onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Would Vale get more from Norman by making some sort of peace?

phizz

Advert

Lets examine the evidence and current situation at VP.

His decision making is poor to say the least.

His relationship with the fans has broken down completely.

Nobody believes a word he says anymore

The recruitment policy is bizarre.

There seems to be no time based plan to move us forward.

He has put an unrealistic value on the club to deter any prospective new owner

Personally I think his time should be up as its gone past save-able.

You might be right but how do you do that, everyone that’s not happy could not attend, but then would that finnish the club ?cant afford another admin I would suggest

That’s why I say, intentions are never to fail are they? He didn’t appoint Aspin thinking I’ll appease the fans but he’ll fail....

He backed Mickey Adams, he needs to look back on what worked and what didn’t.... your right a lot didn’t.... look at the formula followed by many other teams that have been promoted.... they get good managers, they back the manager with good players, the minute someone says quality over quantity, then panics into quantity is the minute you start to waiver in your support, we all knew it! And I’m sure Smurf did, it’s happened with our last 4 managers.

Best and most rational post I’ve seen with regards to the owner for a long time.

People need to calm down on both sides of the divide, take personalities out of it and focus on long term goals for the club.

Funny thing is I do remember Smurf quite vividly partying with fans in his Smurf gear back in the league 2 promotion era.

It was great fun and he seemed like a good bloke.

Now due to his crazy decisions he is now viewed as all kinds of things from a Oyston esque money launderer to sexual deviant.

I just think the guy is incompetent. Nothing he has done can be seen as benefiting the club or even himself.

Posted this on another thread.

Is NS as bad as everyone is making out?

He dose seem to try in his own way at times to please the fans. He seems to have enough money to not let the club fold.on the other hand he seems to make some strange decisions.Never myself took to him at the start but all the abuse he gets well is that helpful, I’m not sure it is.

Don't agree with the violent abuse Gorman say's his family and himself get all the time. Again is this actually happening - probably is - but again can it be totally believed that it is that bad, previously fans have asked for proof and none came forward - no police action taken against individuals and senile did not even run with it. If it is - then are they actually Vale fans. Again if they are - then have caused the true Vale fans to have lost the high moral ground and just played into his hands and hence all fans are thugs and the club fan base is bad. Gorman, take this evidence to the police and allow them to deal with it - as this is what they deserve for thinking this is the way forward.

Peaceful protesting is the way forward as it shows the growing support for Gorman to either leave the club or actually come clean with his intentions and either sell the club or put some investment into the club.

Can he actually win the fans over - don't think Gorman will ever do this now. Too many promises and they have failed to happen. Too many signs he is just taking money out of the club and not really wanting to invest in experienced manager and players. He just wants to run it as cheaply as he can.

No.

He is simply taking all the money he can to reduce his loans so he can sell the club for its actual value and say he never lost on a deal.

His balance of care has well and truly tipped to looking after himself.

He doesn’t give a sh*t about port vale. Being nice to him won’t help.

Dose it make you feel superior calling him names, think its a bit embarrassing my self, and you’ve made no contributions to the debate.

Its embarrassing when the idiot owner calls fans names ,doenst he say go play on the motorway, your money wouldn't buy a corner flag, calling fans liars when he clearly has .

The way forward with him has now passed, he has had loads of time to show a real statement of intent each time hope build up then smashed when we end up worse off than beforehand..

yes chairman will at times always get some stick by nature of the role as you cant please all the people all the time- this is part of the job and why expectation, promises need to be realistically managed (under promise over achieve) along with any retort.

He has had more than his money back whilst we endure no investment yet as fans get blamed for this- look at accrington Stanley their owner turns any extra revenue they make from cups,tv etc back to the club and the manager have a small quality squad meaning they are over achieving and will one day fallback as every club has a ceiling but i'm sure their fans will hold him in high regard & completely chalk n cheese to our owner who doesn't really try other than for himself.

ultimately for a club to prosper it has to be united from top to bottom all pulling together like brothers in arms with belief we are one ( like when vale fans funded £15k for beckford think it was)no one bigger than each other but respectful someone has to make the decisions.

we are broken, staring into the abyss we need a strong leader with forward intent,belief and can put into action the building blocks for a strong foundation and then move forward

long winded I know but it is so bloody simple if you intend to do the right thing

The abuse thing........Has he actually received face to face abuse? has there been any concerted chanting against him at Vale park I can think of one time when a few tried to start it in the railway paddock.

Is it all online if so sorry he will have to suck that up thats what happens these days, no different to what people say at work or in the pub,in the old days it was letters to the sports editor in the sentinel.

People say they wouldn't like their family to get the abuse, if my daughter used the crude language his daughter used on twitter I would wonder is it any surprise the get pelters every now and again.

Even chairman that spend millions on clubs get slaughtered, the chap at Newcastle is hated similar to our chairman even Chelsea chap gets pelters if the team are rubbish, Norman owns the club full stop, was he the club saviour, no , if he didn’t buy then someone else would have, football fans don’t like there chairman if the team is not doing well it’s a football thing.

Best and most rational post I’ve seen with regards to the owner for a long time.

People need to calm down on both sides of the divide, take personalities out of it and focus on long term goals for the club.

There have been so many opportunities to wipe the slate clean. Every time, without fail, he chooses the cheap option and the club drops further. He's just had another, final chance to learn from his mistakes and right his many many wrongs. He failed. Again. We needed a proven goalscorer. He failed. We needed decisive action at the beginning of Jan, either back Aspin, or sack him. He failed. We needed an immediate replacement for Aspin. He's failed.

How further do we have to drop, before it gets through to people, he just isn't very good. He's damaging the club with every decision he makes.

Archived