onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Cambridge Utd v Port Vale

Fosse69

It's ******* obvious mate. You just have to watch them trying play football.

I watch league 2 every week and most teams are the same. Individually we’ve got some good players, but as a side we don’t have the right balance in particular in midfield and attack where it matters.

Advert

Watch the game for goodness sake, do you think he was fit, it’s pointless having a conversation with you if you haven’t seen the game?

Has a fully fit Pope ever missed a chance like that previously for us?

Because he was immobile it led to Popeball extreme yesterday at times.

The team formation and decision to rush him back at all costs cost us yesterday as did the application of the outfield players.

Players miss chances every game for many reasons, just because he’s just come back from an injury doesn’t mean he missed that chance because he’s unfit. Its an horrendous miss, but to suggesting a fit Pope would bury every chance he gets is way off. We all know that doesn’t happen.

New manager hits the ground running i see .

No goals meansno points because as soon as we concede itsa major haulget back in the game .

You make your own luck in football .

Playing 7 at the back because you dont trust the defence is a recipe for disaster .

We need leaders .

Who are the leaders .

Smith is a youth team player whos come through .

Rawlinsons first year in league football .

Crookes a up and coming product from Notts Forest .

Gibbons and Clark relatively young and i dont hear a voice from.a one of them .

Is that why they play Kay and Joyce as there the talkers.

Its fair to say the players are not performing but maybe they are and thats all they can give if so its going to take great fortune to survive .

I feel for the fans who continue to go its been abysmal for years and its getting worse .

These are sad times for the die hards i hope we can put a team out who can change the course of the clubs fortunes

Four of the last five goals we have conceded have come from wicked deflections that gave Brown no chance. Is this bad luck of bad defending?

I was thinking that BUT if you dont score any yourself and I mean any, then you are in deep trouble,27 goals is 2nd lowest in the football league (I think)after the Wombles 22.

Four of the last five goals we have conceded have come from wicked deflections that gave Brown no chance. Is this bad luck of bad defending?

No Jacko you are right, what it does show is that if you dont shoot you dont score. We just dont have enough efforts on goal in games. We need to have more than 2/3 shots on goal to score as our players aren't that clinical.

Players miss chances every game for many reasons, just because he’s just come back from an injury doesn’t mean he missed that chance because he’s unfit. Its an horrendous miss, but to suggesting a fit Pope would bury every chance he gets is way off. We all know that doesn’t happen.

Popey isn't the quality striker who can get one chance in a game and score one goal, I understand it was an easy chance he missed. Feed the Pope and he will score but he needs 4/5 good chances if he is going to score you 2. Putting aside the fact he wasn't fit I also believe it puts a heavy weight on Popey as he knows he is only going to get 1 chance in a game. In good times if he missed a chance he knew it wouldn't be long before another came along.

Popey isn't the quality striker who can get one chance in a game and score one goal, I understand it was an easy chance he missed. Feed the Pope and he will score but he needs 4/5 good chances if he is going to score you 2. Putting aside the fact he wasn't fit I also believe it puts a heavy weight on Popey as he knows he is only going to get 1 chance in a game. In good times if he missed a chance he knew it wouldn't be long before another came along.

On the replay, it looked an easy chance. As the ball came off him, he stumbled and couldn't regain enough balance to get a clean touch. Then, shortly after, another chance did come. He put it away but it was disallowed, mistakenly, for offside. It's events like these that are going to decide our season.

On the replay, it looked an easy chance. As the ball came off him, he stumbled and couldn't regain enough balance to get a clean touch. Then, shortly after, another chance did come. He put it away but it was disallowed, mistakenly, for offside. It's events like these that are going to decide our season.

Considering we lost to a deflected goal some of the diatribe on here is foolish and takes confidence out of players, even their manager said we were a tough proposition. Our defence is the best part of the side it’s not as if we are shipping goals, only 13 away. Yes we need to score more that’s self evident and at least after next match we will have Miller back as another option. I hope that we will practice attacking set plays this week and include getting the likes of Howkins up to have a go this would give us a better chance of scoring goals. Stop smashing the players into the ground with such bad and unwarranted stuff, they need your support! Practically they only way we can stay up is for the fans to get behind the players, they aren’t gonna do it with this background of tosh. Askey deserves us fans to get behind him in the coming weeks!

Based on today clearly. He alone cost us a point today with his utterly abysmal miss.

Aguero has missed a really easy sitter against Chelsea all he had to do was tap it in,does that make him a bad player or a pile of s*** Popes was far harder and yet you cant wait to put the boot in.

I hope Askey plays 4 3 3 and includes some pace up front either side of Popey and some mobility in the centre. Please not Kay AND Joyce in the same team!

I'd go something like:

Brown

Gibbo Smith Legge Clarke

Worrall Kay Man U loanee

Turner Pope Montano

As ever, we have a very big squad so let's hope Askey can find a mix of players that can play his preferred system and style. Only Brown and Pope deserve to be certain starters for me this season.

Archived