onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vales new manager

yorky valiant

Advert

Mr Smurthwaite needs to ask himself why a bloke like Bowyer, who has managed at this level in his last job and has been out of work for six months, doesn't want to come to Vale.

Depends on why he left Blackpool and what was agreed. He officially resigned and there was a lot of talk about spending time with his family, so he may have personal issues he didn't want publicised. If it was more of a mutual decision to part company it's likely Blackpool are still paying the remaining 6 months of his contract, so he doesn't need a job right now.

Blakeman just said he had heard that we've approached Hurst and Bowyer and neither are interested.

If true at least we are going after some of the bigger experienced names out there.

Did you ask him for proof? 😂

Shows one of three things:

1. We aren’t offering enough money;

2. We are but the club is such a state they are just not interested;

3. Both of the above

My guess is 3

Was just going to ask the same question and how on earth would we know what money was offered to Askey bearing in mind 5hat there may or may not have been an array of performance related bonuses.

Unless of course there’s a leak from a high place within the club.

I more strongly suspect it got made up and is now a commonly accepted fact. No idea what the average manager salary at this level is but I'd be surprised if it wasn't quite a lot more; if we've offered him a contract. Be surprised if he hasn't been spoken to with his record at Macclesfield, which was outstanding.

Blakeman just said he had heard that we've approached Hurst and Bowyer and neither are interested.

If true at least we are going after some of the bigger experienced names out there.

Or is that Gorman saying to them I have approached them and they said no, when he actually has not. Gorman needs to prove to the fans he has, as Gorman has done this sort of thing before and been caught out. Made promises and said things and they have been proved wrong.

I can imagine Hurst at any road biding his time for a better job to come up. Probably in League One. Someone with a budget. As a career move a lot of managers would look at Vale as being not much to gain but a lot to lose, reputation wise.

I can imagine Hurst at any road biding his time for a better job to come up. Probably in League One. Someone with a budget. As a career move a lot of managers would look at Vale as being not much to gain but a lot to lose, reputation wise.

That is the real issue with getting a decent manager- who in their right mind would work for this buffoon we have as an owner?

Kevin Nolan was on talk sport last night so i txt in to ask if he would be interested in the Vale job, he laughed and said never say never. Hes not my choice but i just thought id ask.

He would be a decent appointment. Lets be realistic, we aren't going to get a Hurst,Evans or Heckingbottom in our current position.

Mr Smurthwaite needs to ask himself why a bloke like Bowyer, who has managed at this level in his last job and has been out of work for six months, doesn't want to come to Vale.

Bowyer left Blackpool due to personnel reasons. Just perhaps they have yet to be resolved.

Maybe Aspin should have done the same instead of by his own admission allowing his work / performance be impacted.

Like it or dislike it vale have a squad who should be top ten and with a proper manager they would have been.

heard on talk sport at little fun at our expense,, they said that aspin had left and that it said on the official statement we are hunting for a new manager -- they commented can you imagine them getting the spears out trying to search and find a new manager,,

only a small thing ……. no one takes us serious and this stems from the top - a lack of leadership , a lack of professionalism a lack of a target of achievement, a lack of determination , a lack of anything we just exist as a club in its current state but even that is being eroded as we go down the plug hole.

we are a joke of a club with a random amateur bloke off the street in charge

Two weeks on the trot now Smurthwaite has dodged the protests. What will he pull out of the bag for the next home game?

Rumour has it that he had Speedy watering the pitch and leaving the covers off so the match was postponed,

Crazy a little club like Hereford had 4 ins snow and are clearing their pitch ready to play.

The covers we have protect the pitch from frost but only if they are put on.

Anyone know if the covers were on?

Rumour has it that he had Speedy watering the pitch and leaving the covers off so the match was postponed,

Crazy a little club like Hereford had 4 ins snow and are clearing their pitch ready to play.

The covers we have protect the pitch from frost but only if they are put on.

Anyone know if the covers were on?

Judging by the pictures I would say yes

Archived