onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Cambridge Utd v Port Vale

Fosse69

I don’t worry so much about the defending - it’s lack of goals at the other end that’s the problem

Totally agree, we cannot continually rely on 2 young wing backs to bombing on to create something. Let them do their jobs as full backs and find a way to play by getting the creative players on the pitch in front of the back 4 or 5.

Advert

Totally agree, we cannot continually rely on 2 young wing backs to bombing on to create something. Let them do their jobs as full backs and find a way to play by getting the creative players on the pitch in front of the back 4 or 5.

Which creative players are these? I haven't seen much evidence that we have any.

We can dress it up all we like, the bottom line is that the players simply aren’t good enough. We would struggle in the league below.

Any team without a creative or mobile centre midfield, without players up front who can score, create and make chances and without wingers or number tens will struggle in any league. The squad is totally wrong in its balance.

Which creative players are these? I haven't seen much evidence that we have any.

That responsibility should be falling on the shoulders of players like whitfield, Worrall, monty, Pope, Miller, manny, Hannant. But you’re right we’ve struggled to say the least. But I go back to my point that the squad is all wrong, too many defenders and defensive minded midfielders.

Sickening defeat for Vale yesterday.

For Popey's chance, IMHO the ball came to him quickly and he couldn't get it from under his feet to get the required power and direction on it. The time he put the ball into the net, from the highlights it looks like he was onside although difficult to tell definitively.

Amoo was already looking dangerous before he scored their goal and Vale should have already been doubling up on him.

For me Popey had a good game yesterday, the chest back to Hannant in the 2nd half was a great piece of skill and awareness.

When the ball doesn't run for you it doesn't run for you.

New manager hits the ground running i see .

No goals meansno points because as soon as we concede itsa major haulget back in the game .

You make your own luck in football .

Playing 7 at the back because you dont trust the defence is a recipe for disaster .

We need leaders .

Who are the leaders .

Smith is a youth team player whos come through .

Rawlinsons first year in league football .

Crookes a up and coming product from Notts Forest .

Gibbons and Clark relatively young and i dont hear a voice from.a one of them .

Is that why they play Kay and Joyce as there the talkers.

Its fair to say the players are not performing but maybe they are and thats all they can give if so its going to take great fortune to survive .

I feel for the fans who continue to go its been abysmal for years and its getting worse .

These are sad times for the die hards i hope we can put a team out who can change the course of the clubs fortunes

Smith has played over 100 matches, Gibbons probably 50. Joyce has played 300 or more but hasn’t shown any form. Don’t think it’s to do with age we are playing two holding midfielders all the time it’s making us look worse than we are! With more attacking intent we would perform a lot better. We have the chance to prove it in next few matches. I would play Edsner and or a Whelan over Joyce or Kay to give us some legs. Would bring Howkins in to centre half. Once Millar is back play Harris and Millar up front and Pope on the bench. Captain would be Brown.

Smith has played over 100 matches, Gibbons probably 50. Joyce has played 300 or more but hasn’t shown any form. Don’t think it’s to do with age we are playing two holding midfielders all the time it’s making us look worse than we are! With more attacking intent we would perform a lot better. We have the chance to prove it in next few matches.

Absolutely this! For me the majority of the back 4 have proven themselves to be good enough. Its whats in front of them thats the issue and that aspect of the squad building falls on the manager and the chairman for their choices and the money put in to get the right players.

Stop smashing the players into the ground with such bad and unwarranted stuff, they need your support! Practically they only way we can stay up is for the fans to get behind the players, they aren’t gonna do it with this background of tosh. Askey deserves us fans to get behind him in the coming weeks!

Most rational fans will agree with this.

Most rational fans will agree with this.

Glad to hear it. Don’t mind people with good points and fair acessements but the mind blowing trolling of our players is horrible to see and a shame on this great club. Feel that One Vale Fan is failing us all.

Glad to hear it. Don’t mind people with good points and fair acessements but the mind blowing trolling of our players is horrible to see and a shame on this great club. Feel that One Vale Fan is failing us all.

Players definitely read forums like this one. They must think (rightly) we've got absolute twxts for fans.

Players definitely read forums like this one. They must think (rightly) we've got absolute twxts for fans.

Yes but it’s the same ones each time who are on here they only have one aim to rubbish the club to hell. Think they get some of it from Ray Williams on the radio, I can’t listen to him at all he is another who just rubbishes everything we do. Yes I can give fair critics at times but try to be fair no team or players go out to deliberately play bad.

Considering we lost to a deflected goal some of the diatribe on here is foolish and takes confidence out of players, even their manager said we were a tough proposition. Our defence is the best part of the side it’s not as if we are shipping goals, only 13 away. Yes we need to score more that’s self evident and at least after next match we will have Miller back as another option. I hope that we will practice attacking set plays this week and include getting the likes of Howkins up to have a go this would give us a better chance of scoring goals. Stop smashing the players into the ground with such bad and unwarranted stuff, they need your support! Practically they only way we can stay up is for the fans to get behind the players, they aren’t gonna do it with this background of tosh. Askey deserves us fans to get behind him in the coming weeks!
Totally agree with this

Considering we lost to a deflected goal some of the diatribe on here is foolish and takes confidence out of players, even their manager said we were a tough proposition. Our defence is the best part of the side it’s not as if we are shipping goals, only 13 away. Yes we need to score more that’s self evident and at least after next match we will have Miller back as another option. I hope that we will practice attacking set plays this week and include getting the likes of Howkins up to have a go this would give us a better chance of scoring goals. Stop smashing the players into the ground with such bad and unwarranted stuff, they need your support! Practically they only way we can stay up is for the fans to get behind the players, they aren’t gonna do it with this background of tosh. Askey deserves us fans to get behind him in the coming weeks!

The stats say one thing but the performance was poor but you are right in the sense a lot on here have issues in how they express themselves,and despite there insistence most would never talk to people that way face to face.

Having said that one lad at the match had a complete melt down and had to be spoken to by the police in attendance

I hope Askey plays 4 3 3 and includes some pace up front either side of Popey and some mobility in the centre. Please not Kay AND Joyce in the same team!

I'd go something like:

Brown

Gibbo Smith Legge Clarke

Worrall Kay Man U loanee

Turner Pope Montano

As ever, we have a very big squad so let's hope Askey can find a mix of players that can play his preferred system and style. Only Brown and Pope deserve to be certain starters for me this season.

When will you get it into your head that Turner is not good enough for league football.

He came on as sub for the reserves last week so is well down the pecking order.

He as sent back from Tamworth because he was not good enough.

Archived