onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What happened over Richards?

old sage

Here's just a few Gems..

Port Vale owner Norman Smurthwaite says he will give manager Neil Aspin around £400,000 to spend in the January transfer window.

This was stated in November, following this results and performances dropped even further.

£400k buys nothing in January (look how much everyone else has spent).

Instead perhaps a prudent view was taken to sign a few loans and have a go in the summer.

Advert

Bit of a brain dead move of the Supporters Club to announce a 'No Confidence' verdict a couple of hours before the transfer window shut.

That would've been red rag to an egotistical maniac like our owner - possibly enough for him to make the decision to keep the 'sweeties in the jar' and appoint Pugh until the end of the season.

This was stated in November, following this results and performances dropped even further.

£400k buys nothing in January (look how much everyone else has spent).

Instead perhaps a prudent view was taken to sign a few loans and have a go in the summer.

In which case he should say nothing until he decided the best course of action.

Therefore in relation to the post, he misled the supporters, raised their expectation and hasn't delivered.

Bit of a brain dead move of the Supporters Club to announce a 'No Confidence' verdict a couple of hours before the transfer window shut.

That would've been red rag to an egotistical maniac like our owner - possibly enough for him to make the decision to keep the 'sweeties in the jar' and appoint Pugh until the end of the season.

So are you saying that the owner of our club is so daft that he decided to weaken his playing squad and his management team just because some fans said they didn’t like him. He heard what had gone on at the Supporters Club, took out his gun and blew a bloody great hole in his foot??? Ace businessman or what?

According to the leaked text he was in the car on the way up although he does not clarify which chairman pulled the plug.

As I've stated elsewhere - whatever we do or don't believe re Marc Richards it is my thinking both he and his agent should cop the flack too. Marc must have known his Swindon days were numbered, and with the January window fast closing saw an opportunity at Vale Park. In my opinion, Marc's alleged eagerness to drive north in foul winter weather says more about his desperation to replace his Swindon pay cheque than it does Port Vale not completing the paperwork and medical by deadline.

I read a lot of stuff online. Some is true, some exaggerated, some is incorrect and some is lies. I don't know the truth about what happened with Rico. I can say with confidence that the statement from the chairman is not the truth as he has shown time and time and time and time and time and time again that he tells lies!

I read a lot of stuff online. Some is true, some exaggerated, some is incorrect and some is lies. I don't know the truth about what happened with Rico. I can say with confidence that the statement from the chairman is not the truth as he has shown time and time and time and time and time and time again that he tells lies!

Which part isn’t true?

I suppose Swindon and Rico can come forward with their version of events can’t they. I understood also that a player could cancel his contract and even sign now if he wanted to, after DDay?

Whatever, clearly Rico didn’t want to do that on Thursday night. Wonder why that was?

I suppose Swindon and Rico can come forward with their version of events can’t they. I understood also that a player could cancel his contract and even sign now if he wanted to, after DDay?

Whatever, clearly Rico didn’t want to do that on Thursday night. Wonder why that was?

Would you cancel a contract you had on a promise of a contract with Smurf?

Given his reputation would you bet your livelihood on him keeping his promise?

I don't know who screwed this up, I have my suspicions .

Would you cancel a contract you had on a promise of a contract with Smurf?

Given his reputation would you bet your livelihood on him keeping his promise?

I don't know who screwed this up, I have my suspicions .

That was my point, plus isn't there a 1am rule which we could have evoked?

Regardless of the truth, we didn't bring in an experienced striker in the transfer window and I think we might need one!

Exactly. At best, we tried our hardest, offered competitive wages, but proven goalscorers still didn't come to the club. Why?

At worst, and more likely the truth, Smurthwaite has been a cheapskate again, and instead of throwing money at 1 or 2 quality additions, we've ended up with 6 kids with very little experience. Certainly not the kind of experience needed in the battle we're facing over the next 3 and a bit months.

Archived