onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A Brief Encounter with Norman Smurthwaite

Bede

Dear Admin,

I’m fed up of being told not to hate. This is by a person who finds numerous players and managers despicable, his word not mine. He doesn’t “hate” the person who has appointed the managers though but he does seem to hate the managers and players but adds a smile or a wink.

I’m fed up of the majority of us being patronised by this rubbish.

I would ask this person or the administrators to address the situation and treat us like the fellow fans we are and tell this person to shut up and stop patronising us.

Advert

Dear Admin,

I’m fed up of being told not to hate. This is by a person who finds numerous players and managers despicable, his word not mine. He doesn’t “hate” the person who has appointed the managers though but he does seem to hate the managers and players but adds a smile or a wink.

I’m fed up of the majority of us being patronised by this rubbish.

I would ask this person or the administrators to address the situation and treat us like the fellow fans we are and tell this person to shut up and stop patronising us.

Use the ignore button

True! I like a Martin though' date=' did my work experience with him many years ago when he was at Smith Davis and then did bucket collections with him and his daughters during the last admin. All of that makes him a good journo 😂[/quote']

Perhaps piers Morgan should do bucket collections

The last line is key:

"He loves the prestige of being 1 of the 72 owners of a football club."

If it is believed that his main income is through non-football related activities at Vale Park then all he needs is a club in the League. He probably also gets to go on some league chairman jollies as well. If quoted correctly its interesting he doesn't consider the 1000s of owners of outside of the EFL and Premiership. Definitely a status symbol. He has no interest in football.

What would hamper NS:

Protests - nobody wants their customers to come face to face with a protest. Bit of a turn off if your guests have to fight their way through a load of banners etc..

Relegation - a club out of the league will be less of a draw which will curtail income.

So what does NS do?

Says he wants to chat with B&G, announce he wants to make VP a Community Asset. But he's still far too stubborn to actively invest in the team beyond survival.

The last thing NS wants to do is spend any money. He clearly has no actual interest in the football or you or me.

Bad as it is, relegation might be a positive thing.

The last line is key:

If it is believed that his main income is through non-football related activities at Vale Park then all he needs is a club in the League. He probably also gets to go on some league chairman jollies as well. If quoted correctly its interesting he doesn't consider the 1000s of owners of outside of the EFL and Premiership. Definitely a status symbol. He has no interest in football.

What would hamper NS:

Protests - nobody wants their customers to come face to face with a protest. Bit of a turn off if your guests have to fight their way through a load of banners etc..

Relegation - a club out of the league will be less of a draw which will curtail income.

So what does NS do?

Says he wants to chat with B&G, announce he wants to make VP a Community Asset. But he's still far too stubborn to actively invest in the team beyond survival.

The last thing NS wants to do is spend any money. He clearly has no actual interest in the football or you or me.

I made a reference to this recently. The conference and events side of PVFC seems to be doing very nicely indeed.

He really is an absolute **** isn't he?

The last line is key:

What would hamper NS:

So what does NS do?

This is what I don't get about the situation

1. If he loves being one of the 72 why not ensure we stay in the club? If we go down he is out of the club and his so called asset is de-valued. Not a shrewd business move from a man who prides himself on his business reputation

2. Why talk about making VP a community asset - doing this stops as I believe any re-development of the ground OR is it just when the club is solvent. Again does not make sense as it is technically de-valuing the club in the event of a possible sale. Again not a shrewd business move.

3. Why upset your customers so much by saying what you say, even if you think it a shrewd business man keeps his mouth shut. We employ Colin Garlick to communicate with the fans, take a step back let the hired hand take the flack, by the way what does Colin actually do?

4. If you have £130 million or even a lot less with all this going on why take the hassle, sell up at a reduced cost, sit back and privately hope someone else right royally screws it up.

I just cant work the whole situation out but I like to think I am level headed and rational, maybe our owner is not and that is where we are all going wrong.

Only time will tell but we do n ot have that much time.

@sheffieldclayhead

Quite agree. It doesn't make a lot of sense. I think a lot of it is poor basic business acumen crossed with his own stubborn pride. Even if you don't like football and probably don't know how to run a club you know you need to invest to get more money and put people in the right spots to do that for you.

Archived