onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

Banned for a reasonable opinion / observation? This is England not North Korea mate. He along with the other 9 outfield players continue to let us down. He alone has cost us 2 points in two games. Hopefully he will be hurting as much as the rest of us loyal fans but let’s not kid ourselves and defend the indefensible. Penalties are considered so easy by some when Rico used to bang them in they were devalued as lesser goals. Did he or did he not broadcast the penalty today?

Heard today that Legge won’t play for the first team again as he has it written in is contract that if he plays 25 games this season that we have to give him another years contract and he’s on 24!

Wish Radio Stoke or the Sentinel would ask this question to Askey.

It makes no sense at all for Legge not to play, sit on the bench and spend more time warming up than any other player.

Advert

Thought you wre a top class referee, from reading your posts anyway.

Yet you dont agree with Jean. The keeper moved way too early.

Pope missed the penalty yes, no doubting it but it was hit firm and well and just inside the post. Yes he did telegraph it and it was a good save by the keeper to get there but he went early.

Then again it was Pope. Oh and it wasnt Brown taking it.

Sure you would have been demanding a retake if Brown had taken it and it was saved in the same way.

I haven’t seen it back mate so I haven’t commented whether the keeper moved too early or not, that aside it was clearly so obvious where he was putting it, I’d be amazed if anyone disagreed.

If Brown has taken it he’d have scored, class above anything is Scotty Brown. We’d peobably be bottom two already if not all but relegated without him, he’s the definition of a one man team.

Wish Radio Stoke or the Sentinel would ask this question to Askey.

It makes no sense at all for Legge not to play, sit on the bench and spend more time warming up than any other player.

It seems stupid if the rumour is true that he is named on the bench, it would basically mean we’d have 6 subs.

Didn’t Aspin rubbish the rumour?

I haven’t seen it back mate so I haven’t commented whether the keeper moved too early or not, that aside it was clearly so obvious where he was putting it, I’d be amazed if anyone disagreed.

If Brown has taken it he’d have scored, class above anything is Scotty Brown. We’d peobably be bottom two already if not all but relegated without him, he’s the definition of a one man team.

It didnt need a replay to see how early he moved.

Were you there today ?

I agreed he did telegraph it but he hit it well and just inside the post.

A good save made but he went early and got away with it

Cant fault Brown, he has been our saviour this season.

Just wish hed keep a few more clean sheets 😉

Fact where has that come from?

Why on earth is he on the bench then? Surely Aspin and Askey aren’t that stupid....oh wait!

Token gesture.

You think the managers here have 100% control!

You’d do well to listen for once in your life James.

People know a lot more than you do. Just like people know who you are.

It’s 100% fact. Leon isn’t in a position to come out and say but believe people when they tell you this.

You think you know it all. You constantly play devils advocate with people very closely connected to the club.

For once in your OVF life, have a proper day off. Robbie Earles Perm???? Change it to James Smiths bald head. Be open who you are.

Woke up this morning, saw the result, and for some reason wasnt shocked or disappointed, after reading this thread wasnt even surprised.

played OK for 20 minutes against a side below us, and there arent many, missed opportunities and a penalty and conceded a goal.... thats a relegation story pure and simple.

Obvious questions..... why only 20 minutes?... it seems they played our away strategy against us and did better with it than we tend to do, why?....

20 minutes out of 90 in a game we desperately needed to win could suggest a lot of things... if they had "gone for it" in an attacking way would we have coped, would we have had our 20 minutes. Did the try not to lose mentality flood back.

It seems the players just arent good enough to maintain our league status, thats ALL the players with the exception of one, who has stopped us propping up the entire league... and lets be honest if it werent for the keeper we would probably already be relegated... the new manager hasnt had an impact yet and he hasnt changed much, although he hasnt had much opportunity given his circumstances.

How the fans keep turning up I dont know..... love hate and hope I suspect, although hope is fading fast..... they need to see some change, any meaningful change at this point would suffice..... something to bring hope back into the equation.

Tom pope works his socks off and you can see the passion he has for the club, his goals are invaluable and he will be a legend at this club.

On the other hand he takes too much ball and dictates too much of the way we play, its ok winning loads of headers but if they go no where near anyone then no point. It’s a dilemma for any manager. Also Smith works his socks off but I’m not sure if he’s just National league level,and is he bad luck!

?

Great height for the keeper to save. If he goes the right way he saves it. Pretty clear by the way he steps up where he’s hitting it. Pope needs a goal.

We need a goal ASAP. Can see them nicking a win if we’re not careful.

Spot on. Only 1 place he could put it with that run up, and as you say perfect height.

As others have said appears immune from criticism by many, but for me aside from constantly berating other players he often adds very little.

Archived