onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A death in the family

Heatwave

Ridiculous. If Port Vale mean that much to anybody then I think you need to rethink your priorities in life. It's a ******* football club at the end of the day who compete in a sport. Go outside one night, look up at the midnight sky snd just maybe you will suddenly realise that any football club is rather insignificant on the greater whole. I actually pity anyone who football, or a football team, means so much to. Go find some other wonderful things in life. Jesus.

Says someone with 6550 posts on a football club forum

Advert

Ridiculous. If Port Vale mean that much to anybody then I think you need to rethink your priorities in life. It's a ******* football club at the end of the day who compete in a sport. Go outside one night, look up at the midnight sky snd just maybe you will suddenly realise that any football club is rather insignificant on the greater whole. I actually pity anyone who football, or a football team, means so much to. Go find some other wonderful things in life. Jesus.

And what did the Bin dippers manager say ............

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Plenty of things to do in this world than worry about Port Vale.

I was talking to a fellow supporter in Postie after the Grimsby game on Boxing Day whom told me that he'd been going to VP for 55 years.FM 55 years I said.Are you married I asked? NO he barked.I didn't think you would be I replied.Imagine spending your life based around Saturdays in Burslem and at Port Vale.

Completely agree. I genuinely feel sorry and genuine pity for anyone that only has Port Vale or football in general to fall back on in life. So tragic.

Plenty of things to do in this world than worry about Port Vale.

I was talking to a fellow supporter in Postie after the Grimsby game on Boxing Day whom told me that he'd been going to VP for 55 years.FM 55 years I said.Are you married I asked? NO he barked.I didn't think you would be I replied.Imagine spending your life based around Saturdays in Burslem and at Port Vale.

Could be worse could be walking round moss side instead.

Given that I'm a practising Christian I wouldn't disagree with your last line. However, I think you've missed the point.

There are undoubtedly bigger things in life than a deeply unfashionable L2 outfit, particularly when set against family tragedy (for instance). Given, though, that a good many people have invested a lot of time and money in supporting Vale, its decline into possible oblivion means a lot to those people. That is the context in which my opening post should be taken.

It's not everything but it's significant. If it's not what are you doing on here?

I’m as staunch a Vale fan as anyone, and have been for 45 years, but I have to agree. There is no way I’d let a football team dominate my life, or emotions, outside of the 90 minutes on a Saturday.

Look at the posts, where we have people calling one another scum for having an opinion that differs to theirs, all because they “ love “ the club.

Don’t anyone tell me that I don’t understand the emotions involved - I’ve lived, played and breathed football all my life, but I’ve always been able to prioritise my life and family in order to put football in perspective, without having to have tragedies such as loss of life to do it for me.

I’m as staunch a Vale fan as anyone, and have been for 45 years, but I have to agree. There is no way I’d let a football team dominate my life, or emotions, outside of the 90 minutes on a Saturday.

Look at the posts, where we have people calling one another scum for having an opinion that differs to theirs, all because they “ love “ the club.

Don’t anyone tell me that I don’t understand the emotions involved - I’ve lived, played and breathed football all my life, but I’ve always been able to prioritise my life and family in order to put football in perspective, without having to have tragedies such as loss of life to do it for me.

People can have a different opinion, that's fine. That's not what we're seeing here though. Not one single person that has come on here and claimed to have a different opinion, or offered what they call, balance, has done anything of the sort.

Anyone that destroys Port Vale, is scum, i.e. Smurthwaite. Anyone that comes on here and takes pleasure out of the clubs demise, by winding fans up, is also scum.

The only other way I could describe someone who classes themself a Vale fan, and supports/defends Smurthwaite, despite the clear evidence showing he is destroying the club, is that they're incredibly thick, and they're getting the club they deserve.

People can have a different opinion, that's fine. That's not what we're seeing here though. Not one single person that has come on here and claimed to have a different opinion, or offered what they call, balance, has done anything of the sort.

Anyone that destroys Port Vale, is scum, i.e. Smurthwaite. Anyone that comes on here and takes pleasure out of the clubs demise, by winding fans up, is also scum.

The only other way I could describe someone who classes themself a Vale fan, and supports/defends Smurthwaite, despite the clear evidence showing he is destroying the club, is that they're incredibly thick, and they're getting the club they deserve.

I don't see many, if any, defending Smurf here, you numpty. I'm certainly not. But if Vale do down then life for many goes on. Nothing is a given, and all in all we've probably done well to be a football league club for as long as we have all things considered. People will still be able to go and watch them on a Saturday regardless, just at a level that many of our players belong at.

Completely agree TylerB. It's slightly incongruous to see you say it however given how upset you get on here whenever anyone criticises Liverpool.

Archived