to be a way for 1 or more parties to unite and buy him out.

He must be hiding something that will be uncovered if he ever sells the club, he just must be, why would he not sell for that new offer , he must be feeling the stress of it all, just sell up smurf and go and enjoy the rest of your life on a nice warm beach ,

Synetics originally offered £2 million upfront, Smurf to stay on for 12 months

He gets the said £2 million as long as no skeletons come out of the cupboard

Guess what He turned it down

Did the Synectics Solutions duo offer that for the club knowing that full well it would be rejected?

Not bad publicity for the company getting in the paper and going on the radio for free.

Just looking at it from all angles.

I certainly think it's a more than reasonable bid for a club which had no debt when it was taken over. I doubt he'll get a more generous bid anywhere else.

I’ll reply to you Rob because I’m struggling with the lunatics taking over the asylum and I genuinely respect your opinion.

If anyone wants an owner that can’t afford £3.5m outright & is basically mortgaging the club from the outset, they are insane. For ***** sake, there’s another team in Mancester for this very reason. It would be about 10 minutes until all this kicked off again.

Did the Synectics Solutions duo offer that for the club knowing that full well it would be rejected?

Not bad publicity for the company getting in the paper and going on the radio for free.

Just looking at it from all angles.

Offering money to show the blue idiot for what he is... deluded.... it’s great way to continue to pile the pressure on him, well done on their part! Keep it up.

Archived