onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Off-the-pitch observation

smithie

I've attended the last two reserves games at Vale Park and seen us win twice (it beats watching the first team hands down 😂).

One thing I noticed was how busy the Lorne St stand was in terms of conference and events rooms in use. The car park on both occasions has been full to bursting and it certainly isn't the people watching the game.

In normal circumstances this would of course be good news for the club, but of course these are not normal times for us.

It raises the question though of how lucrative is that side of the club, and if the income from that stream is propping up other areas of poor income i.e walk up sales on match days. Or is it being used to pay down the directors loans? Or neither?

Just curious!

Advert

I've always assumed that ALL income streams go into various accounts/businesses controlled/owned by Smurthwaite. I don't think I'm wrong - please note the word 'think.'

-conferences

-wedding receptions

-funeral wakes

-Surestart rent

-speeding courses

-food/catering

-brewery/drinks contract

-club shop rental

-merchandise profit

-advertising boards

-scoreboard 'adverts'(birthdays/deaths/anniversaries etc)

-away coach travel monies

-programme sales

-gate money

-executive box rentals

... and any other way our beloved leader (NOT) can make money from the club and fans.

It has always been very noticeable that he continually tells us how much he has to put in for running costs/wages/transfers etc. but he NEVER tells us how much he makes/takes out of the club via the above mentioned income streams.

An heartless maverick like Smurthwaite would have let go along time ago if he was losing money, the only thing he cares about. He has no passion for the Vale or the area so why does he carry on.

He is just another landlord making money with no care whatsoever for the tenants.

£££££££..........

There's a restaurant I get invited too by my family. The owner makes a fortune out of weddings. His restaurant business doesn't make anywhere close. Guess what. The food isn't great, but he doesn't need to invest in that to make money.

Same thing at VP. Non-football stuff makes the money. The football is there only because there's a pitch.

If/When Vale get relegated out of the league I wonder if the former will slacken off a bit?

The club seems to be the preferred location for speed-awareness courses and judging by the carpark there's lots of speeding drivers who need educating.

Such a monopoly must be very lucrative, as would be the letting of function rooms at weekends.

It would be interestng to know just how much is made from this part of the club.

I've attended the last two reserves games at Vale Park and seen us win twice (it beats watching the first team hands down ).

One thing I noticed was how busy the Lorne St stand was in terms of conference and events rooms in use. The car park on both occasions has been full to bursting and it certainly isn't the people watching the game.

In normal circumstances this would of course be good news for the club, but of course these are not normal times for us.

It raises the question though of how lucrative is that side of the club, and if the income from that stream is propping up other areas of poor income i.e walk up sales on match days. Or is it being used to pay down the directors loans? Or neither?

Just curious!

Maybe Norman has extended his outdoor activities indoors and they are queuing up to see him in the boardroom.

Archived