onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite breaks silence.......

blackdog

Advert

Some of you guys seem to have not read the bit that says vale were contacted by Marc’s agent. Not beyond belief that Smurf would want to take advice from others as to Marc’s suitability (which he says he did)before deciding to follow it up, then I’d imagine there was quite a bit to do, so unless Marc’s agent having discussed with Marc then contacted vale with a fully completed terms and conditions of contract and that Vale just signed it without reading it then logically there would need some consultation to take place between Rico, his agent and Smurf. This won’t happen in a flash so it’s feasible that this ate into time.

You could argue that if Marc was dead set on a move to Vale he could have set off earlier in anticipation of agreement being reached.

Some of you guys seem to have not read the bit that says vale were contacted by Marc’s agent. Not beyond belief that Smurf would want to take advice from others as to Marc’s suitability (which he says he did)before deciding to follow it up, then I’d imagine there was quite a bit to do, so unless Marc’s agent having discussed with Marc then contacted vale with a fully completed terms and conditions of contract and that Vale just signed it without reading it then logically there would need some consultation to take place between Rico, his agent and Smurf. This won’t happen in a flash so it’s feasible that this ate into time.

You could argue that if Marc was dead set on a move to Vale he could have set off earlier in anticipation of agreement being reached.

He would also have had to do a medical thinking about it which would have taken time as it was a permanent transfer.

Okay, here we go:

"A CEO was appointed in July 2016 who has full day to day running of the club with the exception of any major decisions that are escalated to me"

Why haven't we heard from him in years? What is he doing? He has overseen a L1 relegation and two L2 relegation battles? Why is he hiding? Or are you the puppet master that won't let him speak?

"Since the appointment of the CEO The club has reduced its need to rely upon further financial support or loans from myself."

So if the finances are improved, why haven't we spent any of the unbudgeted £2.7m earned since January 2017 in improving the playing squad?

"I have a genuine concern of the impact the negative press is having on the club."

So why did you brand all Vale fans racist? Why did you publicly gloat about forcing out Rob Page and a solid mid-table L1 squad? Why did you make up a story about being beaten up by Vale fans, yet there was no police record?

"Over recent weeks the threats and abuse towards myself, my family and staff, have been escalated to a disgraceful and disgusting level"

I don't condone the abuse, but it begs a simple question, why don't you just sell up and leave? What is keeping you here?

"The deadline for player submissions was 11pm. The distance the player had to travel combined with the time and efforts required to prepare & complete the required documentation posed logistical challenges resulting in the signing of Marc Richards not happening because we would have been unable to meet that deadline."

You can still complete transfers after the 11pm deadline if a deal sheet is submitted in time. Why not do this? Sunderland signed Will Grigg this morning at 10am.

Okay, here we go:

"A CEO was appointed in July 2016 who has full day to day running of the club with the exception of any major decisions that are escalated to me"

Why haven't we heard from him in years? What is he doing? He has overseen a L1 relegation and two L2 relegation battles? Why is he hiding? Or are you the puppet master that won't let him speak?

"Since the appointment of the CEO The club has reduced its need to rely upon further financial support or loans from myself."

So if the finances are improved, why haven't we spent any of the unbudgeted £2.7m earned since January 2017 in improving the playing squad?

"I have a genuine concern of the impact the negative press is having on the club."

So why did you brand all Vale fans racist? Why did you publicly gloat about forcing out Rob Page and a solid mid-table L1 squad? Why did you make up a story about being beaten up by Vale fans, yet there was no police record?

"Over recent weeks the threats and abuse towards myself, my family and staff, have been escalated to a disgraceful and disgusting level"

I don't condone the abuse, but it begs a simple question, why don't you just sell up and leave? What is keeping you here?

"The deadline for player submissions was 11pm. The distance the player had to travel combined with the time and efforts required to prepare & complete the required documentation posed logistical challenges resulting in the signing of Marc Richards not happening because we would have been unable to meet that deadline."

You can still complete transfers after the 11pm deadline if a deal sheet is submitted in time. Why not do this? Sunderland signed Will Grigg this morning at 10am.

BANG ON...He is a liar,player (sadly not a forward) and takes control of everything but shuns publicly any responsibility unless there is any credit to be had

we could do with more telling us what its like to deal with him (ie risdale at preston couldn't)and how he operates he cant buy/control everyone.

Time to go , time to go time to go - now foff - one of the most dangerous owners in vales history could have been so different but he did it his way....reminds me of that knighton guy who tried to buy man utd sadly this one got through

If he really wanted to sign Marc Richards any normal owner would have moved heaven and earth to get it over the line.He probably wanted Garlick to stay put in case he managed to get an offer he couldn’t refuse for one of our players.

Even if he gave Richards a 6 month contract with extensions based on appearances (which seems to be his usual method)(ask Pugh and Tonge)he could have done the deal.

Richards contract is up at Swindon in the summer anyway and his days are numbered by the arrival of a prolific goal scorer called Theo Robinson.He is just blagging his way out until he has the Hugill money then he will ride off into the sunset.

He has already had reasonable offers for the club but is hanging on for his silly asking price.

If what he says is true why would you carry on as owner in his position.His statement shows he is rattled by the criticism and possible dissent from the supporters.

I am sure if he contacted the previous buyers he could do a deal to go and keep the Hugill money but he doesn’t want to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

Sponsors not coming in because of protests? Name one!

Not involved? Who's just signed all of these players?

Beware of the impact on other parts of the club? Explain.

I can't believe a word

Real questions? Why won't you sell? Where's the money? Why haven't we got a manager? Why no striker signed? What happened last Friday night?

So the terms were agreed at 8-30pm.Great,wonderful.All personnel were at Swindon.Great,wonderful.At 8-50pm Marc decided to drive up to Stoke.Why?He knows exactly where the stadium is.He knows exactly what its like.

How were these terms agreed?Was it a verbal agreement or was anything signed?

Why not simply e mail any documents over to each other.Sign the ones that need to be signed.Then send the e mail back.

Okay, here we go:

Absolutely bang on mate. But why, oh why are there still people out there that cannot see this man is bringing this Club into disrepute with his continual fantasy statements? I do despair that some of my fellow Valiants don't seem to realise the urgency and seriousness of our situation. We can go nowhere, but down with this man in charge. ( bangs head on brick wall!)

Archived