Bede

A Brief Encounter with Norman Smurthwaite

Yes. The protests are very damaging. You think Norman is damaging the club but the protests are too.

How are the protests damaging the club and please don't say its cost half a million in ground sponsorship considering there hadn't been any when this happened?

How are the protests damaging the club and please don't say its cost half a million in ground sponsorship considering there hadn't been any when this happened?

Mate, it’s a troll, every time you answer a post he wins... he is sat somewhere now laughing his head off that he is sparking another thread off on ovf.

He is saying stupid stuff on purpose to get arise out of people.

Just ignore.

It's creating a lot of negativity around the club and the Manager and the players must sense this negativity.

How long until the protests turn towards Askey? He's been in charge for 3 games and lost 3 games.

If we were flying high in the league now these protests wouldn't be happening.

Mate, it’s a troll, every time you answer a post he wins... he is sat somewhere now laughing his head off that he is sparking another thread off on ovf.

He is saying stupid stuff on purpose to get arise out of people.

Just ignore.

Don't be daft. Because you wind me up with your posts does that make you a WUM?

If we were flying high in the league now these protests wouldn't be happening.

No **** Sherlock.

The protests are happening because the manner in which the owner has run the club has left us teetering on the edge of losing our football league status.

What did Porter say that supposedly cost the club 500k ? does anyone know?

Nothing.

Smurthwaite, very much like yourself this time last week, was trying to make this personal about Mark.

A vote (from which Mark Porter abstained) was taken at the last SC meeting. Smurthwaite held Mark responsible for the fact that a protest was being organized and (according to him) had caused a sponsorship deal to collapse even though it hadn't happened.

Edited by Santa

That's an amazing figure to quote for sponsorship of a stadium like Vale Park.

This article gave estimations of potential sponsorship of Premier League stadiums last season claiming some smaller cubs (like Watford, Huddersfield, Bournemouth can/could only generate sponsorship of less than 1m for their stadiums):

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/919865/Stadium-naming-rights-estimate-Premier-League-ranked-sportgalleries

Here's one about Peterborough signing a five-year deal with Abax for 100k per season:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/posh-sell-their-stadium-naming-rights-for-500k-1-6439370

Here's one where Hamilton Accies signed a deal with a Cannabis Oil company for a 'five figure sum':

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hamilton-accies-agree-stadium-sponsorship-12990796

Either Norman Smurhtwaite is adding zeros to financial numbers (again) or he is talking about a multi-year deal which actually translates to a large 5-figure or small 6-figure sum per season. Not to be sniffed at, but a drop in the ocean compared to let's say, a 1.9m sell on fee for Jordan Hugill.

"Mark Porter's comments caused potential stadium sponsors to walk away, thus losing the club £500,000 of sponsorship"

That is a bit worrying.

Yes, and the moon is made of cheese!

I made nothing personal, I said I didn't agree with protests prior to games and I felt he should have resisted that option . That's a personal opinion of mine that you don't have to agree with .

I made nothing personal, I said I didn't agree with protests prior to games and I felt he should have resisted that option . That's a personal opinion of mine that you don't have to agree with .

You called him "shameful" and "a balloon". You suggested there should be a vote of no confidence in him at the next SC meeting.

At the last meeting a motion was proposed from the floor and carried unanimously. Mark himself abstained.

This isn't about him.