onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Notts County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Jean you were told on Thursday out tyrant chairman has been ill the reason for not going to Hong Kong he must not have recovered for today:ohmy:

He said yesterday he would be flying out to Hong Kong first thing this morning and wouldn't be back for 10 days. If true he will miss the next two home games as well. How convenient.

Advert

Jean you were told on Thursday out tyrant chairman has been ill the reason for not going to Hong Kong he must not have recovered for today:ohmy:

He has had a better offer than the 2.75 million in Hong Kong from Synectics.

He is hoping they improve their offer because we are so desperate to get rid of him.He actually gets enjoyment out of holding the club to ransom and believes all the negative publicity will persuade some mug to cough up more money.

He is evil and I believe in Khama and there is a place in hell waiting for him when he chokes on one of his pies.

Both been excellent today.

Opinions is I guess why we love football so as whilst I thought Hannant put in a great shift for sure, and even allowing for the fact he was up against the worse FB I have seen for many a year, what to me stood out was his quality or lack of it which in my eyes was as bad as his control, and I am sorry to me, yet again Pope showed why he should be rested. He's rightly bemoaned the lack of service this season, but he can't use that excuse today as at times the service from Worral was perfect, yet still he never looked like scoring.

That said overall, I thought we were much better today and did everything but score, but as others have said when all the players most likely to change this quite dismal stat were all sitting on the bench was that really surprising?

Don't know what poor old Whitfield must have done to be put on the bench, Miller probably the only player we have up top who can produce something different, which was exactly what we needed today didn't get a look in again, and particularly with Hannant tiring badly (after a great shift) Monty should have been on after about 60/65 minutes, yet only one got on and that with ten minutes to go. Personally don't get this we were doing okay so we don't need to change anything....in my mind yes we did, as yet again we weren't doing okay in front of goal and today of all days that's where it mattered most.

But plenty of pluses for a change with the only real minus being for the umpteenth time we couldn't beat a team at the bottom of the league, and in fairness, by far the worse team in the league and despite our chances and extra possession on reflection never really looked like doing so.

Personally couldn't choose between, of all people Joyce, Worrall and Conlon for man of the match.

He said yesterday he would be flying out to Hong Kong first thing this morning and wouldn't be back for 10 days. If true he will miss the next two home games as well. How convenient.

More like his villa:throb::throb:

Pope and Hannant have both been complete garbage for months. Both need dropping and we might have a chance of scoring a goal

I thought Hannant played well today, but i do agree, he should of made a sub well before the 80th odd minute. my concern we keep creating chances, but still 1 goal under Askey, even though we probably could of scored 7 or 8 in the 5 games. Fans like yourself kept crying out for Aspin to be sacked, fair do's, but like me and others kept saying, Aspin would be the best we could get. like it or not. Personally, i was disappointed we didn't beat a **** poor side today, just like i was against Morecambe, but that's football. Will we go down? Who knows, but after seen Morecambe and County, regardless of the results against us, it does give me hope we will finish above those 2 teams.

I thought Hannant played well today, but i do agree, he should of made a sub well before the 80th odd minute. my concern we keep creating chances, but still 1 goal under Askey, even though we probably could of scored 7 or 8 in the 5 games. Fans like yourself kept crying out for Aspin to be sacked, fair do's, but like me and others kept saying, Aspin would be the best we could get. like it or not. Personally, i was disappointed we didn't beat a **** poor side today, just like i was against Morecambe, but that's football. Will we go down? Who knows, but after seen Morecambe and County, regardless of the results against us, it does give me hope we will finish above those 2 teams.

The problem is we've collected 3 points from the 4 games against those 2 teams which is worrying.

The problem is we've collected 3 points from the 4 games against those 2 teams which is worrying.

We've outplayed County twice and Morecambe were desperately lucky to win at out place with a flukey goal. Both teams are pants - are slightly less pants?? Yeovil wer total pants against us as well.

Keeper pulls a worldie off Conlons free kick.

Legge gets a certain headed goal blocked.

Manny has one trickle the wrong side of the post.

Pope misses a header from 8 yards, just past the post.

Manny drags one wide

Goal disallowed.

Worrall forces the keeper tip one over from 20 yards.

It just didn’t drop for us today. We’re due a bit of luck soon. Carry on like that for the rest of the season and we will be fine. The goals will come.

I have to ask the question.... did WE play better or did we just seem to play better because they were worse than us?

Would we have played better if we were playing a mid or top table team... would we have kept a clean sheet....

Not scoring against the bottom team with a -32 goal difference is pretty depressing..... and "at least we didn't lose" doesn't change the mood much.

I can't believe what I am reading. We may have turned a corner? It was a great point? What???? To me, that cemented our relegation. How many clear cut chances did we create where you can say "We should have scored"? 1? 2? We couldn't score against the worst team in the football league, Askey drops the only guy who has scored in ten years. Askey needs to do one, he is out of his depth. We are down, there are no two ways about about.

I can't believe what I am reading. We may have turned a corner? It was a great point? What???? To me, that cemented our relegation. How many clear cut chances did we create where you can say "We should have scored"? 1? 2? We couldn't score against the worst team in the football league, Askey drops the only guy who has scored in ten years. Askey needs to do one, he is out of his depth. We are down, there are no two ways about about.

Hold on now, we’re not relegated yet. It’s only a point but it could be a vital one. When you’re at the bottom , nothing seems to go right , and we missed some great opportunities to score today. I still think we have a good chance of being relegated , but I’ll get back to you in May about that. I believe that if the club had been sold on Friday, Vale would have won 4-0. A huge weight would have been lifted. Askey is doing his level best to try to steady the ship, and it’s not easy . Good luck to him and the players for the remainder of the season.

SMURTHWAITE OUT

Archived