onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vales new manager

yorky valiant

Jesus wept! I must be niaive. £30 to £35K per annum for a league manager? I honestly believed even lower placed clubs paid way more than that. It's no wonder we can't attract a half decent candidate to push us forward. I abhor Smurthwaite to start with but if this is true I have to add to my hatred of the man in seeing him willingly allow us to slide out of the league for the sake of a pittance of his so called fortune. Go do a runner Smurthwaite, you are not worthy of any of my Port Vale breath in my body. Shameful.

Advert

We are a complete and utter shambles of a club and the person to blame for this is our Chairman and owner. He has single handed ruined the reputation of the club with constructive dismissals / resignations, ruined the ground with lack of investments, ruined a good L1 squad with crack pot signings off you tube and ruined the fan base due to his incompetence, false promises and contempt for fans.

Never in football have I heard of such an owner who is doing his hardest to take a club down and does not care how he does it but only when he does it. The lack of investment in players, staff, managers and the ground is gross negligence in any ones eyes. The best of it all he gloats about how he goes about the above in public which goads the fan base more.

I for one will never resort to the type of threats being given to the chairman on social media and I believe nobody should, for one they maybe illegal and the other its just encourages our Chairman to hurt us more because that is the type of man he is. I can not come to say his name anymore he is just 'the Chairman' of a once great club.

No self respecting manager would want to come it is better to be out of work.

I remember people calling Neil Redfern a liar when he said he'd enquired about the job last time but the salary was less than the physio at Leeds.

Seems like he was telling the truth.

Yeah, he said the manager's salary was £40,000. Seem to recall some on here bizarrely saying it was deliberately mis-reported (by whichever national publication it was in) as they had it in for Vale!

Was chatting with my old mate Bob down at Stone a few months ago. We were having a bit of a laugh about Norman tbh. Sting isn't too far off the truth about the money offered last time around. I think Aspin's willingness to take minimum wage forced Norms hand in the end.

I think 35k was what was offered last time. We don't know what has been offered this time. But things that were said, like the Leeds physio being paid more, the paper that reported the salary and aspin consistently saying he wasn't here for the money, probably proves where we are salary wise.

It's a disgrace. Chesterfield pay their manager 100 odd grand.

This is for a role that should be in complete control of all football matters. A role that if you don't perform you are quickly out. It should be rewarded with a reasonable salary. But that's common sense. Paying the market rate would also be common sense. But Norman doesn't have common sense. Norman is thick. Norman is a failure.

If we had a competent owner Askey would have been appointed yesterday afternoon and had all today to focus on bringing a few additions. Instead he has to spend it quibbling with Smurthwaite over the sake of a £35,000 salary. I would say it’s unbelievable but with this buffoon it is entirely believable,

I doubt askey has asked for 35k. He's probably laughed at norm when he offered that and now norms moved on to Pugh.

Very smart from Mr. Smurthwaite.

He gets rid of Aspin and Nogan (combined wage approx 1k/week) and replaces them with Pugh and Pope - who are already on the payroll. Saved himself another 50k there.

Very smart from Mr. Smurthwaite.

He gets rid of Aspin and Nogan (combined wage approx 1k/week) and replaces them with Pugh and Pope - who are already on the payroll. Saved himself another 50k there.

Completely forgot that we had a mega Experienced manager in the ranks to help us pull clear of the relegation fight we are in.... you couldn’t make it up :)

Archived