onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics bid turned down

Jacko51

Whatever Norman's reasons for turning down this offer, his reply to the Shanahans is absolutely disgraceful, not an ounce of decency let alone professionalism. He clearly couldn't care less what happens to this club as long as owning it suits his purposes, whatever they are. If he wanted to alienate the fan base even more, if that were possible, he's going the right way about it. But then perhaps that's the way he wants it.

I wonder if the usual suspects will be out defending his behaviour after this?

Advert

There is no doubt in my mind that he isn't interested in selling the Club and Ground together. I think he would sell the club but to 'recoup what he has put in' but then keep the ground to enable him to extract more money from the club. I remember him stating that if the club was sold separate that an automatic 25 year rent lease kicks in due to EFL rules but below market value. Regardless if its below market value, he would still be earning substantial funds from this method!

Couldn't agree more.

He is playing a very dangerous game and it wouldn't surprise me at all if someone gives him an absolute pasting - it only takes one person to not be able to control their anger, and when you're talking about hundreds of people getting enraged by his actions, then its not that unlikely.

Newcastle United, Blackpool and particularly Rangers have all been damaged by their owners. If a guy can almost destroy Rangers F.C. and walk away with his teeth intact then I'm sure Smurthwaite will be alright. As long as he doesn't keep shagging bloke's wives that is.

Whatever Norman's reasons for turning down this offer, his reply to the Shanahans is absolutely disgraceful, not an ounce of decency let alone professionalism. He clearly couldn't care less what happens to this club as long as owning it suits his purposes, whatever they are. If he wanted to alienate the fan base even more, if that were possible, he's going the right way about it. But then perhaps that's what he wants.

I wonder if the usual suspects will be out defending his behaviour after this?

You are correct, and your post is exactly why, along with getting behind the team, the travelling fans need to be enormously vocal in our hatred of NS' reign tomorrow afternoon, along with the red card protest at Mansfield.

Monitor valeforsale.co.uk and the B&G twitter account for the latest information.

I never thought they would offer that much and I'm sure they are very surprised that they've been turned down.

To me it's very evident that Norman loves being the owner of a football club and the status that comes with it.

He's a narcissist, he adores the power being a club owner gives him.

The club isn't for sale. I'm quite sure of that.

He could of accepted it and everything been over... at least we could stare the relegation threat with hope of bouncing back quickly if it does happen and could focus on just supporting the boys tomorrow and onwards.

Dont get why you wouldn't just take the money and run there. Anyone fancy going in with the Synetics bid?! Robbie rekindle your love?

I think it's more a case of milking every penny, running us into the ground and selling off all the assets.

He wants us out of existence I'm absolutely convinced of it.

Because they fans have been on his back. And the protests?

When he has recovered from his illness he will be able to go back to his day job as a successful businessman and fly to Hong Kong and complete the sale of the club for obviously more than £3.5m. Just remind me how much do Non League clubs fetch nowadays ?. When are Amazon delivering my Unicorn ?

Because they fans have been on his back. And the protests?

With all respect mate that is ludicrous. He has repeatedly behaved obnoxiously and turned bids down prior to fans being on his back or protesting.

This guy has thicker skin than the fattest rhino in Africa.

He must be hiding something that will be uncovered if he ever sells the club, he just must be, why would he not sell for that new offer , he must be feeling the stress of it all, just sell up smurf and go and enjoy the rest of your life on a nice warm beach ,

Archived