The Myth that is Tom Pope

philmpv

It's daft Mole using his fifth or sixth account on here. I wouldn't pay attention.

About time this idiot got named and shamed.

Aaron something isn’t it?

Calls himself a Vale fan. Needs help mentally.

Advert:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do feel sorry for Tom Pope, not sure why hes a scapegoat.

He’s not been made a scapegoat for anything. We’ve looked a better side with miller up top than pope. That’s not making him a scapegoat.

He’s not been made a scapegoat for anything. We’ve looked a better side with miller up top than pope. That’s not making him a scapegoat.
Think also its helped having legge worrall back in, at notts cty pope had a good game ,,presume he wants support rather than not, he isnt without some critiscm but no way is he responsible for where we are as we would be much higher up had he had the service

Funny how this thread has disappeared after Miller's abysmal showing yesterday, like the week before.

Had Pope played as badly then we'd have had the usual suspects on here moaning about Pope and how terrible he is. So let's have some perspective. Miller was awful and should have been subbed after half time. He can't trap a ball or hold it up and keeps falling over.

Let's hope that talisman Tom Pope is fit for next week because we need him. All teams at our level have a target man who can battle for possession, win some headers and move us up the pitch. Miler can contribute off the bench.:wink:

I thought yesterdays game epitomised our need for Pope, I'm sure had Tom been playing yesterday we would have made more of our superiority in the first half.

I'm not saying that Tom is the be-all and end-all, but he is another option which should be utilised to it's best ability.

Tom being missing has forced us to approach games differently but that doesn't mean we just abandon a target man. We are now playing further up field and getting crosses in......exactly at the time when we are playing to Pope's strengths he's not available however when he is fit then he must be considered.

Ricky has done well in Tom's absence but is clearly not the same type of player and we need horses for courses especially as we are not out of the woods mathematically yet.

I still think they could play off one another given a decent run especially now we are being more adventurous.

Advert:

Archived