Sign in to follow this  
Bede

Tonight's SC Meeting - Change of Venue

C'mon REP you need to start reading between lines. Get of that fence and get the splinters out of your arse on the chairman.Its more comfortable!

Hats of to Colin Garlick for fronting up and speaking at the supporters club tonight, not an easy thing to do under the circumstances, even if he is probably holding back nuggets of information.

Statement of accounts eagerly awaited.....

He’s paid very well to be the buffer between fans / manager / players and the chairman. He’s the guy fielding awkward questions for the chairman. Basically he takes all the flak.

He’s paid very well to be the buffer between fans / manager / players and the chairman. He’s the guy fielding awkward questions for the chairman. Basically he takes all the flak.

As CEO that’s part of the role. As Wakefiekd said he’s a man of integrity. Not a particular fan myself but I don’t think that can be questioned.

As CEO that’s part of the role. As Wakefiekd said he’s a man of integrity. Not a particular fan myself but I don’t think that can be questioned.

I’m not convinced that any man who works for NS ( at this level) could be considered as a man of integrity.

Guess what ?................Smurthwaites trip to Hong Kong to speak to potential investors is off,he's not very well.

Who would have thought it ?

Must have had a dodgy takeaway from Hong Kong in Baddeley Green.

Pocketed another 50k has n his piggy bank and they have realised he is a liar.

Will blame the fans protests for stopping him packeting more money.

I couldn’t make the meeting so I followed it online whilst watching the Copa del Rey semi final.

Colin Garlick came across very much as I suspect he is in real life: a stressed middle manager with little real decision making authority, struggling to justify the increasingly bizarre and autocratic decisions of the business owner.

I keep hearing people praise Garlick for his honesty and integrity. Neither of those are in question but he seems like somebody who has no idea what is going on under his own nose, or someone who has to plead ignorance about what is, for the sake of his own sanity. Everything he said seemed to be with caveats such as ‘as far as I’m aware’, ‘my understanding is’ - you begin to wonder if he stopped coming to work for a few days would anybody notice? I suppose they wouldn’t get through as many tea bags.

Despite his best Mike Lloyd impression, we did manage to glean a few nuggets of information, each damaging to the club’s hierarchy in its own way. But nothing really to ramp up the pressure on Smurthwaite. There was no key take-home message from the meeting. Just the general perception of a club in total disarray from top to bottom.

Guess what ?................Smurthwaites trip to Hong Kong to speak to potential investors is off,he's not very well.

Who would have thought it ?

That's what happens if you spend too long in the sun sucking your lollipop.

I’m not convinced that any man who works for NS ( at this level) could be considered as a man of integrity.

He’s right in there with him, believe me!!!

I couldn’t make the meeting so I followed it online whilst watching the Copa del Rey semi final.

Colin Garlick came across very much as I suspect he is in real life: a stressed middle manager with little real decision making authority, struggling to justify the increasingly bizarre and autocratic decisions of the business owner.

I keep hearing people praise Garlick for his honesty and integrity. Neither of those are in question but he seems like somebody who has no idea what is going on under his own nose, or someone who has to plead ignorance about what is, for the sake of his own sanity. Everything he said seemed to be with caveats such as ‘as far as I’m aware’, ‘my understanding is’ - you begin to wonder if he stopped coming to work for a few days would anybody notice? I suppose they wouldn’t get through as many tea bags.

Despite his best Mike Lloyd impression, we did manage to glean a few nuggets of information, each damaging to the club’s hierarchy in its own way. But nothing really to ramp up the pressure on Smurthwaite. There was no key take-home message from the meeting. Just the general perception of a club in total disarray from top to bottom.

Guys, don’t be fooled by garlick! He knows exactly what’s happening at that club, but to keep his own position tenable has to say the things he does!!

What person with the title of CEO does not know how much the business he is responsible for is worth. Equally how can he claim to have no knowledge of a 500k sponsorship deal , absolutely massive in relation to the size of the Vale.

Sorry Colin you are kidding yourself if you seriously think you are a CEO , no one else does. He's a Puppet !

Do you include John Rudge and Neil Aspin in that analysis, Caroline?

Guys, don’t be fooled by garlick! He knows exactly what’s happening at that club, but to keep his own position tenable has to say the things he does!!

Explain. What has he done to make you claim he is corrupt??

What person with the title of CEO does not know how much the business he is responsible for is worth. Equally how can he claim to have no knowledge of a 500k sponsorship deal , absolutely massive in relation to the size of the Vale.

Sorry Colin you are kidding yourself if you seriously think you are a CEO , no one else does. He's a Puppet !

I suspect it's difficult for him to keep up with all the fairy stories we get from the Board Room.

Explain. What has he done to make you claim he is corrupt??

Doesn’t know how much club is worth? Doesn’t know of potential sponsorship?

Doesn’t know who signed players?

Doesn’t know, not aware,all statements lying about the things it’s his position to know, and does know!

I’ve worked there also, I know him?

Edited by Valiant!

Doesn’t know how much club is worth? Doesn’t know of potential sponsorship?

Doesn’t know who signed players?

Doesn’t know, not aware,all statements lying about the things it’s his position to know, and does know!

I’ve worked there also, I know him?

None of that even hints at corruption. You should withdraw that statement. Do you still work there?

None of that even hints at corruption. You should withdraw that statement. Do you still work there?

Not a chance of withdrawing, if you think Garlick is a good egg, dream on, you will find out one day. Keep your blinkers on. You wrote corrupt not me?

Not a chance of withdrawing, if you think Garlick is a good egg, dream on, you will find out one day. Keep your blinkers on. You wrote corrupt not me?

You used the word in a previous post which I reported. Do you still work there?