onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Planning for divorce.

smithie

I don’t go as much now as I’ve two young kids and with travel it’s six hours plus for a home game away from them and 45-50 quid a time but I go once or twice a month to games.

Il still go next year if we go down, guess will be a novelty of some new grounds but it’s the last thing I want, my issue is and I protested yesterday that I don’t think he will go and if he does I think he will kill the club first possibly administration and thus the National League refusing us next season or something like that.

I don’t think he will try and stabilise the situation either, he seems to have lost all care for the club now and doesn’t seem bothered about the 1000s of people who he is hurting doing it. I mean it means so much to many people and has been part of their lives for x amount of years why would you do that?

What I will say the last two years have been torture, I used to love matchdays and the optimism yet literally now dread game days, say we play on a Saturday I’m starting to dread it from the Thursday... I was chuffed Tranmere got postponed as wouldn’t have to face the Vale ruining the weekend...

That’s how it’s become to me and that really is stark. I bloody love the Vale yet I don’t even want the match days and can’t wait for the summer again like last season to have 12 weeks or so off from it.

That’s Norman Smurthwaites Port Vale

Advert

Not renewing with smurf at the elm, will pick the games I want to attend, when we went 1-0 down yesterday a nail was planted in the coffin, the worry was there to see on peoples faces around me, how I felt yesterday was just a warm up for our final home game against Macclesfield by which time I feel I will be shedding a tear to the love I have been married to for 53 years , I believe we will be relegated on or before the Mac game , hope I’m wrong , my heart is hurting

Very OTT all this I'm divorcing Vale etc. It ruins my weekend everytime we lose but I'll always keep going just as I always have.

For you to say that it's OTT suggests that you really don't understand the emotional ties that fans have with their football clubs. Supporting a football club isn't just a hobby to some it's a way of life and the fact that the club is being run by an idiot who has no understanding of this is what is making us question this.

As I've mentioned above I'm not renewing, it's something that I've considered over the last couple of years, it's a decision that I've not taken lightly but in the long run it's probably for the best. If Smurthwaite did sell up then I'd be back in a without a second thought.

I didn’t renew after league 1 relegation. Mainly because of NS and the fact it wasn’t a fun place to be.

Been to VP once since & 1 away. Not missed it all.

Our ongoing demise is easier to watch from afar. I won’t return until NS is consigned to the history books.

After yesterday's game for the first time I felt a real sense the Vale could go out of the EFL, it "feels" we're in a worse position than last season.

Football has always been a part of my life and I've been going and supporting the Vale for ca 58 years, I don't have a season ticket but have iFollow and plan my trips to the UK to take in as many games as possible. If Vale go into the National Lge I will continue to support the Vale and listen to Radio Stoke and/or watch on iFollow if they are available.

Although I hold Smurthwaite responsible for the current predicament, I would never let him or any manager sway my interest/attachment to PVFC, not a chance. I have plenty of other things to do on a Saturday but I choose Port Vale.

I have everything crossed in the hope that Askey and the players can somehow come up with enough points to bring safety.

After yesterday's game for the first time I felt a real sense the Vale could go out of the EFL, it "feels" we're in a worse position than last season.

Football has always been a part of my life and I've been going and supporting the Vale for ca 58 years, I don't have a season ticket but have iFollow and plan my trips to the UK to take in as many games as possible. If Vale go into the National Lge I will continue to support the Vale and listen to Radio Stoke and/or watch on iFollow if they are available.

Although I hold Smurthwaite responsible for the current predicament, I would never let him or any manager sway my interest/attachment to PVFC, not a chance. I have plenty of other things to do on a Saturday but I choose Port Vale.

I have everything crossed in the hope that Askey and the players can somehow come up with enough points to bring safety.

I respect you views,I would dare say if you did attend the mausoleum that is Vale Park you would have a different take on matters.

I respect you views,I would dare say if you did attend the mausoleum that is Vale Park you would have a different take on matters.

Mario, I will be attending quite soon and whatever happens will never change my attitude, never.

The football was dire in the 60's/70's, crowds in the low 2000's and no atmosphere whatsoever but I still have the bug!!

No more of my money for Norman Smurthwaite from now on. The ST won't be renewed until he's gone and if that means I stop going then so be it.

I feel at least 50% of season ticket holders are thinking that way, but in the words of that loathsome creature "I not bothered about season ticket sales".

Archived