onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Steve Walters to sue Crewe Alex

fuzzyvalefan

Advert

Good luck Steve, I’m sure all genuine people want to see justice done, could well be a landmark case and open the floodgates.

Crewe’s response is pretty despicable;

"All I've ever wanted was for Crewe to take responsibility for what they've done; the role they played in the abuse of so many children.

"They're blaming me for not coming forward soon enough. They say how much they regret the abuse that took place, yet, in the same breath, deny any responsibility for what happened to me."

It’s difficult to analyse ... the club didn’t abuse him it was an employee... for sure the club should try and right thinks now ... but tbh I don’t thinks it’s a debating topic ..... so difficult to gage how bad it is to be abused !

It’s the worst kind of crime, other than contributing to someone’s death. Children are completely innocent generally and can’t defend themselves.

For me the point that clinched my support for this action was the fact that Mr Bennell was paid £5 per night by the club for each youngster acommodated in his house. Clearly the club encouraged, facilitated and approved these sleep overs. They therefore hold a vicarious liability for subsequent actions by Mr Bennell. Good luck Steve Walters you deserve financial compensation.

For me the point that clinched my support for this action was the fact that Mr Bennell was paid £5 per night by the club for each youngster acommodated in his house. Clearly the club encouraged, facilitated and approved these sleep overs. They therefore hold a vicarious liability for subsequent actions by Mr Bennell. Good luck Steve Walters you deserve financial compensation.

All looks to me like so many people have already said on here - the club is rotten to the core.

Pity they're the ones likely still to be in L2 next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Bennell was also at Man City and Man City have done this to stop legal action taking place, obviously their lawyers did not want to fight this in public and in court knowing there was a good chance of losing. With this in mind can not see how Crewe can say what they are saying and fight in court. Civil law is set mainly on precedent and this has been set by Man City, I also think that ignorance is no form of defence especially in these type of cases. People in charge knew what was going on and turned a blind eye.

Archived