onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Protest Tonight

butt lane vale fan

Advert

It's also being said on twitter tonight that Smurthwaite was behind all the deadline signings.......According to John Rudge

smurthwaite is also picking the team !

That's why Legge is sat on the bench

he is one of the most experienced centre backs in the league,

he played decent in most games this season

SMURTHWAITE leaves him on the bench TO SAVE HIMSELF MONEY

It is disgusting !!

Why no protest last night? Have to keep the momentum going.

I agree. However it's enlightening when you discuss the sorry state of affairs we are in, with fellow Valiants over a pint pre-match and indeed at the game, to find that the protests are being ridiculed and questioned by long standing and die hard fans. I respect each has his/her own opinions but when I'm told that the protests are futile, too late and will not oust Gorm, it makes me wonder why we bother?

The apathy that envelops the Vale is holding back many fans real thoughts of what one man is doing to our Club. No one offers an alternative, other than to say what will be will be. For Christ's sake get a grip Valiants. We are very soon going to be out of the League with a man who cares diddley squat about us but MUST be raking in money somewhere out of the funds.

If people want to sit quietly and allow us to drop into oblivion then that is their prerogative, but one day they will need to look in the mirror and suddenly realise that we are no longer a Football League Club.

It would have taken very, very little imagination or indeed funds to organise the Vale's stay in Division 2. But for the past few years we have sat meekly by whilst one individual's long term plan of running us into the chasm has been masterminded before our very eyes.

No one can convince me Gorm is good for Vale. In any other line of business he would have been hounded out by now by losing rapidly the very people he relies upon to maintain his business. Why are we allowing him to get away scot free? OK, it may be too late to save us this season but look beyond that, if you can and honestly ask yourselves the question do you want any part of Gorm's Club?

Democracy rules, so we have to show him that the increasing numbers of fans leaving the Club and becoming so downhearted over his leadership, now want action that will see the back of him for good.

Seems to me the protests are just making him "dig in" and will be a battle to the bitter end of the club. The whole thing seems very very bleak for us.

It is a tough situation this seems far more serious than the V2001 situation, we can't just sit back and watch it die but on the flip side doing anything seems to be pushing it closer to oblivion... Feels very low at the moment as a Valiant on and off the field.

Totally agree mate. It's heartbreaking, got home last night and felt like crying

I had a good chat with some other guys waiting for the protest and that cleared my head abit.

But then the atmosphere in the ground was very edgy. The players try but simply aren't good enough, no matter what anyone says. Obviously as its been gone over a million times the managers aren't helping what so ever. We look slightly better with Askey and are literally getting no run of the green.

It's not acceptable to constantly berate the players if they simply aren't good enough, that's not their fault but the fault of the managers who brought them in expecting more from them.

The blame ultimately lies with Gorm, but also with Aspo and Brown.

Like everyone here I hope we can survive. He just needs to start with the strongest attacking team no matter what. Times running out.

Seems to me the protests are just making him "dig in" and will be a battle to the bitter end of the club. The whole thing seems very very bleak for us.

It is a tough situation this seems far more serious than the V2001 situation, we can't just sit back and watch it die but on the flip side doing anything seems to be pushing it closer to oblivion... Feels very low at the moment as a Valiant on and off the field.

It's a totally different scenario than V2001 but just as serious.... no shareholders, buying in, share sales etc etc... it needs a different approach and perspective.

I can't see any scenario where fans just say go away and he obliges quietly.

Whatever is done will pose a threat to Vale probably the same threat if nothing is done.

Marches and protests at Vale are an irritant, at away grounds an embarrassment to Smurf but they won't shift him alone..... hit him where it hurts most.

Protest when there is a function? Don't give him any money? Protect the ground from other uses? As many fronts as you can as often as you can... the dangers are obvious but you are prepared for the war or don't engage..... chances are the outcome will be the same.

Keep turning up to "support the lads" (actually supporting Smurf financially) and we go down the pan.

Fight and we go down the pan.

It's a totally different scenario than V2001 but just as serious.... no shareholders, buying in, share sales etc etc... it needs a different approach and perspective.

Whatever is done will pose a threat to Vale probably the same threat if nothing is done.

Marches and protests at Vale are an irritant, at away grounds an embarrassment to Smurf but they won't shift him alone..... hit him where it hurts most.

Protest when there is a function? Don't give him any money? Protect the ground from other uses? As many fronts as you can as often as you can... the dangers are obvious but you are prepared for the war or don't engage..... chances are the outcome will be the same.

Keep turning up to "support the lads" (actually supporting Smurf financially) and we go down the pan.

Pity there is not a Football League rule on mis-management of a football club. But how would it be defined and monitored? I know the German League is not perfect, but most are limited to 49% ownership by one person, which would avoid our situation if it excludes relatives.

Catch 22? My lifelong love and support for Port Vale FC actually dictates to me that I have to protest against Gorm, even if he is laughing at us. To do nothing is not an option.

As you say geo the end result with the dictator in charge will not be changed, short term. However we have to consider the long term for Port Vale FC and absolutely, no matter what guise we are in then, we MUST NOT HAVE GORM HERE.

Well one thing if we are relegated I will be £300 better off next season.I find it strange not looking forward to attending but last night as soon as the team was announced I felt like going home.Is Askey another of Norman’s lap dogs not playing Legge (what happens if he comes on as sub is the clause activated?)The second half was better after the substitutions but another Aspin like team selection to stop us conceding.They had obviously done their homework and put two players on Pope but we didn’t bother to do the same with Norwood.

Askey seems to be no different than Aspin by putting players on the naughty step if they disagree with him.

Howkins was a good player last season but can’t get in the squad yet Rawlinson plays every week.He claims it is match fitness but can’t see it makes any difference if Rawlinson is supposedly match fit but makes mistakes every week.

Howkins is a good player but Askey wouldn't be the first or last manager to not rate a half decent player or inexplicably leave him out at the expense of others.

It shows the utter ****ing stupidity of not having a manager sign his own players.

Archived