onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Planning for divorce.

smithie

After well over 40 years watching the Vale, I'll not be renewing my season ticket next season if this loathsome character is still chairman. That's my stance, regardless of how the season pans out.

I've seen and heard enough from this deranged creature to know that the future with him at the helm will be tragic to witness and quite frankly it's not something l want to watch (far less still to pay for the privilege).

Quite how Saturdays would be without either being at the games or fiddling with a radio or asking people to check the score for me, heaven knows. Many people speak of "not going any more and not missing it" and maybe that's how it feels after a few weeks.

In a way l suppose I'm trying to stop caring now so that come May, when I'd normally be taking my £300 to the ticket office I won't be inclined to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I know I'm just one of the Vale tribe and I don't suppose for a second that Norman Smurthwaite knows of or cares about my decision. I don't doubt either there'll be some who say "See ya, you won't be missed".

I don't think I'm even torn on the matter, If the unthinkable happened l couldn't bear to see it, and if he's still here then he's definitely not seeing my money. His recent "tweet" saying "I not bothered about season ticket sales" (sic) means presumably he won't miss my cash.

Anybody else feel this way?

Advert

Feel exactly that way.

I'm already in the ' time apart' stage prior to the final divorce.

Went for the first time in 6 weeks yesterday because I expected a win and new impetus.

I get totally that we were very unlucky, however the team news at 2-00pm was a gut wrenching kick in the goolies to me.

Pretty much nothing has really changed and until the clown of an owner carts off and gives us our club back I will just pick and choose what games I bother , if at all.

47 years support and this is now a chore rather than entertainment.

I just don't enjoy the whole Vale experience.

Smurthwaite is a shameless individual, however this awful bunch of players need to take a long look in the mirror too

After well over 40 years watching the Vale, I'll not be renewing my season ticket next season if this loathsome character is still chairman. That's my stance, regardless of how the season pans out.

I've seen and heard enough from this deranged creature to know that the future with him at the helm will be tragic to witness and quite frankly it's not something l want to watch (far less still to pay for the privilege).

Quite how Saturdays would be without either being at the games or fiddling with a radio or asking people to check the score for me, heaven knows. Many people speak of "not going any more and not missing it" and maybe that's how it feels after a few weeks.

In a way l suppose I'm trying to stop caring now so that come May, when I'd normally be taking my £300 to the ticket office I won't be inclined to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I know I'm just one of the Vale tribe and I don't suppose for a second that Norman Smurthwaite knows of or cares about my decision. I don't doubt either there'll be some who say "See ya, you won't be missed".

I don't think I'm even torn on the matter, If the unthinkable happened l couldn't bear to see it, and if he's still here then he's definitely not seeing my money. His recent "tweet" saying "I not bothered about season ticket sales" (sic) means presumably he won't miss my cash.

Some good points,drowning my sorrows last night a friend asked will you go if your non league? I think the answer will be no,after 50 odd years I think I'll give it a miss thank you and leave it to the Smurfettes to salivate a goalless draw away from home to Havant and Waterloo.

Smurthwaite and his Ilk are slowly draining my enthusiasm,I'll always be Vale but not in the gutter thank you.

There's only so much grief you can take and I've just about had enough of feeling fed up with the whole matchday experience

The last enjoyable game was Luton over 12 months ago. There is something very wrong with the club currently and I guess we all know why

It's a very sad time to be a Vale fan, yes we've had bad sides over the years but I've never seen things so grim

Definitely won't be renewing along with the 2 people that go with me (all of us Vale fans for over 40 years)

I also won't be renewing, I used to be really 'up' for games. getting off my seat having a good shout and the occasional rant but over the last few seasons I've just been sitting there bored and a decent game occurs less and less. Don't think that I've left the ground early either until this season, it's intolerable at times.

The comments about the protests, of which I agree but shamefully didn't attend, from a number of fans also had me thinking that you'll get the club that you deserve. At least they are trying to make some positive change and as I see it in the correct manner. I'm even getting wound up after reading the comments on FB this morning proclaiming that they will still go even if we did get relegated, almost like a badge of honour and they revel in our demise.

It's very sad to see so many fans considering this and preparing for it.

On a lighter note I assumed the thread would be started my Mrs Smurthwaite after finding out about the extra marital affair her husband has been conducting.

Then again I suppose if you marry such a creature then you probably wouldn't ever have the self-respect enough to ask for a divorce.

I also won't be renewing, I used to be really 'up' for games. getting off my seat having a good shout and the occasional rant but over the last few seasons I've just been sitting there bored and a decent game occurs less and less. Don't think that I've left the ground early either until this season, it's intolerable at times.

The comments about the protests, of which I agree but shamefully didn't attend, from a number of fans also had me thinking that you'll get the club that you deserve. At least they are trying to make some positive change and as I see it in the correct manner. I'm even getting wound up after reading the comments on FB this morning proclaiming that they will still go even if we did get relegated, almost like a badge of honour and they revel in our demise.

It's very sad to see so many fans considering this and preparing for it.

Hi mate, I'm Andy Yates on Facebook and yes I did post I would go next year. It's only because years ago I was Home and Away, however because of family suicide issues years ago and a change of job, I haven't really been many games over the last 8 years or so. I'm finally starting to get organised and hoping to be able to finally get some free time, so next Season I do want to start attending again. However that doesn't mean I don't want Smurthwaite out and anything that helps to get him out of our club I'm up for.

I’ve already had my divorce.

I applaud each and everyone who protests and are coming up with ideas, but the sad fact for me is that, like you, I don’t think they will have an effect on Norman. Obviously, it depends on what his end game is, but I don’t think his desired result will be what we all would want it to be.

People will refer back to the protests against V2001 and how they were successful, eventually, but the situation now is so much different. Back then we had a voice, we part owned the club, we had the proxy of RW and the ability to call an EGM. The Council also had a charge on the ground which enabled them to put the club into administration, transferred it to the unsecured debt to agree to a decent deal, and allow the club to come out of administration on a pretty even keel.

The situation now is we have a single owner of the club who also owns the ground separately. We can’t oust him from the boardroom and we can’t force through a sale, so it all depends on what he wants to do. And that depends on his end game. If it is to simply sell the club, I think he would have done it by now. But what if it’s something else?

The club goes down to the conference and slips further into debt. It doesn’t necessarily mean the club will go into administration, it could simply be liquidation; Norman could fold the club and is left with the ground as a separate entity. Now I’m sure some will mention the covenant on the land, but ask yourself this, if the club doesn’t exist, and the land is lying there not being used, would the council maintain the covenant or would they allow the owner to build properties on it which in turn would generate council tax and funds for the council themselves? Remember, the Council received a lot of stick for bailing us out last time, would they be willing to again? When they could actually increase revenue when money is tight.

I’ve thought long and hard recently about whether to come back, even if it is only to protest, but I’ve had my “breakup” moment a couple of years ago, and I don’t know whether I can actually invest emotionally again, only for the above to happen and be bitterly disappointed.

I can only speak for myself but i cannot bring myself not going the vale whichever league we are in,its been to long in my family to walk away.My father started going the vale in the 1930s still went until he had a heart attack in the railway stand 2007.I have been going since 1954-55 season i go every home match and some away matches with my son and daughter and 3 grandchildren all with season tickets.I can only speak for me but i will not be renewing my season ticket what the rest of my family do is up to them as long as this low life is running our club he can stick his season ticket where the sun don't shine sad days for all valiants.

With the number of fans saying they will not buy a season ticket next season getting bigger by the week and I'm one,then obviously the budget will be slashed again next season and if we dont go down this season I think we will be nailed on for next year.

What really sticks in my throat and makes me physically sick is, that plays straight into Smurthwaites hands and he will blame the demise of the club on the lack of support, claiming he has done all he can.

He really is a despicable piece of work and those that seek to defend him are as culpable in the downfall of our proud club as he is,I hope he rots in hell.

I was a season ticket holder for 20years doing 40 odd games a season for most of them. Last season downgraded to a flex10 and went 13 games. This season I've been twice, we've won both games but the enjoyment is no longer there and I haven't missed going the games.

I've long since stopped buying from the club shop and try not to buy from the food kiosks. I haven't had a full season ticket for a few years and only bought a 10 game one at Xmas as I hoped the 400k would be well spent in January.

Now seeing what's gone on that's me finished at the end of this season with home games whilst Norman remains.

I will still go some away games but even that is a chore.

He holds all of the cards and is such a vindictive person that he will run the club into the ground just to prove how much power he has over us

He is earning money from club shop sales, catering and other income taken from the various businesses using the club during the week. Never mind the Hugill cash, cup runs and tv revenue.

He won't sell the club unless whoever buys it signs up to pay ground rent which he can raise when he likes.

I can only see one way he will ever be gone but unfortunately can the club survive that long? I think not.

Archived