onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Planning for divorce.

smithie

Think you are spot on with your view of what could happen to the Vale l think this has been is plan all the time. He doesn't care what happens to the football club he only cares about the ground as an asset it would easily get planning permission for a mixed use business and housing development l should know l used to be a town planner wouldn't be surprised if he has not discussed it with the Council already.

Advert

I want Smurthwaite gone as much as the next man, and will be at all of the protests, but I can’t stop going the Vale so will most probably get a st next season even if we’re in the National league.

I signed up to SEO the last time and was actually crying when I did it, can’t do it again.

Reading the comments on this thread made me think back to when i decided i could no longer be put through the hassle of watching the Vale regularly .

It was after the last game of last season at home ,id worked me socks off at night at work and had me usual crap sleep in readiness for the curtain coming down on the season and all i saw was nothing and i thought hang on sec i payed for 23 home games (a season ticket )i enjoyed 5 games max, the rest my spirit and love of Vale was tested to the extreme as what was on offer was nothing short of dreadful.

Then i thought back to when Adams had Vale playing superbly with Dodds Pope Morsy and Shuker starring and delighting the club when we had no owner and the players were doing it for love of the game and not money as i dont believe they were getting paid before the chairman and the marketing magician took over .

In general its been all downhill since i didnt enjoy the football under page ,and apart from the odd fine performance on very few occassions i havent enjoyed it under anyone else either .

With me been a reactive person its not good for my heart watching Vale ,because i shout that much it makes me ill and takes me hours recover after a game so i decided come away from it and have only been 2 games this season and ive seen nothing to suggest im missing anything .

Hopefully a brighter future for Vale and a new owner with ambition to build a new smaller stadium .

And a team who are deserving of been Port Vales ambassadors .

I decided during/after the Colchester match that Vale were doomed. Regardless who was manager. The anti-Aspin feeling was just stupid. He wasn't the problem and changing the manager would make no difference. More so at the end of the transfer window. The timing was impeccable. Bring a new manager in with no funds and no time to actually do anything in the transfer market anyway.

I will not be spending another penny with Vale until he is gone. I did this with V2001 and I will do this again now. Shares or no shares.

After well over 40 years watching the Vale, I'll not be renewing my season ticket next season if this loathsome character is still chairman. That's my stance, regardless of how the season pans out.

I've seen and heard enough from this deranged creature to know that the future with him at the helm will be tragic to witness and quite frankly it's not something l want to watch (far less still to pay for the privilege).

Quite how Saturdays would be without either being at the games or fiddling with a radio or asking people to check the score for me, heaven knows. Many people speak of "not going any more and not missing it" and maybe that's how it feels after a few weeks.

In a way l suppose I'm trying to stop caring now so that come May, when I'd normally be taking my £300 to the ticket office I won't be inclined to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I know I'm just one of the Vale tribe and I don't suppose for a second that Norman Smurthwaite knows of or cares about my decision. I don't doubt either there'll be some who say "See ya, you won't be missed".

I don't think I'm even torn on the matter, If the unthinkable happened l couldn't bear to see it, and if he's still here then he's definitely not seeing my money. His recent "tweet" saying "I not bothered about season ticket sales" (sic) means presumably he won't miss my cash.

Anybody else feel this way?

Me too Smithie, I love the club but Smurthwaite is killing my desire.

I did it last season. I'm sick of Smurthwaite.

I had a season ticket for 16 years and what happened when I didn't renew? Nothing. No letter. No email. No phonecall. No care that I'd stopped going. He doesn't care about the fans.

I'm not giving him another penny to waste and tell lies about.

**** you Smurthwaite you utter ****.

Archived