onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Would Vale get more from Norman by making some sort of peace?

phizz

Advert

It’s ok then carry on slagging him off its working a treat.

... whereas you seem to feel that being 'nice' to him would work. Bearing in mind his attitude towards the fans, his hopeless football decisions, his stubborn refusal to pay the going rate for an experienced manager or players, his role in getting rid of Page and some players, the blatant untruths that he has told etc, I have to disagree with the premise that it would work out favourably for the Vale.

Posted this on another thread.

Is NS as bad as everyone is making out?

He dose seem to try in his own way at times to please the fans. He seems to have enough money to not let the club fold.on the other hand he seems to make some strange decisions.Never myself took to him at the start but all the abuse he gets well is that helpful, I’m not sure it is.

Are you for real mate? One of the daftest posts ever on ovf, in my opinion. Have you been put up to this by Abnorm?

... whereas you seem to feel that being 'nice' to him would work. Bearing in mind his attitude towards the fans' date=' his hopeless football decisions, his stubborn refusal to pay the going rate for an experienced manager or players, his role in getting rid of Page and some players, the blatant untruths that he has told etc, I have to disagree with the premise that it would work out favourably for the Vale.[/quote']

I think the only time like there chairmen is when the team are winning, remember people dressing up as smurfs and the like, people were the same with Bill Bell accusations of all sorts and he was arguably successful

Are you for real mate? One of the daftest posts ever on ovf, in my opinion. Have you been put up to this by Abnorm?

Dose it make you feel superior calling him names, think its a bit embarrassing my self, and you’ve made no contributions to the debate.

He didn't get Hughes in - Wildes did. According to Mr Smurthwaite who said he had nowt to do with the running of the club at that time.

...and then when Adams contract was up took an absolute age to renew it - in fact, at the end of that season (first one after promotion when we finished 9th?) it seemed likely that Adams would be leaving.

Didn't Smurthwaite supposedly suggest to Adams that he should look what else was available as he didn't want us holding him back? (aka if you leave I can reduce the cost of the manager?!......plus start interfering on the playing side, which Smurthwaite himself has admitted he was able to do when Adams left, as he wouldn't have put up with it).

The main problem we have with the owner is the difference between what he says and what he does.

He said running the club would be easier than running Stoke Audi - not it isn't.

He said he had the cash to take us to the Championship - we have gone in the other direction.

He said we had £400,000 to invest in January - we've spent sixpence.

He said following Page's departure that we had a number of outstanding managerial candidates after the job - he appointed Bruno.

He told the Sentinel on 30 Sept 2017 that Neil Aspin was not in line for the Vale job - he appointed him 4 days later.

He told the SC meeting that he had never met John Askey and had no idea who he was - Askey's family had a different story.

He said I was a liar for saying he had £200,000 in exclusivity payments - he told me in an email he had.

I very much doubt our owner can lie straight in bed. Being nice to him will not change that.

Dose it make you feel superior calling him names, think its a bit embarrassing my self, and you’ve made no contributions to the debate.

I've made my comments and contributions very clear on other posts and didn't feel it necessary to regurgitate matters. The opening up of yet another thread on the Owner, is in my opinion going to get the very same answers/observations that we all are only too aware of now. I understand you want some kind of leeway given to Abnorm but honestly , in the experience we have all endured under his tenure, there is NO way he will change and frankly if you think he will, IF fans are tolerant to him, then I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Football is not your average business, it is high profile whether a ManU or a community club. Most people know how to run one, until they try. Then is the time to seek advice, appoint experts, front/chair the business. Decide on the level of funding as a hobby, very few L1/2 clubs break even. Now is the time for Smurf to take stock, he has tried lots of options, he now needs to explain what he is doing at the club, and the future. So we come to credibility.

The main problem we have with the owner is the difference between what he says and what he does.

He said running the club would be easier than running Stoke Audi - not it isn't.

He said he had the cash to take us to the Championship - we have gone in the other direction.

He said we had £400,000 to invest in January - we've spent sixpence.

He said following Page's departure that we had a number of outstanding managerial candidates after the job - he appointed Bruno.

He told the Sentinel on 30 Sept 2017 that Neil Aspin was not in line for the Vale job - he appointed him 4 days later.

He told the SC meeting that he had never met John Askey and had no idea who he was - Askey's family had a different story.

He said I was a liar for saying he had £200,000 in exclusivity payments - he told me in an email he had.

I very much doubt our owner can lie straight in bed. Being nice to him will not change that.

Not here to defend him you miss the point, don’t have to be nice to him although you seemed to be happy when he first came, I have people I work with whom I don’t like but manage to have a working relationship.

He seems clear he’s staying, go down the Blackpool supporters root by all means but there chairman seems to still be there.

Football is not your average business, it is high profile whether a ManU or a community club. Most people know how to run one, until they try. Then is the time to seek advice, appoint experts, front/chair the business. Decide on the level of funding as a hobby, very few L1/2 clubs break even. Now is the time for Smurf to take stock, he has tried lots of options, he now needs to explain what he is doing at the club, and the future. So we come to credibility.

Very true, there never seems to have been a long term plan. He’s a business man and not a football fan, do you get a million pounds in the bank by being a nice guy?

Not sure you do.Is there a middle ground that both are comfortable with?

Lets examine the evidence and current situation at VP.

His decision making is poor to say the least.

His relationship with the fans has broken down completely.

Nobody believes a word he says anymore

The recruitment policy is bizarre.

There seems to be no time based plan to move us forward.

He has put an unrealistic value on the club to deter any prospective new owner

Personally I think his time should be up as its gone past save-able.

Archived