onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Askey appointed as manager until the end of the season

mr.hobblesworth

I'm hopeful that we will have similarities with what happened at Man Utd in appointing Askey (bear with me...)

Aspin and Mourinho regularly fell out with players, employed ultra defensive tactics and chastised flair players. It was obvious the players were better than what they were showing and that the systems employed didn't get the best out of them.

I'm now hopeful that with a new manager, as with Solskjaer at Utd, that the players can regain their confidence and we can find a system that suits them and that the performances and wins will follow. I don't think this is a bad squad of players.

Here's hoping.

Advert

Having appointed his new manager he could just be stepping back to let his CEO get on with the day to day running as stated.

Yes another scapegoat for his silly running of the club.

Garlick and Fradley extended Baldrick Browns contract which cost the club a lot of money when he was sacked.

Garlick should have gone with Aspin despite knowing Askey for 20 years.

Garlick had his chance but blew it.

He,s as incompetent as Gorman.

Yes another scapegoat for his silly running of the club.

Garlick and Fradley extended Baldrick Browns contract which cost the club a lot of money when he was sacked.

Garlick should have gone with Aspin despite knowing Askey for 20 years.

Garlick had his chance but blew it.

He,s as incompetent as Gorman.

He does what he's told.

Yes, he did come across well. I hope he can see us across the line and take it from there.

But I'm not underestimating the size of his task and I hope fans give him an extended chance. We've being going backwards for three seasons and he's having to work with a squad not of his own making, with the window shut. It's hard to take over at this stage in the season. Slow but steady progress until May will do me. All the very best, John.

Sorry that’s OVF for not sure i totally agree, Micky wasn’t so successful on the Wirral or in his second spell here

Phizz...not trying to make you out as a bit of a pillock, but you are aware he got us promoted in his second spell with us, aren’t you? Our only promotion in the last 25 seasons? If that’s not considered as being successful then I don’t know what is.

Phizz...not trying to make you out as a bit of a pillock, but you are aware he got us promoted in his second spell with us, aren’t you? Our only promotion in the last 25 seasons? If that’s not considered as being successful then I don’t know what is.

Obviously missed out, in the end, at the end of the sentence but not being a pollock you’re self you have known that.

Obviously missed out, in the end, at the end of the sentence but not being a pollock you’re self you have known that.

Now you really have lost me. I’ve just reread your original post and you never use the phrase “in the end” anywhere.

However using that logic, John Rudge wasn’t a success for us as he got sacked ‘in the end’.

Archived