onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Notts County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Askey really is on a hiding to nothing, set up as the fall Guy by Smurthwaite,he really is the captain of the Titanic rearranging the deckchairs,using players foisted upon him by one of the worst owners in the country.

Due to the lack of goals in the team,then I can't see us getting anything from Notts.

Advert

Can someone explain why you're all dropping our best defender?

(Smith)

Not really sure what you’re basing ‘best defender on?

Clean sheets?

Win percentage with him in the team?

Would love to see the stats with him in the team.

Even though he might not be obviously playing badly, sometimes a change in personnel brings a change in fortune. All the teams we play against seem to have massive centre-halves that don’t give us a sniff. We need to try the Legge and Howkins partnership asap and prey to the football gods this formula brings us clean sheets. If we don’t try something, there is only one way we are going and games are running out.

I can’t see us winning this at all. We have no goals , no midfield, and with all due respect ,to the players or the manager(s) and it hurts me to say it, this is the worst Vale side I have ever seen. We’re destined for relegation, but I hope someone can quote me in May , saying “ See, I told you we would survive “ I’m not holding out hope, it’s that bad. Depressing times.

Don’t think County have scored that many more than us and haemorrhage goals against so we have to believe we can win it. Currently they are in a far bigger mess than even our predicament.

Got to target their weakness at the back though rather than be too negative and let them off the hook.

I think we lose. Really bad feeling about it.

Welcome to being a Vale fan. We have had years of this feeling. You have to believe they will win, one time the linesman wont put his flag up when Vale score.

If Pope can only get that goal and get the 100 monkey off his back, he may stop trying to hard.

Welcome to being a Vale fan. We have had years of this feeling. You have to believe they will win, one time the linesman wont put his flag up when Vale score.

If Pope can only get that goal and get the 100 monkey off his back, he may stop trying to hard.

I know what being a vale fan is like, thanks.

Askey really is on a hiding to nothing, set up as the fall Guy by Smurthwaite,he really is the captain of the Titanic rearranging the deckchairs,using players foisted upon him by one of the worst owners in the country.

Due to the lack of goals in the team,then I can't see us getting anything from Notts.

Sadly I have to agree. But I have thought this prior to wins at Oldham, Crawley and Yeovil.

You never know, if we score first....If

Pope isn't the problem. The way we use him is the problem. We need to use the wide players and get crosses into him and use our asset of one of the best headers of the ball in the division rather than reverting to hoofball which simply does not work.

Archived