onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vales new manager

yorky valiant

Why would Kewell bother? He must have earned more money than Smurf himself earning thousands a week with Leeds, Liverpool, Galatasray etc.

He lives with his glamorous soap star wife and if I were him, no way would I sign up to work under ol’ blue balls.

A simple word to Michael Brown would tell him that was career suicide.

Advert

Why would Kewell bother? He must have earned more money than Smurf himself earning thousands a week with Leeds, Liverpool, Galatasray etc.

He lives with his glamorous soap star wife and if I were him, no way would I sign up to work under ol’ blue balls.

A simple word to Michael Brown would tell him that was career suicide.

I'd imagine Brown's even better off than Kewell but he still wanted the gig.

But how do you know what has been offered to Askey? The fans only like people that it seems are out of our reach for one reason or another.

Most were happy with Aspin but that didn’t work sadly.

It’s common knowledge that Askey wanted 35k and a long term contract.But Norm wouldn’t pay it and if he did only until the end of the season because he says the fans might not like him.(blame the fans again).

It’s common knowledge that Askey wanted 35k and a long term contract.But Norm wouldn’t pay it and if he did only until the end of the season because he says the fans might not like him.(blame the fans again).

I don’t get this ‘ common knowledge ‘ line - how is it common knowledge, who says, is the source reliable?

It might be true but from what I’ve read it’s only coming from this Forum and to be fair what’s spouted on here sometimes has to be taken with an enormous pinch of salt

I'm not having this 35 grand business.

Players are on more than that.

The manager is the most important component of a football team.

Surely to goodness this is just fabrication, too many Chinese whispers .

I cant remember when he said it but in the past he has said that a player is more important than the manager and that is why he doesn't pay as much to a manager,so I find the comments on whats on offer quite plausible,look at our managers after Adams...that tells you all you need to know imo

If what has been stated on here is true we won’t get a manager. Our chairman will only appoint a manager on a short term basis in case the fans don’t line him. If a manager is successful he will be liked and let’s face it successful these last few seasons means survival. Our chairman is deflecting his own poor style of modern management into the fans who are in the business works technically his customers. Not a good business model for anybody to want to come in and try their best to do a job. Our chairman must have got a first degree with honours from the business school of bankruptcy. Blaming all others and alienating your clientele only leads to one thing.

We ought to be taking the advice of footballing people in the know - like Rudgie and Sproson and their ilk - and then sitting down and sensibly trying to get the best candidate for the job, not the cheapest one.

Any other ambitious, well run club would realise that an experienced, proven manager is worth his weight and gold and even if it meant paying above the odds it would be worth it in the long run.

The three obvious names - all out of work - but with proven track records of success at our level - are Hurst, Clarke and Bowyer. Money talks and they are all on the market.

We've got it wrong three times in a row and can't afford to make the same mistake again.

A good manager will prove his worth and is the most important person at the Club. But they don't come cheap so I'm not holding my breath.

I know exactly what Bruno was on in a higher division and it was well below the average for that league. I also know that his assistant, the mad Irishman, would have been better off taking a paper round!

The mad irish man nearly bumped into me as he was coming out of the news agents on high lane once. He might have been supplementing his income with a paper round?

I am pretty certain that Bill Bratt once said, that the most important person at the club is the manager and never again while he was in charge would players get paid more than the gaffer.

That was the reasoning behind Adams appointment,they paid him the going rate.

Archived