blackdog

Smurthwaite breaks silence.......

We actually did sign two others.

I wish them all the best in a Vale shirt, but fear that some evidence of success at this level is what we need right now. Not sure a young lad from the Spanish 4th Division qualifies!

To be fair - and I'm not sticking up for him - he did state that anything of higher power gets passed onto him, so I assume he probably has to be made aware of signing a player. The fact that we have no manager made the situation harder I imagine.

Whilst I am against Smurf, it appears he did at least try to bring an experienced striker in. That being said, why was the proposal at midday and then nothing sorted until 8:30pm? Seems a while to be sat there doing nothing.

All spot on.

On Richards why was a deal sheet not an option, sky sports talk of these all the time?

Shame really but all seems to make sense, just all too late in the damn day.

That statement is clearly from a worried man! If it's getting too much Smurthwaite why do you hang on? Please see sense and discuss the sale with any interested parties in a professional manner. We will have respect for you for that.

Why didn’t someone from the Vale drive south and meet MR somewhere between here and Northampton? On deadline day agents are swarming all over the motorway services...

More than fair, if the owner was in Leicester surely all he would have needed was the paperwork emailing to him and a printer?

He could have then met Rico somewhere convenient?

Or does it have to be certain people within the club that can sign to meet the needs of the EFL?

More than fair, if the owner was in Leicester surely all he would have needed was the paperwork emailing to him and a printer?

He could have then met Rico somewhere convenient?

Or does it have to be certain people within the club that can sign to meet the needs of the EFL?

Smurf was at Vale I believe until late.

That statement is clearly from a worried man! If it's getting too much Smurthwaite why do you hang on? Please see sense and discuss the sale with any interested parties in a professional manner. We will have respect for you for that.

Why hang on to an asset when it is losing you money every month. Unless it isn't.

Smurf was at Vale I believe until late.

He was looking for a taxi on Hamil Road.

Just pathetic excuses as usual.

He knew at Midday.

If he really wanted it to happen it would have happened.

He has panicked now he knows the fans are aware.

Other clubs move heaven and earth to sign players if they really want them.

Too busy signing players from Leek Town where he can be the big I am.

Garlick was too busy polishing his new works car.

Edited by Erniemossrules

Funny how he is genuinely concerned about the impact of negative publicity on the club when the vast majority of the negative publicity eminates directly from him! Unbelievable.

Why didn’t someone from the Vale drive south and meet MR somewhere between here and Northampton? On deadline day agents are swarming all over the motorway services...

Far too sensible! I've more respect for the bloke who wrote Mein Kampf than Smurf!

That's not exactly true - Rico said a chairman had pulled out, not ours. From that statement it's entirely possible it was theirs.

Again, not sticking up for the guy at all.

Ive looked all over twitter to find where Rico says it was the Swindon chairman who pulled out can you provide a link or proof.