yorky valiant

Vales new manager

Not even close RB.14/1 to go down,this morning.

It's a massive price.

I've been unfortunate enough to see us play regularly this season though and I had been more worried this season than last.

Hopefully we get a new manager bump and get over the line.

I have no doubt that the fans will get behind the team on Saturday. The hate is towards the owner ONLY. We must all stand together and hopefully the Supporter's Club Meeting tomorrow will be well attended. Maybe they come on board too! !

It's a tricky one. We need to ensure we stay up so a quick appointment is needed otherwise we will end up with a current experienced player but novice manager taking the reigns in the short term, we can't afford that to happen. In an ideal world, if we further away from the relegation trapdoor and could take more time, a responsible owner would have a vision for the club, identify and research managerial targets based on that vision, advertise the job, scrupulously research applicants and if none of those meet the vision except a compensation package is necessary to get the man you want and pay the money to get that person. Unfortunately that's not going to happen.

I wonder if these messages from Norman we’re passed by the marketing department or not!

Probably written by his puppet Garlick.

I believe he was quite worried last Saturday because of the expected protests.He didn’t want his guests to hear any abuse about him.Wasnt there anyway after his shenanigans in Hamil Road.

So let’s give him some stick this Saturday and support the team and players.

Might be worth taking a few red cards along to show him we aren’t happy.

Askey will be appointed Friday morning a few hours after the transfer market closes. You couldn't make it up.

New manager will be appointed early tomorrow morning. We don’t need any signings we just need better tactics at home. Any team who has only lost two out of last 11 away matches can be turned around.

We desperately need a decent striker' date=' we haven’t got one.[/quote']

Why are we obsessed with getting in more strikers we have plenty of options now. Whitfield could play up front, am still convinced a new manager could give Miller his mojo back, especially if we got the ball down and played to his strengths, similarly with Harris who looks the same type of player, Elliot looks fast as f**k and Pope will be back i 2,3 weeks.

What I feel we need is someone who can consistently create for whoever is playing up front, to me that is a far more pressing need, but with one day to go, can't see us signing anyone to be fair, not unless whoever the new manager is already knows and has arranged a couple of last minute jobbies on the QT!!

Whoever the new manager is the timing couldn't be worse,if he's announced tomorrow that will leave him a day to bring any players in.

Smurthwaite should have accepted Aspins resignation a fortnight ago to give the new manager a chance.

#smuthwaitesclueless

If he had done that then Gorman would have had to spend some of his money or be shown to be a little light on the truth shall we say. He did not want to fund any more players at Vale Park, so again has probably enjoyed leading Aspin and the fans on. This way he can have a good laugh and come out later how he enjoyed it and he engineered Aspin leaving like he has done with previous managers and players.

Why are we obsessed with getting in more strikers we have plenty of options now. Whitfield could play up front, am still convinced a new manager could give Miller his mojo back, especially if we got the ball down and played to his strengths, similarly with Harris who looks the same type of player, Elliot looks fast as f**k and Pope will be back i 2,3 weeks.

What I feel we need is someone who can consistently create for whoever is playing up front, to me that is a far more pressing need, but with one day to go, can't see us signing anyone to be fair, not unless whoever the new manager is already knows and has arranged a couple of last minute jobbies on the QT!!

Because the strikers you mention don’t have goals in them as yet so the more options the merrier.

I’d also go along with a creative player as that’s something we lack, Manny offers energy, Joyce a calm head and ball retention and Kay offers.....erm....nowt apart from arm waving and losing ball possession!

I expect there have been plans made already behind Neil's back.

Yep Gorman gets to keep his mits on the £400K and has even managed to thin the squad down even more, so he does not have to pay so much out in wages.

New manager will be appointed early tomorrow morning. We don’t need any signings we just need better tactics at home. Any team who has only lost two out of last 11 away matches can be turned around.

Hope the new manager is appointed tomorrow and he already has some experienced players lined up. I feel the squad, or what is left of it is better than last year, just needs the right tactics given to them and we will see a different set of players. You never know we may have enough players to fill the subs list on match day. :laugh:

Get behind the new manager and hope lady luck gives the players and manager a break for once. Also we get a better ref for the game.

Listening to Askey here before his stint at Shrewsbury...he sounds a very balanced manager but then again so did Aspin when he first started

Askey went on to be sacked winning only 4 games out of 17 matches

Listening to Askey here before his stint at Shrewsbury...he sounds a very balanced manager but then again so did Aspin when he first started

Askey went on to be sacked winning only 4 games out of 17 matches

To be fair he lost 3 of his best players to Ipswich and the loan players Hurst had the previous season also returned to their parent clubs.

Whoever the new manager is it's a gamble a massive gamble, if it was an exact science then everyone would be a winner.

My personal opinion on the manager choice is one which bring stability to the club. We’ve talked about Evans, Kewell, Bowyer and a host of managers and I think there needs to be some calm heads over the choice. Askey might not be fashionable and big appointment but I personally don’t think we need any more drama to add to the PVFC mix right now. This season we all wanted a mid table finish and a side to build on. I genuinely think we have the personnel to build on just not the right tactics to get the best out of them on a regular basis. Askey for me will bring that stability to the Vale. Evans we know will only be with us for 18 months tops because he’s that type of bloke. Kewell even if remotely successful will jump ship once any better opportunity arrives, Bowyer did well with a Blackpool team with no money agreed but I find it strange that no other teams are going on for him.

I think I Askey could bring the same stability that macc enjoyed tonget promoted steady progress and a settled side. Two things that aren’t fashionable but what we need now

To be fair he lost 3 of his best players to Ipswich and the loan players Hurst had the previous season also returned to their parent clubs.

Whoever the new manager is it's a gamble a massive gamble, if it was an exact science then everyone would be a winner.

This is true and Shrewsbury are a small fish at that level that had just had a remarkable season but one that if they failed to get promoted through was not likely to repeat itself. Not the ideal job to take really.

Yeah he had a nightmare really with Shrews inherited a side with guts ripped out in a pretty competitive league. They have only won another 3 since he left too