onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A death in the family

Heatwave

Maybe not just yet, but it feels inevitable and the family is waiting for the end to come.

That's what it feels like for me as a Vale fan anyway. Judging by the comments I've seen from others on here I'm not the only one feeling that way either. There is no joy any more in supporting the club I once loved. All I have left is a determination to see the terminal decline through to its inevitable end.

Port Vale is dying from an incurable cancer. In the body cancers can be treated or cut out, and the patient recover, but left to grow it eventually consumes the body. Port Vale's cancer is called Norman Smurthwaite. Unless he is removed and sanity restored to the running of the club there will be no Port Vale to support soon. Even then the damage may be too extensive for our patient to survive.

How do you deal with someone you love suddenly not being there any more? That's what I think we'll all find out soon. Until then I'll stay at the bedside, hoping and praying for a miracle. Because that's what it will take now for Port Vale to survive.

Advert

Spot on post and sums it up. I’ve followed Vale for 20 years and they’ve always been there, when things aren’t great for example you always have that escape of going the Vale and that taking your mind of things etc.

Never thought it would be like this and worryingly it feels as though it will get worse, if we go down judging by Smurfs attitude recently and the rumours of why Legge isn’t playing and Rico deal being pulled that we will cut the budget further and the National League is arguably as tough with teams like Salford, Fylde, Boreham Wood and Ebbsfleet with big backers, teams like Chesterfield, Orient and Wrexham all big clubs similar to us and clubs coming up likely to include Stockport and Torquay. We could easily be struggling in that level with how things are and almost expecting that to happen.

Worse if Smurf decides say to put the club in administration or the fans force his hand by boycotting rather than sell the National League wouldn’t accept us so we would be essentially in the Northern Premier if they accept us which is three below League Two! Similar to Darlington and Chester’s predicament.

The whole thing feels bleak and it’s bitterly depressing. If the club does fold which also seems possible I assume we will start again such as Darlington so will have that but it’s then a long road back.

I despise Smurthwaite, and what he's done to our club. I also despise all those that have and continue to support him. They're collaborators. They're close by, watching a cancer take over our club, and doing nothing to save it. To the contrary, they're preventing treatment from taking effect. They're self serving scum. They know who they are. Others that get in the way of saving the club are just incredibly thick. We know who they are.

Me and my mates are already planning how to spend our Saturdays next year as, if NS is still there, we will not be. Deplorable pathetic excuse for a human.

You are correct, we need a miracle to save our club.

Add my 2 season tickets to not being renewed if Gorm is still here after this debacle of a season. It will literally make me sick by not watching my Club but sanity prevails and I will NOT give that excuse of a human being a penny more of my hard earned money.

We are 100% doomed. We have the second worst record in the country over the last 50 games, we average less than a point a game over that time, we cannot win at home, we won't win the 'six pointers' we still have to play the top sides, but the transfer window is shut, we haven't had the new manager bounce because he plays the same 11, bookies have gone from 30/1 to 6/1 in a month, the oatcake has dug up the Vale relegation thread with a million posts, Smurf can see pound signs as he sells the ground with Persimmon and Bovis our next 2 matchday sponsors. Life itself goes on but it will never be the same!

Saturdays without Vale is like bacon sandwiches without brown sauce. Inconceivable !

Yet this is the harsh reality of this dire position we are in. A vindictive owner who seems hell bent on liquidating (he’s already destroyed) the club, and then riding off into the sunset with a smile on his face with Vale Park tucked neatly under his arm.

Yet he leaves behind generations of supporters who’s lives IS the Vale. People who look at Vale and see enjoyment (even now) and not just off shore pound signs.

He’s clearly driven by money and a sadistic outlook to people who get in his way, but this is now all beyond a joke.

All we want Smurfthwaite is a club to support. Do not let the Vale die. Sadly, all he seems to want to do is not only turn off the life support machine, but to kick it around the ward first.

I never thought I would beg, but here goes. Please, please sell up before it’s too late. You fat *******.

Saturdays without Vale is like bacon sandwiches without brown sauce. Inconceivable !

Yet this is the harsh reality of this dire position we are in. A vindictive owner who seems hell bent on liquidating (he’s already destroyed) the club, and then riding off into the sunset with a smile on his face with Vale Park tucked neatly under his arm.

Yet he leaves behind generations of supporters who’s lives IS the Vale. People who look at Vale and see enjoyment (even now) and not just off shore pound signs.

He’s clearly driven by money and a sadistic outlook to people who get in his way, but this is now all beyond a joke.

All we want Smurfthwaite is a club to support. Do not let the Vale die. Sadly, all he seems to want to do is not only turn off the life support machine, but to kick it around the ward first.

I never thought I would beg, but here goes. Please, please sell up before it’s too late. You fat *******.

You obviously haven't got much going on in your life if Port Vale is all you can do on a Saturday.

You obviously haven't got much going on in your life if Port Vale is all you can do on a Saturday.

think you totally got this wrong,

a football club whether Halifax or man utd means a lot to the supporters, as always there will be a different degree of support and what they get from supporting the club.

Its like a religion for some, routine for others a day out with their mates and is a social outlet too,

people would have gone from when they were young with their grandfathers/mothers and generations who have since passed and can go and still feel as though they are with them- yes its 22 men and a bag of wind but in essence its a club a unity , a sense of belonging , a buzz sharing the high n lows with others you don't even know but share the same passion ,, don't think tending the marigolds will give the same effect.

something our money thirsty owner doesn't understand, care about or share

Plenty of things to do in this world than worry about Port Vale.

I was talking to a fellow supporter in Postie after the Grimsby game on Boxing Day whom told me that he'd been going to VP for 55 years.FM 55 years I said.Are you married I asked? NO he barked.I didn't think you would be I replied.Imagine spending your life based around Saturdays in Burslem and at Port Vale.

Ridiculous. If Port Vale mean that much to anybody then I think you need to rethink your priorities in life. It's a ******* football club at the end of the day who compete in a sport. Go outside one night, look up at the midnight sky snd just maybe you will suddenly realise that any football club is rather insignificant on the greater whole. I actually pity anyone who football, or a football team, means so much to. Go find some other wonderful things in life. Jesus.

Archived