onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Notts County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Knock his goals off then and see where we would be

That’s what I’ve just asked for! Come on stat man 😉

You will also need to take away all the assists of every other player as by his own admission Pope is solely reliant upon his teammates so without them he’d have no goals. You’d also need to take away penalties as lots didn’t think they counted as proper goals when Rico was banging them in.

What we can say is that he alone cost us two points at Cambridge and against Morecambe.

Sadly he simply doesn’t look fit, it’s as though he’s carrying a couple of caravans.

While you are at it do a comparison for the amount of points Brown has saved us.

Advert

Knock his goals off then and see where we would be

Purely for argument's sake:

9 points may be said to be attributable to Tom Pope's goals this season (of which 3 were via a penalty).

However, to counter, it is not unreasonable to say that he has cost us 6 points with the misses at Cambridge, and the penalty miss against Morecambe. I say this as we have won every league game in which we've taken the lead this season, and he will never get 2 easier chances to score.

So, arguably, we are 3 points worse off than we would have been without Tom Pope's result changing goals. Hardly justifies his inclusion at all costs as appears to be the approach of all Port Vale managers since he's been back, particuarly when his other contributions over the 90 minutes are minimal to say the least, aside from having a pop at his teammates!

Before every remaining game, Askey should post up the list of potential home and away fixtures next season in the Vanarama , with predicted attendances included. Would that sink in though? Maybe not.

I don’t think players are as hungry for the game as they used to be. Twelve cup finals left and the madness is taking over me. UTV

No the players didn’t care under Aspin and no different under Askey. They have zero guts, determination. We should be winning games with this set of players but they don’t care about us at all.

Before every remaining game, Askey should post up the list of potential home and away fixtures next season in the Vanarama , with predicted attendances included. Would that sink in though? Maybe not.

I don’t think players are as hungry for the game as they used to be. Twelve cup finals left and the madness is taking over me. UTV

A better idea would be a list of fixtures and possible attendances in League 1.Might give them a bit more inspiration

I still question whether players who don't know where they will be in the summer,players who wont be here in the summer,players not knowing who the manager will be in the summer and then a manager who doesn't know who he will be managing in the summer have the desire and fight to keep us up...…. welcome to a club rum=n by the Gormless one and people still back him,it amazes me

I still question whether players who don't know where they will be in the summer,players who wont be here in the summer,players not knowing who the manager will be in the summer and then a manager who doesn't know who he will be managing in the summer have the desire and fight to keep us up...…. welcome to a club rum=n by the Gormless one and people still back him,it amazes me

Thats a very good point,players whose contracts are up,loanees who contracts are up or anyone who is uncertain of their future is hardly going to put their necks on the line for a club run by Smurthwaite.

I wouldn't mind betting some are already mapping out their futures and that it will be far away from Vale park.

Anyone know who’s still under contract for next season? I’m assuming Brown, Pope, Gibbons, Smith, Miller, Monty. Any more?

The administrator for Paragon would have to call in any debts the company is owed.

Hardy seems to say the club won't be affected but if Notts do owe Paragon £7 million, then that's going to be an issue for them to deal with. I don't know what the timescales would be.

Archived