onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Norman Mysteries

Bede

Advert

It raises the question of who the 'fit and proper' checks were carried out on? My guess is Paul Wildes. So Smurthwaite used him to slither into the Club like the big slug that he is!

It would have been all four directors at the time of the takeover: Wildes, Smurthwaite, Anderson and Aspinall.

I don't see any suggestions of wrongdoing but nonetheless a very good primer article which, if people feel inclined to go and have a look at Companies House, could potentially probably lead to a number of supplementary questions being asked.

Has anybody contacted Paul Wildes to see if he would be willing to give any information we might found helpful?

I wouldn't mind betting he signed an NDA.

Aren't contracts (like an NDA) that effectively break the law or cover up lawbreaking unlawful? This is what's being mooted in the cases of women who were sexually assaulted by powerful company figures and who signed an NDA (plus having received

£££) to shut them up. Any legal eagle on here care to comment?

I doubt any NDA can counter law breaking activities. You can't "legally" contract someone to not report a crime. That is likely to make you an accessory.

The whistleblower has to be 100% certain of the crime though, otherwise it will be their reputation/career etc that will be on the skids.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if someone did ignore the NDA, report a crime and then get sued by the convicted criminal!

Wildes was never fit to run a club other than to over spend someone else’s money.

Whereas Smurthwaite just doesn't spend money full stop. There has to be a middle ground between being profligate and miserly and I'm thinking Wildes was closer to it than Norman.

Wildes had loads of great ideas for a premier league club' date=' it’s very easy to spend someone else’s money, give me a £1,000 of yours and I will show you [/quote']

Not for a Prem club, but for any club that wants to progress. We've seen what the alternative brings REP, so just take your head out of Smurthwaite's arse for a minute and think about that.

Not for a Prem club, but for any club that wants to progress. We've seen what the alternative brings REP, so just take your head out of Smurthwaite's arse for a minute and think about that.

I would agree with that. I think in 20-odd years that brief period around 2013 was the only time when the club appeared to have things like a marketing plan, a clear identity for the club, a long-term plan and so on...

It produced an Academy which (albeit indirectly) has produced the only really big transfer funds (Hugill) into the club in decades.

You can argue about how the money was sourced to do all the above but I felt the plans were really welcome and could have taken the club forward.

I would agree with that. I think in 20-odd years that brief period around 2013 was the only time when the club appeared to have things like a marketing plan, a clear identity for the club, a long-term plan and so on...

It produced an Academy which (albeit indirectly) has produced the only really big transfer funds (Hugill) into the club in decades.

You can argue about how the money was sourced to do all the above but I felt the plans were really welcome and could have taken the club forward.

Thanks Rob; now you just have to convince Howjy.

The development squad was a great idea Rob, never any doubting that especially when you see Hughil coming from it. A number of other initiatives Wildes introduced were far too ambitious for a fan base and a club our size at that time, the ticketing fiasco for one.

There's a lot of mystery surrounding Smurthwaite, not only the story with the Port Vale accounts but he claims to be worth 130m quid. If so how did he make this money, is there any record of him ever being an owner of a significant, large profitable business or having sold such a business to accumulate such wealth.

Go on line & put his name in & you will see where he got his cash from & where he invested the cash,

we wont know the full story about what happened between him & Paul Wildes but it wont surprise me if letting vale drop out of the football league had a lot to do with it, I found out about the land 2 seasons ago that's why I wont give smurf any more of my cash, but we need proof which is harder to get.

The Development squad was a great idea and we got Hugill, Andoh came through it didn't he who in my view would of been another big sale had he not done his ACL at Colchester and was the kind of place we could look at the likes of Campion, a couple of lads went on to do ok for themselves after leaving too in Gary O Neil who I think went to the Irish Premier League and Cheye Alexander went to Aldershot and did well, now at Barnet.

In essence that should of been used to look at the likes of Amoros, De Freitas etc rather than have them as our first team!

What ever happened to Paul Wildes in the end?

Even if they are audited I believe that they only do random samples, so it wouldn't be beyond all reasonable doubt for auditors to miss something I would think? I'm not an expert though.

The vale accounts are definitely not audited though as mentioned above. "Unaudited financial statements"

Either way,it does make for bad reading and something really doesn't sit well with me at all,its even making those on FB etc who have stuck up for him to think twice.

IF we can get through the season it might be worth starting next season with a 12 point deduction as long as the incompetent arrogant ****** has gone and we are under forward thinking new owners.

Norman I know you don't give a **** about us supporters who love the club but please just **** off now,there are very few people around who want you anywhere near OUR club

Archived