onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

To provide a little balance - The budget

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

If we assume the £1.5 m budget is right then its midtable for our division. Someone posted on here previously that Accrington had the smallest budget last season and got promoted and Chesterfield had the second largest and got relegated. A great manager can perform miracles but I cant see anybody arguing that a bigger budget is anything but a positive, its not doing Man City any harm.

What I do find crazy is that for 3 seasons running we have gone for quantity over quality. Managers have come in and said the squad is too big and then repeated the same mistake. Our budget gets spread too thinly, 30+ players instead of 24 better ones. I have come to the conclusion that someone has decided that if we have 34 players we have more chance of finding another Hugill than if we have 24, despite this policy producing 3 consecutive relegation battles. As to who dictates this policy we are unsure but a good guide is to follow the money. So who is benefitting , I think we all know the answer to that one.

Two other teams which weren’t close to Wolverhampton. Let’s not kid ourselves that we outbid loads of teams for him!!

I never said we did, but footballers are generally mercenaries so they aren’t going to go for peanuts if they are as good as Brown is. He must be our top earner easily over 100k per annum.

It’s just a shame a few other players of his quality didn’t want to relocate on a solid wage rather than being left with the bilge we have.

I think, sir , you will find my maths do add up . As a side note my dear departed namesake was aquitted of all tax charges. Whilst your other hero robbie earle was sacked from the itv panel for floggiing tickets meant for family.

Touché 😂

But how do your maths add up, ST and ticket sales can’t be the grand sun of our budget.

If we assume the £1.5 m budget is right then its midtable for our division. Someone posted on here previously that Accrington had the smallest budget last season and got promoted and Chesterfield had the second largest and got relegated. A great manager can perform miracles but I cant see anybody arguing that a bigger budget is anything but a positive, its not doing Man City any harm.

What I do find crazy is that for 3 seasons running we have gone for quantity over quality. Managers have come in and said the squad is too big and then repeated the same mistake. Our budget gets spread too thinly, 30+ players instead of 24 better ones. I have come to the conclusion that someone has decided that if we have 34 players we have more chance of finding another Hugill than if we have 24, despite this policy producing 3 consecutive relegation battles. As to who dictates this policy we are unsure but a good guide is to follow the money. So who is benefitting , I think we all know the answer to that one.

Satdee was a good example. Cambridge have about 25 players, including a couple of loanees, yet still manage to put out a much more balanced side with good cover in most positions. Good management on their part, poor on ours. And I'm still left asking the question, where's the money gone?

Whatever the budget is ... it’s completely out of whack for a club has £2.4m of income from transfers and cup runs.

Anyone celebrating having the 10th biggest budget in league two needs to be felt sorry for.

Tv and radio pundits have all being saying how Newport’s £1m windfall from a cup run sets them up for success and will help them push onto league 1.

We earn two and a half time that and some people are out there desperately trying to make a positive story out of us having the 10th biggest budget in the bottom league of English football. It’s embarrassing... if that’s all you have got to try and prove the owner should be left alone I suggest you don’t understand the big picture... or choose not to acknowledge the bits that don’t suit your agenda.

On another point, Smurthwaite has become so indefensible, that I have realised anyone defending him is either too stubborn to admit it or a troll... so I’m going to stop giving their idiotic arguments the oxygen of reply.

Given that Smurthwaite's crass decision to dismantle a good League 1 squad has put us in peril of going out of the football league, having the 10th best budget in L2 is scant consolation. He won't have spent enough, in my view, until and unless he makes amends by getting us back to where we were. Whatever the cost.

Satdee was a good example. Cambridge have about 25 players, including a couple of loanees, yet still manage to put out a much more balanced side with good cover in most positions. Good management on their part, poor on ours. And I'm still left asking the question, where's the money gone?

Perhaps Cambridge just have one bloke buying the players??

Touché 😂

But how do your maths add up, ST and ticket sales can’t be the grand sun of our budget.

Its got nothing to do with the sun.Its probably your favourite morning paper which would explain a lot.Nothing to do with the sun please stay on topic..

Archived