onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Notts County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Feels like they're the ones that might do a job in the conference

I'd be extremely shocked if they all stayed. Brown in particular.

I shudder at the thought of the opening day of next season

Brown would be off I’m sure. I think he could be off anyway even if we stayed up.

The problem players like smith and gibbons have is they are under contract and anyone coming in would have to pay compensation based on their time at the club as they’ve come through the academy. If my maths is correct that’s about 25k a year for their time here, which means they command a big fee.

Advert

The administrator for Paragon would have to call in any debts the company is owed.

Hardy seems to say the club won't be affected but if Notts do owe Paragon £7 million, then that's going to be an issue for them to deal with. I don't know what the timescales would be.

One man's ego, and he has destroyed the oldest football club in the league, a prime example of a businessman messing around with football matters. Rings a bell somehow? As a football fan, I really hope they don't get a points deduction, and hope they get out the hole they are in, just not at our expense.

Would we even stay professional? Is it the case that some national teams are part time?

These days very few if any at National League Premier level are part time, lot of ex league clubs and clubs with big money in there. In fairness it’s generally not looked much weaker than League Two in terms of club size.

That’s what I’ve just asked for! Come on stat man 😉

You will also need to take away all the assists of every other player as by his own admission Pope is solely reliant upon his teammates so without them he’d have no goals. You’d also need to take away penalties as lots didn’t think they counted as proper goals when Rico was banging them in.

What we can say is that he alone cost us two points at Cambridge and against Morecambe.

Sadly he simply doesn’t look fit, it’s as though he’s carrying a couple of caravans.

While you are at it do a comparison for the amount of points Brown has saved us.

Too difficult to do yourself?

Would we even stay professional? Is it the case that some national teams are part time?

When Smurthwaite finds out you can get away with being part time in the National league, he will jump at the opportunity to go part time arguing that the falling fan base dictates cost cutting.

Thats a very good point,players whose contracts are up,loanees who contracts are up or anyone who is uncertain of their future is hardly going to put their necks on the line for a club run by Smurthwaite.

I wouldn't mind betting some are already mapping out their futures and that it will be far away from Vale park.

I think most have been doing that from August and before.

You’d think they’d actually put it in to save their careers long term but they are too thick clearly as the effort and desire like so many suggest clearly isn’t there.

Archived