onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vales new manager

yorky valiant

You beat me to REP's comments. Come on REP put a different angle on Elav Trop 1876 comments so many of us would say his Gormans plan. This way we can believe that Gorman does not have the demise of Vale Park in his mind. Or even better still Gorman Smurthwaite, come on and show the fans you do have some sort of plan for Vale getting promotion like you say you have previously said.

Why would he want to do those aforementioned thing and cost himself financially?

He’s either just making the wrong decisions or deliberately trying to lose money?

Advert

Smurf said if Brown goes so does Garlick.Another of His lies.Garlick and Fradley extended Browns contract costing the club more money when he went.

Even more reason to eject Garlick, it was the most awful decision, we all knew it... why couldn’t he... them pair see it? Is it any wonder Smurf got back involved.

Now, I’m not saying that Smurfs decisions are better, indeed far from it, BUT.... I think if it were my business I would be stepping back in when you see stupidity like that.... Fradley fell on his sword, Garlick must see the same treatment soon enough.

Complete waste of a wage' date=' I know we all wanted a CEO but he’s clearly not the man.[/quote']

Couldn’t agree more, people need to see that there is more to this than just Smurf - as a CEO he is definitely culpable to some degree - yes?

Spend that money on a top class manager, have Rudge do a director of football role (if he would on a more perm and solid basis) and get rid of Garlick.

Smurf is going no where unless he sells at the right price.

Those who think that Smurthwaite allows Garlick to make any decisions must be on monkey dust.

Garlick is there as a shield to deflect any criticism,his job is secretary, Smurthwaite runs the show (Poorly)

Seriously does any one believe Smurthwaite would allow someone else to spend the money ?

My top 3 of that bunch:

1. Bowyer - seen through a league 2 promotion

2. Nolan - has a win ratio of over 40% at both his clubs, plays a good style of football

I wouldn’t really pick any of the other tbh, *whilst Askey did well for Macc getting them out of the national league, he has very little good league experience.

*Pugh - has no experience and has only recently stepped up on his coaching duties (read the sentinel article and you’ll know what I mean).

*Kewell - his record is terrible at both his clubs, low win ratios and little experience.

*Hackett - who is he? say no more.

And how much did he have to spend, or waste?

My top 3 of that bunch:

1. Bowyer - seen through a league 2 promotion

2. Nolan - has a win ratio of over 40% at both his clubs, plays a good style of football

I wouldn’t really pick any of the other tbh, *whilst Askey did well for Macc getting them out of the national league, he has very little good league experience.

*Pugh - has no experience and has only recently stepped up on his coaching duties (read the sentinel article and you’ll know what I mean).

*Kewell - his record is terrible at both his clubs, low win ratios and little experience.

*Hackett - who is he? say no more.

What do you base 40% at both clubs on? At Notts County he won 3 out of 14 and 18 out of 57 at Crawley according to Soccerbase. Check your maths!

So in the last day or two we've had Phizz, fraggle and the usual bile from REP. Diverting all blame from Smurthwaite. Now Garlick is their focus. The bloke that came as Company Secretary and then one day started to be referred to as CEO (typical Norman).

So, what do you think Smurthwaite is to blame for? If anything. Are the vast majority out of order? Are we all wrong? What has he done that warrants you defending him so much? Is dropping from mid table L1 to bottom of L2 ok?

So in the last day or two we've had Phizz, fraggle and the usual bile from REP. Diverting all blame from Smurthwaite. Now Garlick is their focus. The bloke that came as Company Secretary and then one day started to be referred to as CEO (typical Norman).

So, what do you think Smurthwaite is to blame for? If anything. Are the vast majority out of order? Are we all wrong? What has he done that warrants you defending him so much? Is dropping from mid table L1 to bottom of L2 ok?

You need to look at the bigger picture, hate the owner by all means but there is far more to the club than just him. If you honestly think no one else is culpable and the only way to oust the owner is to hurl abuse at him without any clearly defined viable alternative you have a very closed mind which doesn’t help.

You need to look at the bigger picture' date=' hate the owner by all means but there is far more to the club than just him. If you honestly think no one else is culpable and the only way to oust the owner is to hurl abuse at him without any clearly defined viable alternative you have a very closed mind which doesn’t help.[/quote']

Criticism is not abuse.

Smurthwaite rules the roost. He is involved in all aspects of the decision making at the club. The buck stops with him.

There have been numerous viable alternatives, but people like you disregard them as you're more concerned with supporting Smurthwaite, and / or wumming on here.

It is not I that has a closed min REP. Coming from you that's an absolute whopper. Good one.

You need to look at the bigger picture' date=' hate the owner by all means but there is far more to the club than just him. If you honestly think no one else is culpable and the only way to oust the owner is to hurl abuse at him without any clearly defined viable alternative you have a very closed mind which doesn’t help.[/quote']

And well done dodging the original question. What would you say has been his fault? Anything?

Criticism is not abuse.

Smurthwaite rules the roost. He is involved in all aspects of the decision making at the club. The buck stops with him.

There have been numerous viable alternatives, but people like you disregard them as you're more concerned with supporting Smurthwaite, and / or wumming on here.

It is not I that has a closed min REP. Coming from you that's an absolute whopper. Good one.

Criticism fine, abuse is not, look at the pathetic name calling, the abuse on Twitter was scandalous, the make believe stories made up about him which are picked up and run with as fact.

Yes he’s clearly failing and yes he’s lied but abusing him serves no purpose, it’s counter productive. Peaceful protest (without foul and abusive language) and starving him out are all logical steps for those that want him gone.

Viable alternatives - where and how are they ‘viable’?

The buck does stop with him but the players are taking the **** out of the club (Brown aside), 4 crap managers have failed and the CEO has failed, of that there is little or no doubt.

I don’t care who owns the club so long as the club is successful. At the moment he’s provided a budget which his staff and the players are currently hugely underperforming on.

Archived