onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Notts County v Port Vale

Fosse69

But at the same time it doesn't matter if you look at the form table over the last four, eight, ten or twelve matches, we are bottom of it. We are currently the weakest team in the division. Notts County know the importance of Saturday's game and must think we are there for the taking.

Bar the odd patch of form they have generally been smashed regularly, obviously a reason for that and its a very winnable game. They have improved in central midfield with Doyle and O'Brien but still. Its one where I hope Manny is fit and in the mood for it as although two good players, both are knocking on, especially Doyle so Manny with his energy (if fit) would hopefully find some joy.

Advert

Bar the odd patch of form they have generally been smashed regularly, obviously a reason for that and its a very winnable game. They have improved in central midfield with Doyle and O'Brien but still. Its one where I hope Manny is fit and in the mood for it as although two good players, both are knocking on, especially Doyle so Manny with his energy (if fit) would hopefully find some joy.

Manny looked shot at Cheltenham, i've changed the wording so not censored. Sure you get my drift.

Some horrific passing and way off it.

Either he wasn't as good as many thought or he has been dragged down like Clark has by the rest of the mediocrity.

Wouldn't bank on him to run the show at County

Manny looked shot at Cheltenham, i've changed the wording so not censored. Sure you get my drift.

Either he wasn't as good as many thought or he has been dragged down like Clark has by the rest of the mediocrity.

He was terrible but we know he has quality somewhere in there, these now are the games we need to find those where we give our all for it.

My theory is that (much like Gibbons last year) both Manny and Clark started off well. But they’ve hit a dip in form. Gibbons was taken out of the side for a while this time last year and came back with a strong end to the season. I think Clark needs a break because he’s had a massive dip in form since November. Manny on the other hand had been trying to regain form after missing spells through injury and then dipped in quality. But I think he needs to be fully fit before we take a gamble on him again otherwise we’ll see performances like that at Cheltenham last week.

My theory is that (much like Gibbons last year) both Manny and Clark started off well. But they’ve hit a dip in form. Gibbons was taken out of the side for a while this time last year and came back with a strong end to the season. I think Clark needs a break because he’s had a massive dip in form since November. Manny on the other hand had been trying to regain form after missing spells through injury and then dipped in quality. But I think he needs to be fully fit before we take a gamble on him again otherwise we’ll see performances like that at Cheltenham last week.

But who do we replace him with? God forbid we play Joyce and Kay together again. Even old man Stead is quicker than those two. Conlon hasn't cut it either in his last two appearances and I'd be stunned if one of the on loan youngsters is thrown in the deep end in such a big game. I think it's a case of a half fit Manny is a better option than any alternative we have which is yet another indictment on how bad we currently are.

But who do we replace him with? God forbid we play Joyce and Kay together again. Even old man Stead is quicker than those two. Conlon hasn't cut it either in his last two appearances and I'd be stunned if one of the on loan youngsters is thrown in the deep end in such a big game. I think it's a case of a half fit Manny is a better option than any alternative we have which is yet another indictment on how bad we currently are.

But judging by saturdays performance though a manny who isn’t fully fit isn’t an option. I’d be tempted to go 4-3-3 with Kay, Conlon and Hannnt in there.

Your talking as if Notts County are world beaters! None of the teams in our league are worth a toss. Yes we need to score but don’t build up opposition when it’s clear they are crap.
Exactly my thoughts, the league table doesn't lie, there as bad as us. 50/50 game, probably be a draw, and I'd take a point to maintain the gap.

I’ve been watching Vanarama highlights on YouTube for the last two weeks and quality and attendance wise, it’s dire stuff indeed. Bromley v Port Vale is supposed to be the FA Cup 1st Round at best , with respect to Bromley. Saturday is a huge game and itu worth saying again that we cannot lose this. Even a point would be great. At this point in the season, I’m confused, depressed, and angry all in one.

So what must it be like for the faithful 3,000 or so regulars. The last time I was at Vale Park was when we beat Bury in October. That’s such a long time ago for a home win, and we are going down , unless something magical happens. We’ve seen it before with Newport and Carlisle.

If , and it’s a big if, we win on Saturday , it will be like winning the cup for me.

The reality is that we have no goals in the side, the quality is on a par with what I’ve been watching on YouTube, and the tumbleweeds are starting to blow in , as they say in Texas. A mighty task indeed.

Got to play Pope,he's overdue a goal and goal scorers will produce ,it's not the game to start dropping your top and only goal scorer.

Sorry, I totally disagree, age and fitness catches up on us all and if you believe what others say about him rarely training, it's hardly surprising he looks so unfit. I don't know if it's true, but my son reckons he has scored one league goal since November, can that be right, and if it is, and please don't give me law of averages, that rather suggests, in fact surely dictates he has to be dropped.

We have won once in 15 games and coincidentally who didn't play in that either. If Tom plays Notts C will know exactly what to do to stifle the game and Tom, IMO we must try something different

Before every remaining game, Askey should post up the list of potential home and away fixtures next season in the Vanarama , with predicted attendances included. Would that sink in though? Maybe not.

I don’t think players are as hungry for the game as they used to be. Twelve cup finals left and the madness is taking over me. UTV

Before every remaining game, Askey should post up the list of potential home and away fixtures next season in the Vanarama , with predicted attendances included. Would that sink in though? Maybe not.

I don’t think players are as hungry for the game as they used to be. Twelve cup finals left and the madness is taking over me. UTV

Been with us for some time, mate so we sympathise with you, all those miles away. We can but hope that 2 Clubs are self destructing like us for the remainder of this god awful season.

Archived