onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vales new manager

yorky valiant

What is his aim,

to continually not invest

to continually make the same mistakes (if that's what they are)but also on a bigger scale than before

to continually exonerate himself of any blame whilst the team drops like a stone

to continually give the fans nothing to cheer about

to continually rubbish any potential owners

to continually make extra money to budget but the team doesn't see it

to continually do nothing for the fans

to continually mess up marketing and advertising a real income stream, just look at the ground.

to continually show severe lack of leadership

decline, decline, decline - he is either continually very naïve and incompetent which even for him is hard to achieve(but believable) or its all part of his plan.

on our current status and ongoing trend and evidence what would say is his long term aim.

You beat me to REP's comments. Come on REP put a different angle on Elav Trop 1876 comments so many of us would say his Gormans plan. This way we can believe that Gorman does not have the demise of Vale Park in his mind. Or even better still Gorman Smurthwaite, come on and show the fans you do have some sort of plan for Vale getting promotion like you say you have previously said.

Advert

Askey is still favourite with Skybet :-

John Askey 1/3

Danny Pugh 5/1

Kevin Nolan 6/1

Gary Hackett 7/1

Gary Bowyer 8/1

Harry Kewell 8/1

My top 3 of that bunch:

1. Bowyer - seen through a league 2 promotion

2. Nolan - has a win ratio of over 40% at both his clubs, plays a good style of football

I wouldn’t really pick any of the other tbh, *whilst Askey did well for Macc getting them out of the national league, he has very little good league experience.

*Pugh - has no experience and has only recently stepped up on his coaching duties (read the sentinel article and you’ll know what I mean).

*Kewell - his record is terrible at both his clubs, low win ratios and little experience.

*Hackett - who is he? say no more.

and the Sentinel reports Askey is very interested in the job as well. ( unlike some on here saying he had ruled himself out )

I wonder when The Football League Paper did that interview with Askey, from which The Sentinel article quotes - i.e. was it before/after Askey has had any alleged offer from Smurthwaite?

and the Sentinel reports Askey is very interested in the job as well. ( unlike some on here saying he had ruled himself out )

Who has said he had ruled himself out?Plenty of posters commentating on the fact it looked a done deal but nothing had happened.

I wonder when The Football League Paper did that interview with Askey, from which The Sentinel article quotes - i.e. was it before/after Askey has had any alleged offer from Smurthwaite?

The FLP article included a lengthy quote from the Chairman's statement which appeared on the club website on Friday afternoon so that would suggest it was written after any alleged offer.

The FLP article included a lengthy quote from the Chairman's statement which appeared on the club website on Friday afternoon so that would suggest it was written after any alleged offer.

It was also after the first team squad had been told that Aspin was the new manager.

If that’s the case, then what is the point of Garlick being in what you are pointing towards some form of fake CEO role - get rid of him as well.

A good CEO, sets out what the aims are, of course he is going to consult Smurf, it’s his club at the end of the day, just like every other CEO would consult his board members and significant shareholders. He says the square root of nothing, he’s as culpable as Smurf’s in this and everyone points the finger at 1 man.

Balance.

Smurf said if Brown goes so does Garlick.Another of His lies.Garlick and Fradley extended Browns contract costing the club more money when he went.

Archived