onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Norman Mysteries

Bede

You will have to ask Family Stand Terrier, he is the SDL! 😉

To be honest it’s all content we know, there doesn’t appear to be anything ground breaking unless I’ve missed something? My biggest gripe with the owner has long since been his appalling choice of 5 inexperienced managers as highlighted many, many times.

I’m interested to find out if comments attributed to him on Tuesday night are indeed true and if they are as to whether they were said out of frustration to people badgering him and annoying him or whether he meant them, this needs clear and immediate clarification.

We may have all the information but I haven't seen it in one place before, compiled and presented in such a coherent and understandable manner. It has a bigger impact than snippets scattered across a forum.

If he said it, whatever it was, he said it..... whether it was frustration, he meant it or not, he was annoyed is immaterial... if he can't control what comes out of his mouth he shouldn't open it.... verbally or on social media.

I think one of the things he has got wrong is that although he owns the property legally, emotionally he owns nothing. The heart and soul of PVFC is the supporters, they are the people invested with it's spirit.... without them he has very little, other than title to the property.

Port Vale could leave Vale Park and Burslem, perhaps even should, at any time, which would leave him with what he owns legally but no cash flow. A chunk of brown landfill with very poor access, no attraction for events and a restriction on it's use. Thousands of plastic sheats, 20 odd players under contract, some would say valueless, loads of scrap and crap plus staff and tons of concrete... and a debt of millions, he says.

Advert

There's a lot of mystery surrounding Smurthwaite, not only the story with the Port Vale accounts but he claims to be worth 130m quid. If so how did he make this money, is there any record of him ever being an owner of a significant, large profitable business or having sold such a business to accumulate such wealth.

That seems a lot more than his original estimate of his worth.

Has he had director loans to account for the increase?

Is that cash at the bank or a self driven portfolio estimate?

Bede and Co,

Just on my break from chief cook and bottle washing duties and the first thing I spot is the B&G articles re. Mr Smurthwaite.

Until now OVF posters have been searching for the best solution to take it up the Norman but somehow have been unable to establish a single leadership role.

It's getting weary fighting in 'the trenches' again so soon after V2001, but now, along with the Valiant faithful, I believe we have a sense of purpose and true hope under B&G leadership. :smile:

I guess the fit n proper test is only good for the day it's issued, I dont think for a minute the efl carry out spot checks on owners/directors on a regular basis or Blackpool wouldn't have struggled for so long......Mores the pity.
It raises the question of who the 'fit and proper' checks were carried out on? My guess is Paul Wildes. So Smurthwaite used him to slither into the Club like the big slug that he is!

Imo we ought to do what Charlton did with the ground, making it a community asset. That would make it virtually impossible to have the land left for him to sell for housing, thus stripping him of possibly one of his main reasons for staying.

We need to start playing dirty, no more pussy footing around.

Would be good if it could be done.

Its a great read. Money laundering through the club???

I don't think there is any suggestion of that in the article. We must be careful not to make allegations like this which may get Rob into trouble. Just seeing all of this in one place does make you think though.

It raises the question of who the 'fit and proper' checks were carried out on? My guess is Paul Wildes. So Smurthwaite used him to slither into the Club like the big slug that he is!

Well, don't forget that Charles Manson probably would have passed the fit and proper person's test. You don't actually have to be a fit or proper person to pass the test.

Archived