onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite breaks silence.......

blackdog

Advert

So Gorm is blaming protesters before they protest for lack of sponsor's. Who's to blame for the lack of sponsors this season with empty boxes, advertising boards, a ragid flag on all the advertising poles above the railway stand??

So Gorm is blaming protesters before they protest for lack of sponsor's. Who's to blame for the lack of sponsors this season with empty boxes, advertising boards, a ragid flag on all the advertising poles above the railway stand??

I guess the marketing department should be too blame cough cough

Smurthwaite says that match day sponsors are pulling out because of threatened demonstrations Ive got an idea, perhaps the marketing dept could do a bit of overtime to cover the lost income :whistling:
im sure "confused .com" would be an apt sponsor at the moment.

As usual Gorman has blamed the fans for this mess. The lack of sponsors is due to protesting fans - they are only just starting to organise a protest. So is that why not many sponsors have come forward previously due to protesting fans or is it actually the club does not have the staff/time to attract new sponsors as you have cut the staff to the bare minimum and they are doing several jobs now.

Could it actually be the sponsors do not want to be connected to a club that is being run by Gorman and his way of running the club. Fans can see it's being run down and money is being taken out of the club as fast as it comes in, the lack of investment, so many promises being made by Gorman and then no evidence of these promises being carried through and then Gorman comes out in the press and blames everyone else.

Would you want to be involved with Gorman. You pay your sponsorship money thinking it will be used to support the manager and bring in new players with quality. Then you only see players being brought in without experience and no money being spent on the club infrastructure so it looks run down. Tanoy's that don't work properly, stands not finished and we wont mention the state of the pitch.

Brown did his part on that subject and may be leaving the club come the summer for doing this if Gorman has his way no doubt. He does not want players voicing their opinion on these matters. No doubt Gorman will now think Brown is picking on him and abusing him - what will the kids and sponsors think about that - the big bad Brown verbally abusing the owner.

The fans should protest and make their views known - but please do it peacefully. Protests should not involve verbal and physical abuse, threats to his family or fellow fans and any other methods that will bring the club and Vale fans into a bad light. The press will love that sort of thing and Gorman will love that as well, as he will no doubt make sure the press are aware of it and make it far worse than it actually was. Do this and the fans loose the high ground and give it all to Gorman. You will be playing into his hands. He is not stupid when it comes to manipulating the press and making the fans the evil ones at the club. We know the evil one is the owner for stripping the club of its assets.

I am not a Gorman supporter one bit - would love for someone/people to come in and take the club forward properly. But he wants a stupid price for the club and ground at the moment. All he wants is the money from possible owners, which they have to pay him and then he manipulates the situation so they pull out and he keeps the money they have paid. Already proven he does this and now sees it as a money making scheme to fund his other projects outside of the club.

As for the Rico incident - does he not think Swindon's Chairman on reading his side of the story will come out with their side of the fiasco. Rico will no doubt be asked by the press now its out there for his side of the story as well. Gorman coming out with not my fault - blame others will cause the story to run. The truth will come out shortly and Gorman will either be proved correct or again Gorman has lied about things to make it not his fault. No doubt Gorman will blame the fans for the deal not happening in the next few days as well - saying Rico did not want to come here due to the protests, abusive fans and threats against Rico. We know that Rico coming in would have been good for the club, specially now the Christmas period has passed and he does not need his christmas break. Older fans will know about this time off from his previous spell at the club :laugh: But he could score and the fans loved him for that. Gorman forgets about that - the fans liked Rico and would have seen it as Gorman actually trying to bring in a scorer. Yes another player previously attached to the club and in his later stages of his career, but it would have been a striker.

I must’ve only been for last weeks and this weeks fixtures - hardly going to break the bank that.... if it’s true that is!

He wants to get a grip of himself and sell up... I’m sick of the angst surrounding the club and he instigates most of it

I'm saying nothing.....:whistling:

Norman Smurthwaite you have ripped the heart and soul out of a football club that were formed in 1876. Port Vale have been through many hard times over the 143 years. Supporters in the past and present have had to work hard and put family matters to one side all for the love of supporting Port Vale. SO Mr ************ Smurthwaite don't you ever blame Port Vale fans for your failure in thinking you could buy a football club. Just go.

Whatever we do or don't believe re Marc Richards it is my thinking both he and his agent should cop the flack too. Marc must have known his Swindon days were numbered, and with the January window fast closing saw an opportunity at Vale Park. In my opinion, Marc's alleged eagerness to drive north in foul winter weather says more about his desperation to replace his Swindon pay cheque than it does Port Vale not completing the paperwork and medical by deadline.

Let's be honest....

If you really want to make a deal, you make a deal...

If you are desperate to make a deal you make the deal happen even if you have to do all the work, do all the running around to make the deal happen.

If your not really bothered about the deal you don't need to rush things, worry about deadlines or meetings, just take it easy and if it happens you have a deal if it doesn't nothing really changes.

If you don't want a deal you just say no.

There are a few exceptions to the above and variants.... if you want a deal but on different terms.... if you want try to show you do want a deal but in reality you don't etc.

Given the information available... from both sides... which of the above seems the better description?

Bit harsh that. Marc’s got bills to pay and family to support just like the rest of us. Why shouldn’t he go after an 18 month contract when he had only a few months to run on his current one and wasn’t likely to be playing much.

I think I can guess what happened. NS had Richards drive up thinking he was going to sign. NS thought he’d be able to get one over by pushing it to the deadline and requesting Richards cancelled his contract with Swindon. Then he would low ball Richards the following day knowing Richards has no contract to fall back on.

It might have worked on a young lad. Luckily Richards has been in the game a while and saw him coming a mile off. Just like most players and agents have. It’s evident no one in football will touch NS and I can’t say I blame them. I wouldn’t do business with such an odious character either.

Whatever we do or don't believe re Marc Richards it is my thinking both he and his agent should cop the flack too. Marc must have known his Swindon days were numbered, and with the January window fast closing saw an opportunity at Vale Park. In my opinion, Marc's alleged eagerness to drive north in foul winter weather says more about his desperation to replace his Swindon pay cheque than it does Port Vale not completing the paperwork and medical by deadline.

You're blaming Richards because he was desperate to come and play for Vale? How anyone can defend the club in these circumstances is seriously beyond belief. No excuse what so ever. It's transfer deadline day. Transfers happen right up to 11, and beyond so long as initial forms are in. It's 2019, paperwork can be sent anywhere in the world instantly. Richards was in Swindon at 8.30pm, not Australia. Were our staff sitting around at Vale waiting for a proven goalscorer stroll up Hamil Road?

No excuse, the whole saga shows the club is lazy and unprofessional. That approach filters through from the top. We're an embarrassment.

Archived