onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tonight's SC Meeting - Change of Venue

Bede

Advert

Not really' date=' it’s not the sort of thing people say day to day or that would constitute a normal logical analogy to anything. Do people often sit in the sun sucking lollies? Icelollies possibly. Put frankly it’s odd.[/quote']

C'mon REP you need to start reading between lines. Get of that fence and get the splinters out of your arse on the chairman.Its more comfortable!

Hats of to Colin Garlick for fronting up and speaking at the supporters club tonight, not an easy thing to do under the circumstances, even if he is probably holding back nuggets of information.

Statement of accounts eagerly awaited.....

C'mon REP you need to start reading between lines. Get of that fence and get the splinters out of your arse on the chairman.Its more comfortable!

Hats of to Colin Garlick for fronting up and speaking at the supporters club tonight, not an easy thing to do under the circumstances, even if he is probably holding back nuggets of information.

His answers so far have been reasonable, seems to have put some rumours to bed but then he’s clearly not able to be too open with regards to certain things.

I wished someone would ask him why he’s made us look like clowns releasing that daft complaint about decisions.

Colin's done a very good job tonight of painting a picture of a club in total disarray.

I don't know if he thought that coming to the SC meeting would reassure supporters that the club is being run well.

fair play to him for turning up and being as honest as he could. Im sure he knows more, but you cant blame him for protecting his position at the club.

He’s paid very well to be the buffer between fans / manager / players and the chairman. He’s the guy fielding awkward questions for the chairman. Basically he takes all the flak.

He’s paid very well to be the buffer between fans / manager / players and the chairman. He’s the guy fielding awkward questions for the chairman. Basically he takes all the flak.

As CEO that’s part of the role. As Wakefiekd said he’s a man of integrity. Not a particular fan myself but I don’t think that can be questioned.

Guess what ?................Smurthwaites trip to Hong Kong to speak to potential investors is off,he's not very well.

Who would have thought it ?

Must have had a dodgy takeaway from Hong Kong in Baddeley Green.

Pocketed another 50k has n his piggy bank and they have realised he is a liar.

Will blame the fans protests for stopping him packeting more money.

I couldn’t make the meeting so I followed it online whilst watching the Copa del Rey semi final.

Colin Garlick came across very much as I suspect he is in real life: a stressed middle manager with little real decision making authority, struggling to justify the increasingly bizarre and autocratic decisions of the business owner.

I keep hearing people praise Garlick for his honesty and integrity. Neither of those are in question but he seems like somebody who has no idea what is going on under his own nose, or someone who has to plead ignorance about what is, for the sake of his own sanity. Everything he said seemed to be with caveats such as ‘as far as I’m aware’, ‘my understanding is’ - you begin to wonder if he stopped coming to work for a few days would anybody notice? I suppose they wouldn’t get through as many tea bags.

Despite his best Mike Lloyd impression, we did manage to glean a few nuggets of information, each damaging to the club’s hierarchy in its own way. But nothing really to ramp up the pressure on Smurthwaite. There was no key take-home message from the meeting. Just the general perception of a club in total disarray from top to bottom.

I couldn’t make the meeting so I followed it online whilst watching the Copa del Rey semi final.

Colin Garlick came across very much as I suspect he is in real life: a stressed middle manager with little real decision making authority, struggling to justify the increasingly bizarre and autocratic decisions of the business owner.

I keep hearing people praise Garlick for his honesty and integrity. Neither of those are in question but he seems like somebody who has no idea what is going on under his own nose, or someone who has to plead ignorance about what is, for the sake of his own sanity. Everything he said seemed to be with caveats such as ‘as far as I’m aware’, ‘my understanding is’ - you begin to wonder if he stopped coming to work for a few days would anybody notice? I suppose they wouldn’t get through as many tea bags.

Despite his best Mike Lloyd impression, we did manage to glean a few nuggets of information, each damaging to the club’s hierarchy in its own way. But nothing really to ramp up the pressure on Smurthwaite. There was no key take-home message from the meeting. Just the general perception of a club in total disarray from top to bottom.

Guys, don’t be fooled by garlick! He knows exactly what’s happening at that club, but to keep his own position tenable has to say the things he does!!

Archived