onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Problem With Protesting

Yukon

First off, this is not a dig a protesters- I was outside the main entrance and holding my red card up in the Paddock, so don't take the title of this thread the wrong way.

My major concern with the protests, which anyone in the ground on Saturday could see was widely received by the vast majority of fans (including away fans, nice one lads), is that those in power do not care if we don't want them. The fact of the matter is, they are not here for the fans or Port Vale, they are here for themselves. They really don't care if we think they are the anti-christ or the messiah for that matter.

They are here to do a job and they seem intent on doing it. I'm not daft enough to blankly accuse them of this or that but I think we all have some sort of idea what's going on. My major concern is that they are here until they consider it to be job done and all the chanting, marching and red cards in the world are not going to change that.

Advert

First off, this is not a dig a protesters- I was outside the main entrance and holding my red card up in the Paddock, so don't take the title of this thread the wrong way.

My major concern with the protests, which anyone in the ground on Saturday could see was widely received by the vast majority of fans (including away fans, nice one lads), is that those in power do not care if we don't want them. The fact of the matter is, they are not here for the fans or Port Vale, they are here for themselves. They really don't care if we think they are the anti-christ or the messiah for that matter.

They are here to do a job and they seem intent on doing it. I'm not daft enough to blankly accuse them of this or that but I think we all have some sort of idea what's going on. My major concern is that they are here until they consider it to be job done and all the chanting, marching and red cards in the world are not going to change that.

With an EGM looming we need to get the message across to every single share holder, the red card protest helped in doing that

Protests are like PR or advertising, it is putting the message across. This is a different protest, virtually all Vale fans are behind it, and it will grow. If they are not forced out on legal grounds, the protests and media coverage have to be maintained so that shareholders far and wide get the message, and know that all Vale fans are behind the eviction.

With an EGM looming we need to get the message across to every single share holder, the red card protest helped in doing that

I was fearfull the red card protest would fall flat but indeed the opposite happened and it was very indicative to how the majority feel, a great success.

I think after match protests have become a waste of time now and more people are losing interest in just chanting in the rain and cold while the thieves are inside or have already left, think its time to abandon that and to come up with something new, things need to be more direct and personal:ninja::)

I was fearfull the red card protest would fall flat but indeed the opposite happened and it was very indicative to how the majority feel, a great success.

I think after match protests have become a waste of time now and more people are losing interest in just chanting in the rain and cold while the thieves are inside or have already left, think its time to abandon that and to come up with something new, things need to be more direct and personal:ninja::)

I didnt vote for the after match protest at the SC meeting, I did vote for the red card protest and was handing cards out in the sponsors lounge

I believe the after match protests just alienate the very fans we need on our side

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Just because they haven't gone yet doesn't mean that they never will. If you are looking for inspiration look at Vaclav Havel who died this week. He started a movement to end Communism in Czechoslovakia. It was hard but he did it.

We've only got a few buffooons to get rid of.

The red card protest was particularly effective and we have got the sentinel on side. Its only a matter of time.

Keep the faith as they used to say at the Torch:)

I think it's clear they don't care one but about the fans. what it's all about is spreading the word, and uniting everyone against the scum running our club. we need every shareholder onside, and protests and media interest are the way to do that.

someone mentioned a picket line outside shop this may turn people away and stop money in there that might be the next step....

maybe not leaving the ground or a picket line at gates to lourne street outside ticket office this would serioulsy disrupt people leaving even if its just for a few minutes as its private land your not bloking the highway so its not a police problem?

Tosh, the one positive is the outside protests are keeping them away

I'd rather they were no where near vale park so if they have that effect then how about daily protesting

someone mentioned a picket line outside shop this may turn people away and stop money in there that might be the next step....

maybe not leaving the ground or a picket line at gates to lourne street outside ticket office this would serioulsy disrupt people leaving even if its just for a few minutes as its private land your not bloking the highway so its not a police problem?

The money coming into the club is what will ultimately kill them. Its all down to how much damage will be done in the meantime.

The income from Saturdays game will not make much of a contribution towards this months wage bill , which must be considerably higher with the beef bill etc.

The money coming into the club is what will ultimately kill them. Its all down to how much damage will be done in the meantime.

The income from Saturdays game will not make much of a contribution towards this months wage bill , which must be considerably higher with the beef bill etc.

i do worry that millar and deakin wont be bothered about that and are waiting for the club to fold just like millar and luton he gets his money and moves on.......

Archived